Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I’m very happy with the current writers.
    I’ve really been enjoying Brisson & Rosenberg. They’ve world building and i would be gutted if all that was snatched away for ANOTHER new writer. Nobody gets time to breathe these days and tell their stories.
    Yeah, X-Men are really strong right now. Age of X-Man is one of the best events in years and Uncanny is a good companion for it.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, X-Men are really strong right now. Age of X-Man is one of the best events in years and Uncanny is a good companion for it.
    Co-co-sign. Things are pretty cool right now.

BANNED

Got no problem with Hickman writing Magneto, Rogue, and how he could build up a huge Sinister deal.

Hickman sign me up. The X-line is at its best one strong writer takes over for a long period. Hickman has enough weigh to get a long run and that is what these books need a long cohesive run where characters develop.

I'd be very happy to have Hickman on the X-Books. His payoffs take a long time but once the story is done it is almost always a great ride.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

For folks who might not be aware...

Hickman writes a creator-owned title at Image(The Black Monday Murders).

After the last arc, the creative team let folks know that the next arc would be the final one. They also said that they weren't even going to bother with soliciting it until their work was finished. The idea being that doing things that way would provide a final arc without any publishing delays between issues.

The interesting part?

(Assuming this takes) the books final arc hits the stands in April.

Make of that what you will.

East of West also wraps this year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    East of West also wraps this year.
    Yep.

Not saying that those two things point in a certain direction. Just pointing out that it is the case.

Never mind that there is a pretty classic "Hickman Comic Design Pattern" on his Twitter page. I tried to figure out if it fit into something preexisting, but I'm not sure if it does.

Hickman on X-Men would get me buying Marvel comics again.

He'd be exciting, the build-up to secret wars and his central book was the best thing about it.

He didn't do Invisible Woman justice at all though, she spent the whole event looking like a blow-up sex doll, but that was an artists interpretation of the story 'suppose.

It would be great for a writer to get back to the evolution aspect of the X-men for sure, it's the main draw to me towards the marvel mutants, the crusading is tiresome and preachy now.

I think when they said he did a good Sue, they meant in his F4 run?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Almost any change involving Brisson and Rosenberg outside is to my liking but also Hickman would be phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ah yes, I can't comment on his F4 run as I've not read it, I mean't in regards to just the Secret Wars event

Fantastic Member

so did some checking almost 99.9 percent positive this teaser is for cates and stegman venom god is coming event starting this august ......still hearing whispers of hickman supposedly the orginal plan was for him to have carte blanche and take over the entire x-line soup to nuts not necessarily write everything but more of a showrunner like ellis did back with counter x this may have changed and im hearing now he he may just be wriitng one new big high profile x-book ala whedon on astonshing

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I did. And I think that he could write a damn good Jean, Betsy, and Ororo. I just worry that based on the past it's going to all be about Magneto, Cyclops, and Wolverine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey