Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Guess they're continuing all that hard work.Doomsday Clock #10 is now listed for In Shops: May 15, 2019

(Meanwhile, issue #11 is still listed as "In Shops: May 22, 2019" on Previewsworld.)
    They should have just pushed #10 out 2 months the second #9 got pushed out.

And seriously DC, you're like a rudderless ship at this point. Your tentpole book continues to meander around with no clear publication dates.
    It would be a lot less frustrating if you didn't have two big franchises riding on it (JSA and Legion). If this was an Ambush Bug mini, no big deal. But, ummm….

All-New Member

Anyone else think that this is beyond strange from a business practice point of view? Not only the odd weekly delays by a week, but the fact that there has been no official statement or acknowledgment of the reason for the delays is baffling.

Ultimately, I find this to be disrespectful to their very dedicated customers. Take for example Nintendo, a company shrouded in Mystery and long development cycles and delays. With the much anticipated Metroid Prime 4, when the game was not coming along up to their standards they sadly delayed the game indefinitely, but also were up front with their customers and issued a very honest apology video and promises to release a game up to the very high standards we as customers and fans expect.
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-video-apology

I get that the profits of DC are in IP, media, merchandise and trade paperbacks over weeklies but this leads to a building disdain and incentive to cease paying.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Normally, I'd think that would have been hysterical, but Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series actually had issue #16 released BEFORE issue #15 finally was published (back in 2014)!
    KISS (the glam metal band) actually released an album and four solo albums by each of its members on the same day once. Maybe DC can do the final issues of DOOMSDAY CLOCK the same way.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    KISS (the glam metal band) actually released an album and four solo albums by each of its members on the same day once. Maybe DC can do the final issues of DOOMSDAY CLOCK the same way.
    But, wouldn't it have made more sense to combine them into just one special issue if they were thinking to do something of that nature?

As of late today Amazon list the hardcover collection of DClock with a date of November 26, 2019. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As of late today Amazon list the hardcover collection of DClock with a date of November 26, 2019. Make of that what you will.
    The Watchmen TV series is also planning to start sometime late 2019, so I would imagine they would want to try to get the trade out around the time its airing for some kind of brand synergy.

Maybe we should have a doomsday clock for Doomsday Clock. Midnight on the clock would be the next issue.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by movieclub View Post
    Anyone else think that this is beyond strange from a business practice point of view? Not only the odd weekly delays by a week, but the fact that there has been no official statement or acknowledgment of the reason for the delays is baffling.
    SNIP
    Is there any reason to think the delay is anything other than Gary Frank being a slow/meticulous artist? It's probably bad form to write a press release saying "We're sorry we picked an artist that couldn't keep up with our deadlines"
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

It's now amazing when you look back at 'Justice' which was being penciled by one artist and painted over by another artist - but never had delays like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Is there any reason to think the delay is anything other than Gary Frank being a slow/meticulous artist? It's probably bad form to write a press release saying "We're sorry we picked an artist that couldn't keep up with our deadlines"
    I believe for at least one issue he said the artwork had been completed a while ago but the release was still being delayed for some unspecified reason.

And even if an artist is notoriously "slow/meticulous", there's always the issues of if/what delays were involved in giving the artist the specifics on what exactly needs to be drawn for the story, and then what changes may be requested (and WHEN) in what was drawn and has to be re-drawn for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Yes, there IS a reason to think that.

Gary Frank was posting frames from issue#10 over 2 months ago, before the much-delayed issue #9 came out.

He also went on record (I believe) that the delays weren't caused by him.

It's either story changes coming in after the art is completed, or editorial interference based on the outcome of the story (or both).

Who says we don't have a handle on pop culture?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The Watchmen TV series is also planning to start sometime late 2019, so I would imagine they would want to try to get the trade out around the time its airing for some kind of brand synergy.
    I think Watchmen is planned for either September or October. I imagine if DC are lucky, they'll have the final issue of Doomsday Clock to coincide with it.

Johns and Frank being quiet is unusual compared to what happened with #9 where Frank was apologetic so I wonder if either have to told not to say anything for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    I think Watchmen is planned for either September or October. I imagine if DC are lucky, they'll have the final issue of Doomsday Clock to coincide with it.

Johns and Frank being quiet is unusual compared to what happened with #9 where Frank was apologetic so I wonder if either have to told not to say anything for the time being.
    Looking at it objectively, the frequent number of delays look embarrassing. I doubt a company would want its employees pointing fingers or going "not me". It's also possible the reason for the delays could be more embarrassing than the delays themselves.

Personally, I like the book, I think it's a great piece of work. The constant "another week" $#!+ annoys me, but I can't imagine DC not doing everything they can to make this book happen without another delay.

But I do feel justified to joke and mock.

Doomsday Clock #10 is now listed for In Shops: May 15, 2019

(Meanwhile, issue #11 is still listed as "In Shops: May 22, 2019" on Previewsworld.)
    And now it's really getting silly.

While the DC website listing for issue #10 still (at the moment) lists issue #10 as "On Sale 5/15", the Previewsworld listing for issue #10 now shows "In Shops: May 22, 2019" at the same time the Previewsworld listing for issue #11 is still currently "In Shops: May 22, 2019"!