Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

The delay to 10 isn't too surprising considering what happened with issue 9. My guess is that it'll be released first week of May.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    The delay to 10 isn't too surprising considering what happened with issue 9. My guess is that it'll be released first week of May.
    Well, as I said before, I think three months is our new standard.

So I'm expecting:

10: June
    11: September
    12: December

MAYBE there'll be a miracle and they'll get it done just as the two year mark hits in November.

But I'm not optimistic.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Previewsworld and the DC website now list issue #10 as
    "In Shops: Apr 24, 2019"
    The DC website still has the date as "April 24", but Previewsworld now has it listed as
    In Shops: May 01, 2019

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

The DC website still has the date as "April 24", but Previewsworld now has it listed as
    We're at two months now.

I'm still expecting it to be released at EARLIEST in June.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Good lord.

I'm not really that annoyed that issue 10 moved out...everybody saw that coming a mile away when #9 kept sliding.
    What will be annoying is if it keeps sliding out 1 week at a time. Can DC really not figure this out? Or are they just not being forthcoming about when it's really coming out?

May Day's a big commie holiday. I'm gonna throw Putin back under the bus.

In Shops: May 01, 2019
    Now the newest date for issue #10 is
    In Shops: May 08, 2019

Drip . . . drip . . . drip . . .

You would think having a big book like Doomsday Clock come out on Free Comic Book Day weekend would be the perfect thing for them, but guess not. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You would think having a big book like Doomsday Clock come out on Free Comic Book Day weekend would be the perfect thing for them, but guess not. *shrugs*
    The problem is that nobody has really said what's causing these week-by-week delays.
    We don't know if the art has not been finished, or if Geoff Johns decided to change the script, or if its editorial-driven for whatever reason (like coming back AFTER work had been completed and making last-minute requests/orders for changes).

It is frustrating, though. You'd think DC would at least bump out the dates more than just one week at a time at some point, because the weekly delays are probably becoming an even bigger joke at this point. (And I'm not even buying/reading the damn thing! I'm just keeping an eye on things to find out if/when the JSA FINALLY returns to continuity, and not just hinted at in a panel or three!)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 04-03-2019 at 08:11 AM.

I am thinking that they slip here and there to allow other titles to catch up and finish their stories before the Clock strikes midnight.

Or they are still finalizing what Midnight will really mean...

Last issue I read was #4, I’m still buying it and will read them all, from 1 to 11... I think it’s better than reading each issue and then getting pissed off when each issue is delayed.... and hopefully the gap between 11 and 12 won’t be too long, so I’ll only have the frustration of waiting for the final issue.

Apart from if the original JSA and LSH will return, my main curiosity at the moment is if at the end of issue 12, will that be the end of the story, or is it the prelude to something else.

The problem is that nobody has really said what's causing these week-by-week delays.
    We don't know if the art has not been finished, or if Geoff Johns decided to change the script, or if its editorial-driven for whatever reason (like coming back AFTER work had been completed and making last-minute requests/orders for changes).

It is frustrating, though. You'd think DC would at least bump out the dates more than just one week at a time at some point, because the weekly delays are probably becoming an even bigger joke at this point. (And I'm not even buying/reading the damn thing! I'm just keeping an eye on things to find out if/when the JSA FINALLY returns to continuity, and not just hinted at in a panel or three!)
    Gary Frank has already come out several times saying that the delays are not his fault or an art issue. So it's probably a mix between Johns and editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am thinking that they slip here and there to allow other titles to catch up and finish their stories before the Clock strikes midnight.

Or they are still finalizing what Midnight will really mean...
    I think you're exactly right. They don't know exactly when or how all the rest of their books will catch up to Doomsday Clock so they're playing it all by ear and letting the book come out on their own time, so whatever happens in the end will effect everything when they're ready.

(Though they probably should've figured out all these important details before releasing or soliciting the issues but oh well)

Spectacular Member

I've noticed Frank haven't been apologising for the delays this time around unlike for issue 9.