Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide, New Edition: Wonder Woman

This is from the new DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide, New Edition book that recently came out.

So interesting stuff to take away from this is that Grail is now considered a main foe and she obtains her powers from the gods and not from being Zeus' daughter.

rsz_91xnyuzwx3l.jpg

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

As it should be

So she's officially over 6'0" Good! lol
    Richard Alexander

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

They describe the lasso, tiara and bracers, but didn't for the sword and shield which is figured prominently in the photo.

Wonder why!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    They describe the lasso, tiara and bracers, but didn't for the sword and shield which is figured prominently in the photo.

Wonder why!!!
    Well, it is a kids' book . . .

Speaking of which, since this is from DK publishing and not published specifically by WB/DC, does anybody know how much DC follows what's in here for the currently published comic book stories?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Speaking of which, since this is from DK publishing and not published specifically by WB/DC, does anybody know how much DC follows what's in here for the currently published comic book stories?

Amazon said many comic writers participated in this. I think this book follows DC and not the other way around. This takes elements from recent stories and puts them into the book.

I like this very much, my two favorite underutilized skills are both mentioned.

Well, the "power from the gods" thing is at least in-line with Year One where the Patrons came in and gave Diana her abilities, although I don't know if it was ever clarified whether they gave them to her or just unlocked her Demigoddess abilities (Rucka was probably going for the former given how he ignored the Zeus thing).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I can only guess based on past experience with DC licensed products.

Years ago, Mayfair games put out a tabletop RPG called DC Heroes which came with stat cards for a bunch of heroes and villains. DC editorial had final say over what did and did not go into the game.

According to one of the writers at the time, Wonder Woman's stat card was submitted with a strength equal to Superman, and DC made them knock it down a few points because, as I recall, 'no one is as strong as Superman' (paraphrase - the conversation was about 35 years ago )

I assume that DC has retained similar control over their other licensed products, but that's just an educated guess.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

They refer to her tiara as a throwing weapon but I honestly don't remember the last time she's used it as such in continuity. Also - I notice that Cheetah isn't on the cover - disappointing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    They refer to her tiara as a throwing weapon but I honestly don't remember the last time she's used it as such in continuity. Also - I notice that Cheetah isn't on the cover - disappointing.
    Gail's run, but she also had her use it like a dagger as well.

The beast communication should have been used to find Nemesis a couple issues ago.

Grail is a goddess of Anti-life, the universal freedom-killing equation. It makes perfect sense that she is one of the arch-foes of Diana, a freedom-loving Amazon.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!