Default Amazing Spider-Man #17: Hunted Part 1

Absolute killer issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Absolute killer issue.
    Impressive start.

BANNED

spoilers:
    nice homage to KLH in the beginning however killer robots? I could buy him employing tech to contain them but to use hunter robots for the actual hunt itself makes it not a hunt but a slaughter fest in which skill doesn't factor at all. oh well it was unlikely that he could hunt them all on his own even with the aid of his son. so I guess kraven must have organized this hunt for someone else and the person has promised to induce Spider man or one with his powers like Ben or kaine to grant him release from the curse by killing him or he may himself have the power of a Spider totem or something to kill him. reminds me of Hank henshaw working for the anti monitor for the price of final release through death.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    spoilers:
    nice homage to KLH in the beginning however killer robots? I could buy him employing tech to contain them but to use hunter robots for the actual hunt itself makes it not a hunt but a slaughter fest in which skill doesn't factor at all. oh well it was unlikely that he could hunt them all on his own even with the aid of his son. so I guess kraven must have organized this hunt for someone else and the person has promised to induce Spider man or one with his powers like Ben or kaine to grant him release from the curse by killing him or he may himself have the power of a Spider totem or something to kill him. reminds me of Hank henshaw working for the anti monitor for the price of final release through death.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldnt say that they are killer robots just yet maybe its the rich guest in those specialize suits and that will be the twist that they are being hunted by regular civilians.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Great issue, though I really hope that 'vision' of MJ isn't going to come true. I'd be pretty upset if it did.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:
    Great issue, though I really hope that 'vision' of MJ isn't going to come true. I'd be pretty upset if it did.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I dont think so I going to give Mj the benefit of the Doubt to be more than capable of protecting herself from potential attacks now
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Kraven says that only Spider-Man can kill him now because of the curse placed on him by the magic used in Grim Hunt. Didn't Kaine already kill Kraven and then revive him? Shouldn't the curse be lifted and Kraven be mortal again?

GOD DANG I LOVE THIS ISSUE!

This, THIS, is what I missed so long from Spider-Man comics: stakes, seriousness, the weight of the web-slinger being placed on Peter's shoulders. No spoilers, but holy heck this was amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Kraven says that only Spider-Man can kill him now because of the curse placed on him by the magic used in Grim Hunt. Didn't Kaine already kill Kraven and then revive him? Shouldn't the curse be lifted and Kraven be mortal again?
    I think they implied that the Kraven Kaine killed (and all the others that appeared since) were the clones, and this is the real Kraven's first appearance since Grim Hunt. So the curse is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have a feeling that's a setup for the next story, which is presumably the Centidemon making their move. It makes some sense for them to go after MJ (if that's part of their plan) when they know that Peter is otherwise engaged. I don't think she'll be dead, just kidnapped.
    end of spoilers

He's Kaining, PETER IS KAINING.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This also marks the second double-sized issue in a row on this series, and the third overall (with issue #1 being extra-sized). This means this story now has the most page space of any story in this series thus far! I'm willing to bet that #25 will be extra-sized as well for the anniversary!
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 03-13-2019 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    GOD DANG I LOVE THIS ISSUE!

This, THIS, is what I missed so long from Spider-Man comics: stakes, seriousness, the weight of the web-slinger being placed on Peter's shoulders. No spoilers, but holy heck this was amazing!!!
    Seconded! This was one rip-roaring issue! This is gonna get CRAZY!!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

This run is killing it! And this is the best ASM issue I've read in a long time!

Extraordinary Member

I wonder why Peter is suddenly so sick?