Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man: City At War

I haven’t seen a thread around for this so thought I’d get one going. This comes out next week, and seems to basically be a comic-retelling of the events in the game. What do you guys think?

Bit undecided if it’ll be worth getting or not at the minute, I don’t know what would sway me.

is it just a retelling then I wouldnt understand the purpose of getting it. If it adds anything new maybe you should?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I haven’t seen a thread around for this so thought I’d get one going. This comes out next week, and seems to basically be a comic-retelling of the events in the game. What do you guys think?

Bit undecided if it’ll be worth getting or not at the minute, I don’t know what would sway me.
    Methinks they should have gone the way of the injustice comics which are the best game tie in comics. Those were digital releases weekly and so on and were able to work as prequels building up to the first game.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Hopeless is writing this title, so I'll try the first issue.

And there is also Bandini, which means the art must be gorgeous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Hopeless is writing this title, so I'll try the first issue.

And there is also Bandini, which means the art must be gorgeous.
    I'm not a gamer so it's connection to the game means nothing to me. The fact that Hopeless is writing this piques my interest, though.

If the preview art looks sharp enough, I'll likely check out the first issue.

I wonder why they didn't get Cristos Gage to write this, lol.

(For those who don't know, Gage was one of the game's main writers.)

From the sound of it, it looks like this story is being used to set up a "Gamerverse", presumably leading to more stories told in this Insomniac-verse later down the road, which I don't mind.

Hopeless has said they aren't doing a traditional re-telling of the game, with some issues told from the perspectives of other characters, and Bandini's art that we've seen looks excellent, so I'm interested to check it out at least on those merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Methinks they should have gone the way of the injustice comics which are the best game tie in comics. Those were digital releases weekly and so on and were able to work as prequels building up to the first game.
    As much as I would have liked that, I could also see Insomniac really wanting to do their own thing and not be bound to a comic continuity.