Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Previewsworld and the DC website now list issue #10 as
    "In Shops: Apr 24, 2019"

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm really curious to know if DC has the ability to push the date out a long ways, and then bring it back if it gets done sooner. Probably not, which is why they're just doing it week by week, but it's kinda silly.

Really makes me appreciate Jason Fabok and Johns working to get most of Three Jokers done before soliciting.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really makes me appreciate Jason Fabok and Johns working to get most of Three Jokers done before soliciting.
    I typically agree with all your posts, millernumber1. Here I'll agree with you literally in that it's nice that I don't have to keep updating my calendar re: Three Jokers as I do Doomsday Clock. But, wow, have we been waiting a long time for the story itself

I don't love the constant delays to each issue of Doomsday Clock but it pales in comparison to how long we've been waiting for followup to the revelation of "three Jokers" (DCU Rebirth Special - 5/26/16). That's over three years to resolve a cliffhanger whose resolution seemed imminent at the time. Nice that they're not jerking us around with dates that change by the week but, jeez, when are we going to get any answers on a story beat that began in Darkseid War? 4 years later? 5?

Though I'm loving so much from DC lately, DCU-wide plans and promises have been a hot mess since the rash/under-planned New 52 initiative in 2011. It hasn't helped matters much that Johns holds the keys to so many of the broader arcs and his involvement in the morass of the DCEU has contributed to a similar one in the comics.

Not complaining about Doomsday Clock because it's been amazing so far and my only issue is having to wait for each next, great issue. And not ever complaining about Geoff Johns, whose work I love so much I wish he'd return full-time to DC Comics and let the film division keep making films from his best stories (a la Aquaman and Shazam).

While I'm here, in a thread whose purpose is to give vent to frustrations about delayed books, a good and proper place to do so as is virtually any place on the internet with one exception...

Would be awesome if complaints and other posts re: D-Clock from posters that aren't reading D-Clock could be posted in any/every thread other than the "Readers of Doomsday Clock" thread. Won't name the offender but will say they've been asked nicely more than once to cut it out. I say this kindly and with respect to the poster, whose posts about books they have read or are reading I enjoy immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I typically agree with all your posts, millernumber1. Here I'll agree with you literally in that it's nice that I don't have to keep updating my calendar re: Three Jokers as I do Doomsday Clock. But, wow, have we been waiting a long time for the story itself

I don't love the constant delays to each issue of Doomsday Clock but it pales in comparison to how long we've been waiting for followup to the revelation of "three Jokers" (DCU Rebirth Special - 5/26/16). That's over three years to resolve a cliffhanger whose resolution seemed imminent at the time. Nice that they're not jerking us around with dates that change by the week but, jeez, when are we going to get any answers on a story beat that began in Darkseid War? 4 years later? 5?

Though I'm loving so much from DC lately, DCU-wide plans and promises have been a hot mess since the rash/under-planned New 52 initiative in 2011. It hasn't helped matters much that Johns holds the keys to so many of the broader arcs and his involvement in the morass of the DCEU has contributed to a similar one in the comics.

Not complaining about Doomsday Clock because it's been amazing so far and my only issue is having to wait for each next, great issue. And not ever complaining about Geoff Johns, whose work I love so much I wish he'd return full-time to DC Comics and let the film division keep making films from his best stories (a la Aquaman and Shazam).
    We have been waiting a long time for the story - but I appreciate that 1) Fabok clearly is working on it steadily, and keeps us updated on that, but also 2) he is committed to making sure that once it starts releasing, it actually gets to us on time.

I agree about the way DC handed Johns so many major universe elements and then not working with him to get those threads resolved in a timely fashion. Given the fact that Doomsday Clock's sales don't seem to be dropping too much, I can see why they don't have an incentive to push him harder, but...it just doesn't seem to lead to greater investment by readers to have 3 month gaps.

(I've not read much of Johns' n52 stuff, but the Walmart Giants have given me a chance to do so! I'm not really liking his Justice League that much, but his Aquaman has been pretty fun!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

. . . While I'm here, in a thread whose purpose is to give vent to frustrations about delayed books, . . .
    Actually, as was stated in the initial post of THIS thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Since we had this in that other thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Oh, yeah. Let's go over this one more time because I guess I wasn't clear enough the first four times I've mentioned this:

If anyone wants to post simply to point out that an issue of Doomsday Clock has been delayed again or that the JSA/LSH aren't back yet without contributing anything more, please do that elsewhere. I believe you have your own thread for that now.

I am trying to be pleasant and respectful about this. Please try to respect the intent of this thread. Thank you.
    Here's a thread to post JUST the latest dates for when the next issue is due out.

