Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You got Bendis doing his Levithian stuff in Superman, King doing his huge Batman arc + HiC, and Snyder setting up his "New Crisis event", so all of this plus DC being not exactly sure of when the timing is right has resulted in their plans changing drastically.
    Whats the Snyder new crisis stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by movieclub View Post
    Whats the Snyder new crisis stuff?
    I think Snyder's said his storylines are building to a "Crisis" of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Snyder's said his storylines are building to a "Crisis" of sorts.
    Now if the revamping that was planned for rebirth/DClock goes to this New Crisis event, that would feed into the "editorial interference" theory.

But if the JSA and Legion return as a result of DClock, the effects of a new multi-versal Crisis could shift those planes considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Both the Previewsworld listing and the DC website listing now have issue #10 as "In Shops: May 29, 2019"!

(And at the moment, the Previewsworld listing for issue #11 is also currently "In Shops: May 29, 2019", so we'll have to see if/when that gets updated as well.)
    By the way, since it seems like issue #10 has already received the one-week delay at the start of this week, do you think it will still get another delay this Wednesday?

(And they still have both issue #10 and issue #11 scheduled for that May 29th date; I would have expected #11 to be moved to at least June 5th or later by now, but maybe they'll get to that for tomorrow?)

By the way, since it seems like issue #10 has already received the one-week delay at the start of this week, do you think it will still get another delay this Wednesday?

(And they still have both issue #10 and issue #11 scheduled for that May 29th date; I would have expected #11 to be moved to at least June 5th or later by now, but maybe they'll get to that for tomorrow?)
    The delays are numerous and frequent enough that I don't think we need to post what we think the next delay will be as well as posting about actual delays.

But do the delays usually happen on a certain day of the week? I know Diamond publishes a list of schedule changes every Tuesday. I'd expect DC knows about that and if they wanted to avoid any surprises wou;ld announce on a Wednesday to avoid a bigger surprise. As if these things were surprises to anyone any more.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Batman will go until issue 100.
    Tec will keep going beyond #1000, same for Action.
    Superman will barely have reached issue 20 by then.
    The Green Lantern will keep going as well, I presume.
    Flash will hit 100 as well.
    Apart from these books (I’m sure I forgot some more) it could happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Snyder's Justice League will be going for 50 issues, and if it continues double shipping every month it will conclude in June 2020, and that's not including whatever Snyder's big event that will follow it will be.

Batman and Flash 100 will be out in August, with Batman getting an extra 5 issues afterwards.

Despite how much Doomsday Clock have been delayed, I don't think they're gonna wait until late 2020 to get the final 3 issues out, I do think they're gonna try to get them out by the end of this year.
    I expect Doomsday Clock #12 coming out in Nov. 2019.

The Justice/Doom War will end in Fall 2019, Event Leviathan too. I can see a line wide relaunch to follow these events. Series like Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Green Arrow restarting with #1, while the books that will not be renumbered will get at most a change of direction and eventually restarted after the new Crisis in late 2020.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-23-2019 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . . But do the delays usually happen on a certain day of the week? I know Diamond publishes a list of schedule changes every Tuesday. I'd expect DC knows about that and if they wanted to avoid any surprises wou;ld announce on a Wednesday to avoid a bigger surprise. As if these things were surprises to anyone any more.
    I think they had been on Thursdays at one point, and more recently Wednesday mornings seemed to be the common time. Discovering this one on a Monday (especially the day after Easter Sunday) was really unusual, but perhaps that'll be the new norm for all I know.

I think they had been on Thursdays at one point, and more recently Wednesday mornings seemed to be the common time. Discovering this one on a Monday (especially the day after Easter Sunday) was really unusual, but perhaps that'll be the new norm for all I know.
    Well I think the official weekly ANOUNCEMENT day for Doomsday Clock to be delayed an additional week is Wednesdays. If you want to set that up as a weekly recurring meeting on your calendar or something...

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Well I think the official weekly ANOUNCEMENT day for Doomsday Clock to be delayed an additional week is Wednesdays. If you want to set that up as a weekly recurring meeting on your calendar or something...
    I don't think DC thinks of it as an "official weekly ANNOUNCEMENT day" (or if they do, they probably don't want to admit it . . . )

I don't think DC thinks of it as an "official weekly ANNOUNCEMENT day" (or if they do, they probably don't want to admit it . . . )
    Or....do they?

This has become the "New Mutants" of comic book delays.

DC continues to mess with us on these dates!

When I checked Previewsworld this morning, the date for issue #10 was still May 29, 2019 (which they had on Monday).

As for issue #11, as of Tuesday evening, the date listed for that one was still May 29, 2019, but as of this morning, Previewsworld now has issue #11 as In Shops: Aug 14, 2019!

(At least they didn't just bump it out only one week this time, which was not a very realistic possibility!)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

DC continues to mess with us on these dates!

When I checked Previewsworld this morning, the date for issue #10 was still May 29, 2019 (which they had on Monday).

As for issue #11, as of Tuesday evening, the date listed for that one was still May 29, 2019, but as of this morning, Previewsworld now has issue #11 as In Shops: Aug 14, 2019!

(At least they didn't just bump it out only one week this time, which was not a very realistic possibility!)
    Well, good on them for pushing it out two months. But I still think that's pretty optimistic, given my own three month predictions.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, good on them for pushing it out two months. But I still think that's pretty optimistic, given my own three month predictions.
    More like two-and-a-half months.

May 29th > August 14th = 11 weeks later (July 2019 has five Wednesdays)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

More like two-and-a-half months.

May 29th > August 14th = 11 weeks later (July 2019 has five Wednesdays)
    I was anticipating the pushback to June
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord