Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Do you think it's because he has to rewrite some stuff since it seems like DdC is no longer as important as it was initially seen? Well, in my opinion the book's control over the DCU was downgraded for Snyder and Bendis' plans.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Do you think it's because he has to rewrite some stuff since it seems like DdC is no longer as important as it was initially seen? Well, in my opinion the book's control over the DCU was downgraded for Snyder and Bendis' plans.
    I think that's exactly the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, we now have more current news about delays for Doomsday Clock.

Doomsday Clock #11 has been further delayed TWO ADDITIONAL TIMES this month alone!

On July 11, DC 11 was delayed to August 28.

And now, a week later, today July 17, DC 11 is currently scheduled to arrive September 4.

Doomsday Clock 11 was originally solicited for May 22, so this delay is a total of 15 weeks.

I think the real problem for fans of this series is that there is never a reason given for these delays.

It's really a lot to ask of fans when there is nothing but radio silence on DC's end because even the September 4 date isn't really set in stone.

Will there be even further delays?
    To be fair they don't really owe fans explanations for the delays. When game developers delay a video game, they don't always make official statements on why the game was delayed, they just reveal a new release date. The backstage politics of a comic book publisher isn't really meant to be public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Don't forget Tom "Heroes in Crisis" King.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair they don't really owe fans explanations for the delays. When game developers delay a video game, they don't always make official statements on why the game was delayed, they just reveal a new release date. The backstage politics of a comic book publisher isn't really meant to be public knowledge.
    It would be nice (and perhaps even wise) if DC did give people the reasons for the laughable way they've delayed Doomsday Cluck, especially when they were in the constant weekly delay phase. But, they aren't obligated to do so, and we don't know if the reasons would be extremely petty or not. (Mind you, that doesn't mean there aren't fans who will be imaging and gossiping about the worst possible reasons, but it's DC's choice as to how to handle this fuster-cluck.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

It would be nice (and perhaps even wise) if DC did give people the reasons for the laughable way they've delayed Doomsday Cluck, especially when they were in the constant weekly delay phase. But, they aren't obligated to do so, and we don't know if the reasons would be extremely petty or not. (Mind you, that doesn't mean there aren't fans who will be imaging and gossiping about the worst possible reasons, but it's DC's choice as to how to handle this fuster-cluck.)
    Naturally it makes them look bad anyway, I just think that if the delays are because of the writer or artist, or even editorial, it wouldn't make much sense for them to publicly throw the creative team under the bus. The corporate world just doesn't work that way. So if they can't come up with a proper excuse that does as little damage to everyone involved as possible, they just won't say anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Nintendo Does and that show its honesty to its customers.

The art looks fantastic there, and it's only one panel!

Spectacular Member

At a guess, it's probably Manhattan or someone else explaining why Rebirth happened in the DC Universe.

Gary Frank posted a different teaser from 11 a while back, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9-rQDQW...jpg&name=large

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    At a guess, it's probably Manhattan or someone else explaining why Rebirth happened in the DC Universe.

Gary Frank posted a different teaser from 11 a while back, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9-rQDQW...jpg&name=large
    Well, this is the solicitude for issue #11> In this penultimate issue, the truth behind “Rebirth” is revealed as Batman searches for the one person he believes can help him save the world…Rorschach!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He's hard to forget tonight after he won Eisners for Best Writer and Best Limited Series. :P

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    He's hard to forget tonight after he won Eisners for Best Writer and Best Limited Series. :P
    Al Ewing is putting on a current masterclass right now on Immortal Hulk, which should have won best on-going series easily. I am hoping Mr. Ewing wins best writer as well and humble Tom King.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 07-20-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Al Ewing is putting on a current masterclass right now on Immortal Hulk, which should win best on-going series easily. I am hoping Mr. Ewing wins best writer as well and humble Tom King.
    Yeah! It really is a shame Al ewing didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! It really is a shame Al ewing didn't win.
    It certainly is! Immortal Hulk is the best modern comic I have read in a LONG time!

But I guess the industry loves grim dark and depressing stories, seeing as how Tom won for his stories.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 07-20-2019 at 05:13 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It certainly is! Immortal Hulk is the best modern comic I have read in a LONG time!

But I guess the industry loves grim dark and depressing stories, seeing as how Tom won for his stories.
    I agree that Ewing should have won this year, but in all fairness Immortal Hulk is pretty damn grim dark. As it should be since it’s pretty much a horror comic. It’s feels more like a Swamp Thing book than a traditional Hulk story. Hulk hasn’t really been interesting in decades so Ewing is definitely doing something special here.