The thread for general kvetching about Doomsday Cluck is:
    And as per that thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Bored at Doomsday Clock Thread
    And here it is at the suggestion of 'Bored at 3:00am'

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm really curious to know if DC has the ability to push the date out a long ways, and then bring it back if it gets done sooner. Probably not, which is why they're just doing it week by week, but it's kinda silly.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the week here, week there delays. This is more frustrating than a single long delay. It's obvious no one likes them and the constant delays hurt DC's reputation and credibility. What gets me is I can't come up with a reason besides the creative team going "not done yet". And these people doing the work certainly have a clue as to their estimated times on this, especially at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . . What gets me is I can't come up with a reason besides the creative team going "not done yet". . .
    We don't know if work hasn't been done or, since it's taken so long to publish this, are they maybe having to revise already completed work to take into account things that have taken place in other books that weren't previously anticipated?

We don't know if work hasn't been done or, since it's taken so long to publish this, are they maybe having to revise already completed work to take into account things that have taken place in other books that weren't previously anticipated?
    The Black Box of Doomsday Clock's creative team is probably also a problem - neither Frank nor Johns have really done much talking about the schedulling issues after the first time DC started messing with the schedule.

And as per that thread,
    And yet the poster in question continues to disregard the very first sentence in the very first post--"I know this may be an impossible request, but I'd like a thread just for the people who are actually reading Doomsday clock, rather than the people who hate the idea of it, but will read summaries of it so they can post about how awful it is."

And too, continues to bemoan the fact that JSA doesn't have its own series yet, according to the timeline rumored by Bleeding Cool (a request from the OP in bold in the post to which I'm replying).

Which is particularly odd for a poster, still unnamed out of respect, that continually corrects others' errors of the tiniest minutiae.

It's a matter of respect that posters don't violate OP requests in threads that were explicitly created for a group of people to which they don't belong. Especially when they've been nicely asked not to do that more than a few times.

I hope you know I love you, unnamed poster.

And as per that thread,
    Oh, snap! Are you saying I'm violating THIS thread? If so, you have my kind apologies.

It was hypocritical of me not to read the first post in the thread before replying even though most threads don't have such restrictions and, when they do, they're typically in the title of the thread, as in "Readers of Doomsday Clock" whose OP goes on to thoughtfully state:

I know this may be an impossible request, but I'd like a thread just for the people who are actually reading Doomsday clock, rather than the people who hate the idea of it, but will read summaries of it so they can post about how awful it is.

This does not mean we can't critique or have issues with the story as it goes forwards, but I would like this particular debate of Doomsday Clock's merits be among people who are actually paying money for and have read each issue before going online to have a reasonable discussion about it.

This isn't really a big problem yet, but I strongly suspect it will become one more and more of an issue as new issues come out and the discussion will inevitably start to get bogged down by angry fans who read about what happened in Doomsday Clock, rather than the actual comic.
    But as long as the poster in question will stop violating the rules of the Readers of Doomsday Clock thread, you have my assurances I won't commit the same offense again. Especially after having it pointed out to me. I wasn't trying to be a hypocrite but I was one. Sorry, truly.

With the warmest of fuzzies...
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 03-20-2019 at 05:13 PM.

And yet the poster in question continues to disregard the very first sentence in the very first post--"I know this may be an impossible request, but I'd like a thread just for the people who are actually reading Doomsday clock, rather than the people who hate the idea of it, but will read summaries of it so they can post about how awful it is."

And too, continues to bemoan the fact that JSA doesn't have its own series yet, according to the timeline rumored by Bleeding Cool (a request from the OP in bold in the post to which I'm replying).

Which is particularly odd for a poster, still unnamed out of respect, that continually corrects others' errors of the tiniest minutiae.

It's a matter of respect that posters don't violate OP requests in threads that were explicitly created for a group of people to which they don't belong. Especially when they've been nicely asked not to do that more than a few times.

I hope you know I love you, unnamed poster.
    So, you are not here to discuss the date for when the next issue is due out?

Since we had this in that other thread,Here's a thread to post JUST the latest dates for when the next issue is due out.
    A reminder to all posters in this thread that may not have read the OP...

Dates only, no comments. :P

So, you are not here to discuss the date for when the next issue is due out?
    You have my apologies above. No further comments here since this thread is only for release dates, not commentary or discussion. My bad.

A reminder to all posters in this thread that may not have read the OP...

Dates only, no comments. :P
    Well, comments are accepted here, but they should be geared toward the release dates.

The main purpose of creating this thread was because of Bored at 3:00AM's request to not post the latest date delays in that other thread.

Well, comments are accepted here, but they should be geared toward the release dates.

The main purpose of creating this thread was because of Bored at 3:00AM's request to not post the latest date delays in that other thread.
    Violating the intent of this thread one last time to ask if the poster I mentioned has any comment on Bored at 3:00AM's repeated requests that only readers of the book post in his thread. Not doing in that thread because I already did and the poster disregarded it. And Bored had done it multiple times and the poster disregarded it multiple times. My apologies for violating the intent of this thread. Won't happen again.