Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Looking at it objectively, the frequent number of delays look embarrassing. I doubt a company would want its employees pointing fingers or going "not me". It's also possible the reason for the delays could be more embarrassing than the delays themselves.

Personally, I like the book, I think it's a great piece of work. The constant "another week" $#!+ annoys me, but I can't imagine DC not doing everything they can to make this book happen without another delay.

But I do feel justified to joke and mock.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And now it's really getting silly.

While the DC website listing for issue #10 still (at the moment) lists issue #10 as "On Sale 5/15", the Previewsworld listing for issue #10 now shows "In Shops: May 22, 2019" at the same time the Previewsworld listing for issue #11 is still currently "In Shops: May 22, 2019"!
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! With three issues left, why don't they just release the damn thing in graphic novel format? At this point that would probably be quicker.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And now it's really getting silly.

While the DC website listing for issue #10 still (at the moment) lists issue #10 as "On Sale 5/15", the Previewsworld listing for issue #10 now shows "In Shops: May 22, 2019" at the same time the Previewsworld listing for issue #11 is still currently "In Shops: May 22, 2019"!
    I need to correct you. It's not getting silly, it's BEEN silly.

As for issues 10 and 11 on Diamond, 11 has also been moved up to the 29th so you may be catching Diamond in the middle of their adjusting.

We should start a betting pool on when issue #10 comes out. The release date has been changed to May 22 on the DC Comics site.

My bet: First week of June. That would make Doomsday Clock "officially" a quarterly comic (#8, first week of December; #9, first week of March; etc.)

By the way, Doomsday Clock #11 has vanished from the DC site. It makes me wonder if they are planning to cancel and resolicit it...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    We should start a betting pool on when issue #10 comes out. The release date has been changed to May 22 on the DC Comics site.

My bet: First week of June. That would make Doomsday Clock "officially" a quarterly comic (#8, first week of December; #9, first week of March; etc.)

By the way, Doomsday Clock #11 has vanished from the DC site. It makes me wonder if they are planning to cancel and resolicit it...
    Hey, I already called June!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hey, I already called June!
    Calling a month for a pool like this is bad form. To be honestly fair, we should each get one week to pick.

Calling a month for a pool like this is bad form. To be honestly fair, we should each get one week to pick.
    Well, since I called June first, I should get first week pick!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, since I called June first, I should get first week pick!
    I'd be OK with that. But calling the whole month is less than cool. By the way, I calim third pick. Well, give me fourth pick as Major Hoy's work in this thread needs to be recognized. He should be third.

I need to correct you. It's not getting silly, it's BEEN silly.
    My "getting silly" was referring to the fact that both issue #10 and issue #11 were both listed to ship on the exact same day. (And yes, the constant one-week delays were BEYOND "silly".)

As for issues 10 and 11 on Diamond, 11 has also been moved up to the 29th so you may be catching Diamond in the middle of their adjusting.
    Found out about that issue #11 change when I was at the comic book shop this afternoon. But that merely one-week bump for issue #11 really makes no sense whatsoever at this point.

I'd be OK with that. But calling the whole month is less than cool. By the way, I calim third pick. Well, give me fourth pick as Major Hoy's work in this thread needs to be recognized. He should be third.
    I mean, I called it before the pool came up.

I was salty because if we were claiming weeks, I want the first one.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm sure the collected story will read great, but these delays have COMPLETELY destroyed any excitement I had with this book.
    Now, I need to pull out the previous couple of issues before I read the latest release because I'll be buggered if I can remember the story beats leading up to it.
    (That may well be my old age, but still...)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    . . . Now, I need to pull out the previous couple of issues before I read the latest release because I'll be buggered if I can remember the story beats leading up to it.
    (That may well be my old age, but still...)
    Or it could just be the writing, too.

(Do they bother to have any recap of relevant information from previous issues in the current issues?)

Or DC could do this... 😅

Dear DC fandom,

DC have decided to cancel Doomsday Clock as Geoff John's story does not align with our current management of our comic book universe. We've also decided to retcon Rebirth and will relaunch the New-52 with each cover celebrating the death of your favourite characters in the most gruesome ways with a special lenticular edition featuring Wally West.

Best
    Dan Didio

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Or DC could do this... ��

Dear DC fandom,

DC have decided to cancel Doomsday Clock as Geoff John's story does not align with our current management of our comic book universe. We've also decided to retcon Rebirth and will relaunch the New-52 with each cover celebrating the death of your favourite characters in the most gruesome ways with a special lenticular edition featuring Wally West.

Best
    Dan Didio

So much laughing right now.

I mean, I've already lived through Didio killing or erasing my favorite character twice, so I know he'll do it.

As of 2:40 AM Eastern US time, April 20th Doomsday Clocks 10 and 11 are now both scheduled for May 29th. Francisco Franco is still dead, right? At some point in time, we are going to run out of jokes. I mean, I could threaten not to buy it, but unless it comes out, not buying it is a pretty idle threat.

Maybe 420?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Or DC could do this... ��

Dear DC fandom,

Best
    Dan Didio

God, I hope Dan doesn't read these boards. This would be a REAL possibility!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.