Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At the moment, both those dates are still the same for the Previewsworld listings.

Maybe issue #10 will be published for the end of this month?
    Don't jinx it!!! It might be delayed again in the next five weeks

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Don't jinx it!!! It might be delayed again in the next five weeks
    It very well could.

But the whole point of this thread was
    . . . to post JUST the latest dates for when the next issue is due out . . .
    so a Wednesday update (and comment) seemed warranted.

Do we actually know anything about the delays at all ? Because the longer DC tell us nothing the more it appears their just mind bogglingly incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Do we actually know anything about the delays at all ?
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because the longer DC tell us nothing the more it appears their just mind bogglingly incompetent.
    Not exactly news to some of us . . .

The delays have to be tied to HiC in someway. Whether it reveals something for the next issue that they didn't want to have known yet or maybe they have been gaging fan reaction for rewrites or something like that.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The delays have to be tied to HiC in someway. Whether it reveals something for the next issue that they didn't want to have known yet or maybe they have been gaging fan reaction for rewrites or something like that.
    I think they must be tied to coordinate a lot of stuff coming up across the line as a result of editorial mandate and/or writers' summit. I think it's much more than just HiC though it probably has something to do with HiC.

Other things to consider are whatever Snyder and Bendis have planned which probably wasn't all in the works when Doomsday Clock started.

Bendis wasn't even at DC then and now he's playing with all the tools in the toybox, particularly Jor-El AKA Dr. Oz. And Snyder recently said his years-long, universe-wide storyline wasn't going to happen if Metal flopped which he thought it would.

The fact that Bendis comes on, Snyder goes forward with said DCU-wide arc, and they have a summit with Tom King and Dan DiDio right around the same time to coordinate plans and come out of it with multiple events isn't coincidental to this, I don't think.

Maybe a lesser thing but there are also possible implications in the changes to Tom King's latest Batman arc. Originally solicited one way that was very Flashpoint Batman heavy then switched around apparently to accommodate Year of the Villain but probably also due to D-Clock implications wrt whatever involvement Dr. Manhattan had here. (Not King's usual misleading solicits--he said on twitter he changed his mind about the order of events and I expect this is all of a piece with that summit.)

I think the Batman/Flashpoint Batman stuff AND the Bendis Superman stuff is possibly significant to D-Clock because so many of the reveals so far having to do with D-Clock ("The Button," "Mr. Oz" at least) have to do with Thomas Wayne and Jor-El. I also don't think it's insignificant that we're seeing Superman's father and Batman's father majorly involved in continuity at the same time--the theme here is long-dead/resurrected fathers IMO. Involving these two characters is akin to resurrecting Uncle Ben IMO. IOW a big deal. I expect that the ultimate reveals involving Thomas Wayne and Jor-El will have to sync up with D-Clock/Dr. Manhattan reveal.

This is why I keep saying I don't think this is on Johns or on Frank.

Doomsday Clock was clearly meant to have DCU-wide ramifications and I think we can still count on that happening. It makes sense to me that the summit to coordinate plans was contemporaneous to the latest/longest delays. It seems likely to me that Johns/Frank had to adjust their story according to what came out of the summit (at least).

After all DC can't have Doomsday Clock, HiC, Year of the Villain, and "Event" Leviathan, King's Batman, and Bendis' Superman all impacting the DCU in major ways without coordinating when those things would happen.

Taking into account that a lot of those plans began/changed after Doomsday Clock began the delays start to make a lot of sense, to me at least.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 05-02-2019 at 04:11 PM.

p.s. Apologies to @MajorHoy if the above post isn't appropriate to the thread whose intent is just to discuss the changing release dates. I thought it belonged here because so many are speculating about the reasons for the delays but if it's unwelcome I'll take it down and maybe post it somewhere else.

BANNED

Well here’s a surprising turn of events...https://www.newsarama.com/45103-hero...ck-reveal.html

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well here’s a surprising turn of events...https://www.newsarama.com/45103-hero...ck-reveal.html
    I wonder if it's connected at all? And if this firms us DC #10 to actually surprise me and come out before June?

I talked to Clay Mann at a con two weeks ago, and he said he was completely done with the art, so...that seems odd.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not that surprising to me. See my post above. I think it's pretty clear DC's been coordinating all of these events.

I knew it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Of course, is DC dicking around with Doomsday Cluck so much now that it's basically subservient to Heroes in Crisis and the upcoming Year of the Forever Underworld Unleashed Evil Villain event?

Of course, is DC dicking around with Doomsday Cluck so much now that it's basically subservient to Heroes in Crisis and the upcoming Year of the Forever Underworld Unleashed Evil Villain event?
    I feel that HiC is going to be twisted somehow last second to tie into Manhattan so the blame can be shifted from the writers to the good Dr. (Like how it wasn't Barry who cause Flashpoint but he totally did.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Not that surprising to me. See my post above. I think it's pretty clear DC's been coordinating all of these events.
    I'm pretty torn on what to think here. On the one hand, we have what DC did for the Lightning Saga/Fastest Man Alive/Countdown to FC where they put all three books out simultaneously to kill Bart, bring back Wally, and throw a funeral. On the other hand, the nature of Doomsday Clock is that it's not really synched up with the goings on in the DC Universe - what would be happening that would necessitate releasing both books at once? For example, if HiC ends with some new status quo (Wally has a new identity, Jai and Irey are brought back, etc.), and that status quo is referenced in Doomsday Clock, there would have been no reason to push HiC back.

I'm leaning towards thinking it's just coincidental release dates, but it's like 52/48 and I'll be easily swayed to thinking it's all connected if something firm pops up (or BC starts hinting about it)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

I always assumed that Doomsday Clock would end in a semi- reboot of the DC universe. My guess is that Doomsday Clock's purpose has shifted from bringing back the JSA and LOSH to cleaning up/justifying the mess caused by Heroes In Crisis.