Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Is that supposed to be exciting? Because it's not.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say this is probably for a new Watchmen series (possibly even an ongoing) after Doomsday Clock, which if so.....you were already stepping on hard shells when you're doing a limited crossover, you really wanna risk stretching it further? I don't even know where you could go besides permanently moving them to the DCU, which would be a VERY bad idea.
    It looks like the new HBO series is taking this route. DC probably feels justified in supporting it with tie-ins, so we'll be getting a Watchmen sequel tv show with Watchmen sequel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say this is probably for a new Watchmen series (possibly even an ongoing) after Doomsday Clock, which if so.....you were already stepping on hard shells when you're doing a limited crossover, you really wanna risk stretching it further? I don't even know where you could go besides permanently moving them to the DCU, which would be a VERY bad idea.
    True. It's one thing to do Watchmen prequels and sequels, but it's another to cross them over with DC characters. It's another level altogether to bring them into whatever DC's calling their main Earth this year. The magic of Watchmen was their exclusivity on their Earth. Manhattan was an unbelievably powerful character who brought fear planetwide. On the current DC Earth, if Superman has a hissyfit, there's a list of names and numbers to call. The Watchemn, IMHO, lose something being brought over for anything more than a single evergreen story.

Now a Watchmen series set on Earth-W after DClock and staying separate from DC's folks could work. But Pandora's crossover box (can I say Pandora? lol) has already been opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Said to be a lot of chatter about it at the Diamond Summit today.

Oh, and this happened too

Is this a photo of the release schedule for the rest of Doomsday Clock?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But right now issue #10 is still due out at the end of this month, and issue #11 is currently scheduled for release Aug 14, 2019 (about two-and-a-half months later) . . .
    As of Thursday (May 23rd) evening, those are still the dates Previewsworld has listed.

(So I guess issue #10 will probably be available this coming Wednesday.)

As of Thursday (May 23rd) evening, those are still the dates Previewsworld has listed.

(So I guess issue #10 will probably be available this coming Wednesday.)
    You almost sound disappointed.

In any case, I look forward to seeing if ny of the belief regarding the supposed tie-ins between HiC and DClock are responsible for the delay of issue ten.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You almost sound disappointed.
    Well, not really "disappointed" as much as still waiting to see if that does happen or not.

Besides, even if issue #10 is available on the 29th, we still have to wait and see if issue #11 stays on schedule for August 14th or not!

But right now issue #10 is still due out at the end of this month, and issue #11 is currently scheduled for release Aug 14, 2019 (about two-and-a-half months later). If that still holds true, you think DC would be willing to make issue #12 ship an additional four months later?!?
    If that's the case with issue #11 it makes me wish I trade waited this series.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    If that's the case with issue #11 it makes me wish I trade waited this series.
    I doubt DC is going to try to get issue 12 out to coincide with HBO's series. If DC does decide to launch something to go along with the Watchmen TV series, I'd think they'd go with a trade of fancier collection rather than individual issues. Just my opinion. And a complete collection would probably sell as a Christmas gift.

For the record, Previewsworld still lists Doomsday Clock #11 as "In Shops: Aug 14, 2019".

And I don't remember seeing anything about Doomsday Clock #12 in September's solicitations, so I guess October would be the earliest at this point?

Well, we now have more current news about delays for Doomsday Clock.

Doomsday Clock #11 has been further delayed TWO ADDITIONAL TIMES this month alone!

On July 11, DC 11 was delayed to August 28.

And now, a week later, today July 17, DC 11 is currently scheduled to arrive September 4.

Doomsday Clock 11 was originally solicited for May 22, so this delay is a total of 15 weeks.

I think the real problem for fans of this series is that there is never a reason given for these delays.

It's really a lot to ask of fans when there is nothing but radio silence on DC's end because even the September 4 date isn't really set in stone.

Will there be even further delays?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    . . . now, a week later, today July 17, DC 11 is currently scheduled to arrive September 4.

Doomsday Clock 11 was originally solicited for May 22, so this delay is a total of 15 weeks.

I think the real problem for fans of this series is that there is never a reason given for these delays.

It's really a lot to ask of fans when there is nothing but radio silence on DC's end because even the September 4 date isn't really set in stone.

So, I'm guessing issue #12 probably won't be out before November at this point?

Spectacular Member

Shazam is having delays as well so I wonder if it's down to Geoff Johns rather than anything else.

I wonder when we'll get a cover reveal for issue 12?
    So, I'm guessing issue #12 probably won't be out before November at this point?
    I think December is more likely if it's following the pattern of the last few issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it's timed for HBO's Watchmen season finale depending on when it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, we now have more current news about delays for Doomsday Clock.

Doomsday Clock #11 has been further delayed TWO ADDITIONAL TIMES this month alone!

On July 11, DC 11 was delayed to August 28.

And now, a week later, today July 17, DC 11 is currently scheduled to arrive September 4.

There's really not much more we can say, except repeat our disappointment ad nauseum. And although no date is really set in stone until the book actually hits the stands, DClock had rightfully gained a great deal of doubt and mistrust for its prospective dates.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Shazam is having delays as well . . .
    Dates from Previewsworld:
    #4 = Mar 27, 2019
    #5 = May 08, 2019
    #6 = Jun 05, 2019
    #7 = In Shops: Aug 21, 2019
    #8 = In Shops: Sep 04, 2019
    #9 = In Shops: Sep 18, 2019
    Somehow, I've got a feeling those dates for issues #8 and #9 may also be changing in the future . . .