Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, for anybody who still cares, Previewsworld still has issue #11 coming out a week from tomorrow.

(Still haven't seen anything on when issue #12 is likely to be out yet.)
    Well, if my predictions are right, it should be solicited for December.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, if my predictions are right, it should be solicited for December.
    I'd probably change that to:
    Well, if my predictions are right, it could be solicited for December.
    Who knows what DC is thinking / doing these days?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, for anybody who still cares, Previewsworld still has issue #11 coming out a week from tomorrow.

(Still haven't seen anything on when issue #12 is likely to be out yet.)
    Frank posted a picture of the printed issue on his twitter account, so looks like 9/4 is the date for Issue 11.
    https://twitter.com/1moreGaryFrank/s...55282199990276

Spectacular Member

Was it ever likely to be pushed back one week from release?

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    Was it ever likely to be pushed back one week from release?
    Well, issue #11 went from "May 22" to "May 29" to "August 14" to "August 28" to "September 4", with no new changes to the date in the past +/-month-and-a-half (so far).

Yah I am guessing the Legion is going to show up next issue and the delays had to do with the timing on the Legion's re-introduction in Superman. Now that **** happened, I imagine and hope the next two issues of DC will be coming out expediently. Hah!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I am guessing the Legion is going to show up next issue and the delays had to do with the timing on the Legion's re-introduction in Superman. Now that **** happened, I imagine and hope the next two issues of DC will be coming out expediently. Hah!
    Believe it or not, there's supposedly only one issue to go after #11 is (theoretically) released next Wednesday . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I don't think any appearance by the Legion (or a Legion) in DOOMSDAY CLOCK is going to have anything to do with Bendis's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I don't think any appearance by the Legion (or a Legion) in DOOMSDAY CLOCK is going to have anything to do with Bendis's plans.
    Even more so considering the Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock is older than the one shown in Bendis' Legion so far. Or it could be an older version of Bendis' version. It's time travel. Who knows?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Even more so considering the Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock is older than the one shown in Bendis' Legion so far. Or it could be an older version of Bendis' version. It's time travel. Who knows?
    There has been massive speculation on how other series have affected the story content of DClock and that editorial rewriting has been responsible for a great deal of DClock's delays.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There has been massive speculation on how other series have affected the story content of DClock and that editorial rewriting has been responsible for a great deal of DClock's delays.
    While there has been speculation that way, I'm not sure I'm buying it. The last 3 solicited issues of Shazam are now delayed indefinitely. Not even a future solicit date. I'm more likely to believe the issue is that Geoff Johns is overextended at the moment.

https://www.newsarama.com/45377-shaz...eeks-each.html
    Last edited by astro@work; 08-29-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    While there has been speculation that way, I'm not sure I'm buying it. The last 3 solicited issues of Shazam are now delayed indefinitely. Not even a future solicit date. I'm more likely to believe the issue is that Geoff Johns is overextended at the moment.

https://www.newsarama.com/45377-shaz...eeks-each.html
    Exactly. There's simply no evidence to back up all the conspiracy theories I keep seeing online about DC Editorial mucking around with Doomsday Clock. The far more reasonable explanation is based upon the fact that Geoff Johns is an extraordinarily busy guy with a massive workload that includes producing & writing numerous movies, and TV shows, in addition to his full time job as showrunner of the in-production Stargirl show, which is inspired by his late sister. If you take into account all the hours of the day that his Hollywood stuff takes up, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for trying to craft a worthy follow-up to the most revered graphic novel of all time.

I know people love to blame Didio and DC Editorial for everything they don't like, and sometimes that scorn is well-deserved, but there is simply no evidence of them meddling with what Johns is doing, aside from the perfectly reasonable compromise that would allow Snyder and Bendis to use the JSA & LSH by August of 2019, irregardless of whether Doomsday Clock had finished.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Exactly. There's simply no evidence to back up all the conspiracy theories I keep seeing online about DC Editorial mucking around with Doomsday Clock. The far more reasonable explanation is based upon the fact that Geoff Johns is an extraordinarily busy guy with a massive workload that includes producing & writing numerous movies, and TV shows, in addition to his full time job as showrunner of the in-production Stargirl show, which is inspired by his late sister. If you take into account all the hours of the day that his Hollywood stuff takes up, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for trying to craft a worthy follow-up to the most revered graphic novel of all time.

I know people love to blame Didio and DC Editorial for everything they don't like, and sometimes that scorn is well-deserved, but there is simply no evidence of them meddling with what Johns is doing, aside from the perfectly reasonable compromise that would allow Snyder and Bendis to use the JSA & LSH by August of 2019, irregardless of whether Doomsday Clock had finished.
    I think in a case like Doomsday Clock BOTH SIDES ARE TO BLAME FOR THE CONSTANT DELAYS. That way NO ONE is entirely blameless on this.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think in a case like Doomsday Clock BOTH SIDES ARE TO BLAME FOR THE CONSTANT DELAYS. That way NO ONE is entirely blameless on this.
    Okay. What evidence do you have to support the idea that DC Editorial is delaying Doomsday Clock? The only whiff I've heard of anyone other than Johns & Frank having complete control over this was when they had to delay one issue to get approval from the Russian government for their depiction of Putin, who promptly leaked the issue to Russian pirate sites.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

It's surprising that he took on Shazam in the first place given he had so much on his plate.