Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Something I do really think deserves credit about this story, it could've seemed really cheap and gimmicky if done by any other writer, which we already kind of saw how something like that would be received through Grim Hunt. And yet, this doesn't feel cheap or unearned at all, the references and connections feel satisfying and all come together so well, and that shows just how good Spencer is in terms of executing and structuring his stories.
    there's also that Punisher story where Kraven (I think it was Al Kraven) captured Frank and a bunch of animal themed villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Armadillo, Beetle, Black Cat, Black Mamba, Black Racer, Black Tarantula, Bushmaster, Constrictor, Cottonmouth, Fer-de-Lance, Gazelle, Gibbon, Hippo, Iguana, Kangaroo, Killer Shrike, King Cobra, Lady Octopus, Man-Bull, Owl, Panda-Mania, Puff Adder, Puma, Rhino, Rock Python, Scorpion, Slug, Squid, Stegron, Tarantula, Toad, Vulture, Walrus, White Rabbit

Plenty of villains to choose from i am sure only a few will be killed off though.
    I wonder if Gibbon is getting a standalone because he's not going to make it. Toad is part of Magneto's new Brotherhood. he's safe. Beetle and Black Cat are safe. it wouldn't surprise me if Lady Octopus is only there to get her back into rotation (to later appear in Superior Spider-man). a lot of these folks are too new to be on the chopping block. not sure which iteration of King Cobra this is. he could be killed off/replaced. i'm guessing that any Lee/Kirby creations are safe. plus Rhino and Scorpion still have to get their promised revenge.

the worry pile:
    Gazelle
    White Rabbit
    any Serpent Society member who isn't Puff Adder, Anaconda, Black Mamba, Asp, or Cottonmouth
    Iguana
    Hippo (who Spencer put into villains anonymous anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wonder if Gibbon is getting a standalone because he's not going to make it. Toad is part of Magneto's new Brotherhood. he's safe. Beetle and Black Cat are safe. it wouldn't surprise me if Lady Octopus is only there to get her back into rotation (to later appear in Superior Spider-man). a lot of these folks are too new to be on the chopping block. not sure which iteration of King Cobra this is. he could be killed off/replaced. i'm guessing that any Lee/Kirby creations are safe. plus Rhino and Scorpion still have to get their promised revenge.
    I'm calling it now, the Gibbon issue is gonna be Spencer's "Ballad Of Kite Man", taking the dumb character we laugh at and then making us feel extremely bad for him, right before he dies.

I'm calling it now, the Gibbon issue is gonna be Spencer's "Ballad Of Kite Man", taking the dumb character we laugh at and then making us feel extremely bad for him, right before he dies.
    he's had a rough life. he barely survived being poisoned (and burned all over) by Frank Castle.

Well, having read the first part of "Hunted," I have say it's really good, BUT...there's definitely an aspect about Amazing Spider-Man #17 which I think really works against it. In fact, my stance on it my review might be a little controversial for some folks, especially since I think Nick Spencer has been doing some top notch stuff on this title, too.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 17 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, having read the first part of "Hunted," I have say it's really good, BUT...there's definitely an aspect about Amazing Spider-Man #17 which I think really works against it. In fact, my stance on it my review might be a little controversial for some folks, especially since I think Nick Spencer has been doing some top notch stuff on this title, too.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 17 review
    I may not fully agree, but I respect your review and your hustle reviewing every Spider-title. Godspeed!

You might be right. I'm a big Alex Gentry Porcupine fan because Mark Gruenwald did the same thing with him way back in Captain America #315. Ironically when he was helping Cap against the Serpent Society. I'm rooting against the snakes here.

Hippo, Panda Mania, White Rabbit and few others better stay close to Peter and Felicia if they know what's good for them. Rhino might make a good ally as well.

White Rabbit has been used a lot lately (to comedic effect of varying success) so I don't think they'll off her. I'd be surprised if there were more than three deaths, honestly. And whoever dies will likely return without reference to this story anyway.

Gazelle? Not the one from Salem's Seven, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    White Rabbit has been used a lot lately (to comedic effect of varying success) so I don't think they'll off her. I'd be surprised if there were more than three deaths, honestly. And whoever dies will likely return without reference to this story anyway.

Gazelle? Not the one from Salem's Seven, right?
    Yes Salem Seven's Gazelle.

Kind of interesting to see the owl
    And king cobra there, considering spidey only fought them once. Now that daredevil seems to be focusing on kingpin, snd minjas, maybe they could be added to spidey’s rogues gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Kind of interesting to see the owl
    And king cobra there, considering spidey only fought them once. Now that daredevil seems to be focusing on kingpin, snd minjas, maybe they could be added to spidey’s rogues gallery?
    I honestly don't expect Owl to survive this. and i'm not sure which King Cobra this is. doesn't really look like Voorhees (not that this particularly matters). I can't keep track of the various serpent society members. I wouldn't mind them becoming regulars in Spidey's book though.

Astonishing Member

Great first part of the Hunted story arc.
    The homages done to the classic Kraven Last Hunt story be it in the story or in the art by Humberto Ramos are well done.
    The story evokes element of the KLH but is not just a copy of that story and is looking to be quite interesting indeeed.
    Spider-Man back in his Black Costume was surprising,because that was not shown in the the covers of the next ASM stories from the solicits.
    The amount of villains that apeared in this story was way cool.Stegron and Iguana to say a few are villains that have apeared in very few Spider-Man stories.
    Speaking again about the art,this issue have some of the best illustrations by Humberto Ramos that i have seen.
    So yeah i am looking forward the next issue.

what ever happened to the Jarvis support group and the blue centipede guy ?
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    what ever happened to the Jarvis support group and the blue centipede guy ?
    The Centipede Demon will be coming back after Hunted, and I'm pretty sure Mary Jane will be needing another session with the Lookups in the aftermath of Hunted as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

does mj have life insurance
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate