Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I always assumed that Doomsday Clock would end in a semi- reboot of the DC universe. My guess is that Doomsday Clock's purpose has shifted from bringing back the JSA and LOSH to cleaning up/justifying the mess caused by Heroes In Crisis.
    Which has me worried, will the JSA/LOSH/other heroes be sidelined even more to focus on HiC?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Which has me worried, will the JSA/LOSH/other heroes be sidelined even more to focus on HiC?
    Doomsday Cluck, believe it or not, still has three issues to go (including issue #10 which is suppose to FINALLY be released at the end of this month). I don't know if they'd use all three issues to focus just on the aftermath of HiC, though I can also see Doomsday Cluck only setting up any possible returns of the JSA and/or the LoSH in a separate "Special" or mini-series.

And we do currently have to wait until August 14th (according to Previewsworld) for issue #11 to come out. (I don't know if any tentative dates have been mentioned anywhere for issue #12's release date.)

Astonishing Member

The problem with Doomsday Clock is that the story's purpose constantly seemed to change. First it was marketed as a way for the JSA and LoSH to return + a crossover with Watchmen(which I think was unnecessary).Then the focus seemed to change towards Superman vs Dr.Manhattan and returning the JSA and LoSH received less focus. After that the story became everyone vs Dr. Manhattan with the implications of a partial reboot(that's the only way I can see Dr.Manhattan's time manipulation being undone).Now fixing Heroes In Crisis has been added to all of this.

The JSA and LoSH getting sidelined might be a good thing because I have concerns about them being killed off for shock value.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The problem with Doomsday Clock is that the story's purpose constantly seemed to change. First it was marketed as a way for the JSA and LoSH to return + a crossover with Watchmen(which I think was unnecessary).Then the focus seemed to change towards Superman vs Dr.Manhattan and returning the JSA and LoSH received less focus. After that the story became everyone vs Dr. Manhattan with the implications of a partial reboot(that's the only way I can see Dr.Manhattan's time manipulation being undone).Now fixing Heroes In Crisis has been added to all of this.

The JSA and LoSH getting sidelined might be a good thing because I have concerns about them being killed off for shock value.
    No kidding.
    As much as I have wanted to have Jay Garrick back... considering what they did to Wally? Yeah, I can wait until a regime change.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    No kidding.
    As much as I have wanted to have Jay Garrick back... considering what they did to Wally? Yeah, I can wait until a regime change.
    I can't wait to see what horrible atrocity Jay will commit.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Those are fair and understandable concerns. The whole Wally coming back/Manhattan stealing years, and whatever was alluded to in The Button all pointed to DClock as either a conclusion to Rebirth or at least answering many continuity questions. A spoilerish ending to HiC may very well have forced DClock to postpone a few issues to cover that ending. But why the week here, week there cluster#^@#? And why is issue eleven taking two and a half months at least after a three month issue ten?

What's happening to Wally in HiC after being kept out of continuity for years is a waste of the character. The current DC management is like a teenager who's just wrapped the Wally West car around a tree and now is telling you they want to drive the Legion and JSA cars. I want to see these teams back as much as anyone, but the convoluted way this return is happening is scaring me.

It's very possible HiC 9 will end the series on a much better note. There may be something in it that necessitated the delay and probable changing of much of issues 9 on of DClock. I'm pretty sure we're never going to get an unbiased account of WTF happened here. There may be stories and each story will have fans examining it for accuracy. But unless both DClock (could happen) and HiC (very unlikely) come out sparkling and acclaimed by critics and fans, DC, like any other company, is going to keep tight-lipped about their "challenges".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    No kidding.
    This! God if Tom King gets his hands on Jay to explore the trauma of being trapped in the speed force, he’d probably make him into a wife beater or something.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This! God if Tom King gets his hands on Jay to explore the trauma of being trapped in the speed force, he’d probably make him into a wife beater or something.
    And then go back in time to take himself out as a child!

... sorry couldn't resist guys!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    And then go back in time to take himself out as a child!

... sorry couldn't resist guys!
    (mutters: or -after getting hyped by a decent writer...finally- get trapped in an inescapable dimension where he is quickly and humiliatingly driven mad then consumed by a monster. Yes, I'm looking at you MARVEL and what you did to Dr. Henry Hank Pym. I swear the only thing that makes me angrier than what happened to my favorite Marvel character is what DC Ed did to Wally West. Cascading ridge metal fastener, you, comic book empires. Cascading ridge metal fastemer, you. )
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I can't wait to see what horrible atrocity Jay will commit.
    Cannibalism.
    To keep his connection to the Speed Force he needs to consume the flesh of other speedsters.
    First Impulse, then murderer Wally. Then Wally's kids return to the DCU for Jay to consequently snack upon.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Cannibalism.
    To keep his connection to the Speed Force he needs to consume the flesh of other speedsters.
    First Impulse, then murderer Wally. Then Wally's kids return to the DCU for Jay to consequently snack upon.
    This made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of Everyman.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Cannibalism.
    When DC hires you, please remember your old friends on CBR.

After looking at all the Year Of The Villains stuff released in the solicits, this is my prediction of whats gonna happen with Doomsday Clock.

I think the final issue is going to come out in December. Because City Of Bane, Event Leviathan, and Year Of The Villain will all be concluded by then, and those endings will directly lead into the point in time at the start of Doomsday Clock, with the world close to shambles and all the heroes hated, so then whatever new status quo changes DClock brings about will jump start the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    . . . I think the final issue is going to come out in December . . .
    But right now issue #10 is still due out at the end of this month, and issue #11 is currently scheduled for release Aug 14, 2019 (about two-and-a-half months later). If that still holds true, you think DC would be willing to make issue #12 ship an additional four months later?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But right now issue #10 is still due out at the end of this month, and issue #11 is currently scheduled for release Aug 14, 2019 (about two-and-a-half months later). If that still holds true, you think DC would be willing to make issue #12 ship an additional four months later?!?
    At the earliest I would expect November, since that's when Year Of The Villain/Doom story concludes and that will be 3 months after #11, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to give it a break for another month for December, just so that there's not two mega-bomb drop conclusions in the same month.

Which if that ends up being the case, I won't mind because then it would mean they finally got their continuity figured out, but still would've preferred if they were actually acknowledging their adjusting plans, rather than pretending nothings happening.