Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wonder why Peter is suddenly so sick?
    It's possible that he just is and that it's just bad timing with being hit with the whole Kraven thing but...they've played it up so much it does seem like there's something more to it.

My thought was that Taskmaster and Black Ant exposed him to something the last time they met, for the purposes of softening him up for the hunt. I believe someone else theorized that he may have caught something from Ned when he passed.

If it's anything more than just a particularly nasty random onset of the flu, I guess we'll find out soon.

Oh man the reveal

spoilers:
    Peter was put back in the Black Costume! In universe Kraven's trying to make this a sequel to KLH. Absolutely badass.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

It's a bold move to have so many nods to Kraven's Last Hunt.

It works on some levels. It hasn't been done to death, especially with the focus on the more obscure moments from that story, and it's something enough readers will be familiar with.

It can backfire if this gets in the way of storytelling, but that hasn't happened yet. It didn't hinder Spencer and Ramos from going in a different direction.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    GOD DANG I LOVE THIS ISSUE!

This, THIS, is what I missed so long from Spider-Man comics: stakes, seriousness, the weight of the web-slinger being placed on Peter's shoulders. No spoilers, but holy heck this was amazing!!!
    This was pretty amazing (no pun intended). It reminds me of the Grim gritty stuff of the late 80s and early 90s, which I suppose makes sense giving the subject material. When Spencer's run started I thought it was going to be more lighthearted and goofy but damn...he can pull of dark as well. I'm looking forward to this.

Another good issue. While I'm not as enthusiastic as most I did enjoy at all the same.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a bold move to have so many nods to Kraven's Last Hunt.

It works on some levels. It hasn't been done to death, especially with the focus on the more obscure moments from that story, and it's something enough readers will be familiar with.

It can backfire if this gets in the way of storytelling, but that hasn't happened yet. It didn't hinder Spencer and Ramos from going in a different direction.
    Other than the opening homage that took up the first few pages, the nods back never took me out of the story. They mostly were, as you say, subtle winks such as Kraven wearing a dark suit, Spidey referencing Ned's recent death (again) and possibly Spidey's illness as he also was battling a bad cold at the beginning of KLH although, this time out, he seems much iller and much more is being made of it in-story so I think there is more to it as some have suggested (possible exposure to a virus to weaken him planned by Kraven).

Overall, a superb issue and excellent start for this arc.

this was a fun read; movie-esque. nothing's going to beat the Last Hunt. but I think that Spencer has elevated Sergei similarly to how Slott elevated Otto. Kraven feels like a more important figure, to me. I was a little lukewarm on him prior to this. it was also pretty bad*** for his son to nerf himself during the fight.

Spectacular Member

In Kraven's Last Hunt, and even in Grim Hunt Spider-Man was sick, he could barely concentrate, and he also mentioned that he was hearing drums just like in Grim Hunt, I don't think this is something like a virus, I think this is supernatural, a connecion of Peter to the web of life or him being a tótem, I always wonder about that so hopefully in here it will be explained.

Felicia:

"Okay, there are worse prisons. Maybe the play here is just to draw a bath, order some room service and ... "

The best part of this book was the softness between Felicia and her new son.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Doreen is going to be so disappointed in Sergei.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Doreen is going to be so disappointed in Sergei.
    she met a clone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The best part of this book was the softness between Felicia and her new son.
    who? "snake" kid? she's just playing with him before the kill...like a cat.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So what’s Kravens goal here? His “real” goal, that is?
    Any theories?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So what’s Kravens goal here? His “real” goal, that is?
    Any theories?
    he wants to get Peter to the point where he's ready to kill him. he wants peace/eternal rest. this is his Joker standing in the way of the batcycle moment.