Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    How have they interfered?

Trust me man, I love to blame Didio for stuff. But this was entirely on Johns and Frank to get done. They had control of this thing, to the point where they could basically ignore anything else going on just for their story. That's rare control that usually means editorial isn't influencing it much.
    It seems pretty likely to me that DC has changed its mind about how they want the series to intersect with the rest of their ever-changing plans for the rest of the line/continuity and that Johns/Frank have had to change their plans as editorial changes theirs. As posted already Frank has said he's not responsible for the delays. Johns isn't known for being slow but even if his film/TV responsibilities were getting in the way he wouldn't be this slow. There have been a lot of stories about summits between editorial, Johns, Snyder, King, and Bendis* to coordinate plans. Bendis didn't even come on until Doomsday Clock was well underway so these summits seem to me to be the only logical answer.

I expect we'll find out one day and I expect this will be the answer. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It seems pretty likely to me that DC has changed its mind about how they want the series to intersect with the rest of their ever-changing plans for the rest of the line/continuity and that Johns/Frank have had to change their plans as editorial changes theirs. As posted already Frank has said he's not responsible for the delays. Johns isn't known for being slow but even if his film/TV responsibilities were getting in the way he wouldn't be this slow. There have been a lot of stories about summits between editorial, Johns, Snyder, King, and Bendis* to coordinate plans. Bendis didn't even come on until Doomsday Clock was well underway so these summits seem to me to be the only logical answer.

I expect we'll find out one day and I expect this will be the answer. I could be wrong.
    The constant week here, week there delays also back editorial interference and not creator slowness. DC, Johns, and Frank all know this business and can certainly estimate how long something will take. DC's also pushed books back multiple weeks at a time so if it was Frank needing time to do six more pages (san example only), the length of time needed for that could certainly better be estimated by professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I had neglected to mention the supposed date at which the LSH and JSA could be reintroduced, supposedly independent of the DClock status. Is this an actual fact, or is this only a conjecture? There have been Dr. Fate and Hawkman stories around so there would be other threads to either untangle or bring together (based on your opinion of the situation).
    I think Bleeding Cool were the ones to announce it, however much you take their reports at face-value.

Honestly I feel like the likeliest answer for the delays and changes is to accommodate King, Bendis, and Snyder. They're all doing these big grand stories, and Doomsday Clock's inherent purpose is to incite a big change, so instead of having DClock come out and forcing those 3 plus any other writers to abandon their plans and adjust to the new status quo, they're waiting for the right time when those stories are either finished, or mostly finished, before getting DClock out.

You got Bendis doing his Levithian stuff in Superman, King doing his huge Batman arc + HiC, and Snyder setting up his "New Crisis event", so all of this plus DC being not exactly sure of when the timing is right has resulted in their plans changing drastically.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I bet they keep delaying the series to have the last issue coming out the same month of the end of the Justice/Doom War and relaunch all DC books after.

Amazing Member

DC have really managed to slam dunk this story into the toilet. Would many people even care if it got canceled at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I bet they keep delaying the series to have the last issue coming out the same month of the end of the Justice/Doom War and relaunch all DC books after.
    If that was the original reason, they wouldn't just keep doing the weekly date bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    DC have really managed to slam dunk this story into the toilet. Would many people even care if it got canceled at this point?
    If that meant any resolutions regarding the JSA were thrown deeper into limbo, . . . yes, I WOULD care!

Batman will go until issue 100.
    Tec will keep going beyond #1000, same for Action.
    Superman will barely have reached issue 20 by then.
    The Green Lantern will keep going as well, I presume.
    Flash will hit 100 as well.
    Apart from these books (I’m sure I forgot some more) it could happen.

Snyder's Justice League will be going for 50 issues, and if it continues double shipping every month it will conclude in June 2020, and that's not including whatever Snyder's big event that will follow it will be.

Batman and Flash 100 will be out in August, with Batman getting an extra 5 issues afterwards.

Despite how much Doomsday Clock have been delayed, I don't think they're gonna wait until late 2020 to get the final 3 issues out, I do think they're gonna try to get them out by the end of this year.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

I'm inclined to think that the reason we aren't getting any information or straight answers about the delays is because the crew now running the show wants fans to think the end product of Doomsday Clock is the originally-planned book, despite there already being proof that the story has been adjusted to account for what King/Bendis/Snyder are currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If that was the original reason, they wouldn't just keep doing the weekly date bumps.

If that meant any resolutions regarding the JSA were thrown deeper into limbo, . . . yes, I WOULD care!
    Assuming DC still has any plans to resolve the JSA!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Assuming DC still has any plans to resolve the JSA!
    Oh, that's entirely another issue in itself.

But at the moment, all many of us can do is wait and see if/what Doomsday Cluck leads up to (if anything) regarding the few snippets / hints that have appeared so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, that's entirely another issue in itself.

But at the moment, all many of us can do is wait and see if/what Doomsday Cluck leads up to (if anything) regarding the few snippets / hints that have appeared so far.
    The JSA "appearances" in DClock have been small, but seemingly have an importance to the main plot. The cover with the Colman kid reading the Manhattanized All-Star Comics has gotten enough press so that the JSA matters here. Granted, as with every other book published, we don't know what exactly is in it, the Legion and JSA still seemingly matter to the story's outcome.

And let me repeat, the story has been very good, even if its timeliness sucks.

That same/similar thought has occurred to me. If they drag this out juuuust long enough, it gives the nu52/Rebirth era a full decade. At the end of the ten, we get the “next” continuity. I believe it was Julius Shwartz who said the DCU needs an enema once a decade. (I may be paraphrasing ��).

Reboot into the next decade and the new continuity sees a return of the JSA, Legion based on the undoing of Dr Manhattan’s manipulations.

The silly thing of course will be that almost half of the 52/Rebirth throughline will have been a looming change in continuity.
    Last edited by astro@work; 04-23-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Both the Previewsworld listing and the DC website listing now have issue #10 as "In Shops: May 29, 2019"!

(And at the moment, the Previewsworld listing for issue #11 is also currently "In Shops: May 29, 2019", so we'll have to see if/when that gets updated as well.)