Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    1.) Half it.
    2.) Cap it.
    I agree. I'm old school when it comes to Batman. Bruce, Dick and Babs are my set ideal up. I can be talked into a new Robin since I don't necessarily want Dick to go back to that and Robin is an iconic identity. Doesn't matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Probably just the two of them being enjoyable characters. I like the idea of Nightwing, Steph, and Damian all being in the same city, personally. I think Dick and Steph could really enjoy ganging up on Damian.

That's a hot take, but to be fair, Morrison did kill Damian off in an effort to not force the next writers to deal with him. To, "leave [it] the way I found it."
    I don't the Damian part of all them being in the city but yes Nightwing and Steph. And LOL, Nightwing and Steph beat up Damian. Seems like you've been reading my posts.

Morrison didn't leave it the way he found it though. Damian is still here tormenting me. And I've come to realize that the only way to stop Damian is prevent him from existing all together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    We don't need anymore, I can understand Huntress because she's like batfam but not really.
    The current Huntress is imo just a pale shadow of the pre flashpoint version, honestly I would just retire her an Azrael (who has imo the same problem).

I'm also nor sure what do with Cass, sofar it doesn't really seem like the writers have really any good ideas what to with her. But maybe Outsiders may do a better job.

I would definally keep Jason and Damian, because these are imo at the moment the only characters, were the writers are really doing something new, and are not just trying to recreate former stuff.

BANNED

If I asked Didio this question, he would probably say, "Retcon Grayson, Todd, and Damian out of existence." Although I'm a devout Wingnut and a big fan of Jason and Damian, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to reboot "Batman" and "Detective" with the classic bat flying in through Bruce Wayne's window--that is, he's done all his Yeti training and he's wondering what symbol he should take to represent his new identity as a crime-fighter. The Bat-Family consists only of Bruce and Alfred. "Batman" would focus on Bruce's whoop-ass activities and "Detective" would highlight his crime-solving skills. He would encounter a hostile young newly-elected Commissioner Gordon and eventually win him over as a friend and ally, over the progress of the first few years of storylines. In a nutshell, start Batman all over again from the first time he goes out in Spandex.

All the Robins would require different origins and motivations--IF they are to be used at all and then only as EVENTUAL additions. Most likely (remember, I'm speculating on The Gospel According to Saint Dan), they would not have interacted directly with Mr. Wayne at all--rather, they would all live in different places and assume their own identities because they have been "inspired" by Batman. They would later appear in other books to appease the copyright concerns and to a lesser extent--outraged fans, but they will be independent of Family Battiness so that Bruce will never have met them--let alone move them into his house.

Barbara Gordon would be more likely to appear than the Robins due to her gender, age, and lack of filial association with Bruce: She would hopefully become the "gateway character" for the young female readership desired by the company.

All the villains would be gradually reintroduced as well: The talented creative staff can come up with ALL-NEW Joker, ALL-NEW Riddler, ALL-NEW Catwoman, etc etc etc.

I think Didio would like to go in the above direction.

What I would do:
    --Bruce officially adopts Dick and Jason (Damian would keep his current origin AND Cass would become Bruce's adopted daughter. This will avoid the "are they" or "aren't they" questions and hopefully FINALLY lay Fred Wertham to rest in peace.
    --The Bat-Family is considered by all to be The Family Business--in which legacy is an important consideration to Bruce.
    --Batman Inc would be a big part of Bruce's mission (as he wants all major cities in the world to have their own protector). He is very stay-at-home to guard HIS city, but he wants to enlist his own Bat-Army.
    --There are two Batmen: Bruce is intent only upon Gotham City as far as his personal presence goes, and rarely sets foot out of the county it's in; Dick will be the Batman of the Justice League as he is willing to leave Gotham City--although he would likely make some costume variations. OR Dick will lead the Outsiders Team, Jason will lead his Outlaws, and Damian will lead the Titans.

(PS: I know what a Yeti is and am not confusing it with Yoda. More snark-n-snide).
    Last edited by oasis1313; 03-14-2019 at 12:56 AM.

1 - Tim Drake retires. Moves to London to work in finance.

2 - Dick Grayson stops being Nightwing and just goes into the Spy game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If I asked Didio this question, he would probably say, "Retcon Grayson, Todd, and Damian out of existence." Although I'm a devout Wingnut and a big fan of Jason and Damian, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to reboot "Batman" and "Detective" with the classic bat flying in through Bruce Wayne's window--that is, he's done all his Yeti training and he's wondering what symbol he should take to represent his new identity as a crime-fighter. The Bat-Family consists only of Bruce and Alfred. "Batman" would focus on Bruce's whoop-ass activities and "Detective" would highlight his crime-solving skills. He would encounter a hostile young newly-elected Commissioner Gordon and eventually win him over as a friend and ally, over the progress of the first few years of storylines. In a nutshell, start Batman all over again from the first time he goes out in Spandex.

All the Robins would require different origins and motivations--IF they are to be used at all and then only as EVENTUAL additions. Most likely (remember, I'm speculating on The Gospel According to Saint Dan), they would not have interacted directly with Mr. Wayne at all--rather, they would all live in different places and assume their own identities because they have been "inspired" by Batman. They would later appear in other books to appease the copyright concerns and to a lesser extent--outraged fans, but they will be independent of Family Battiness so that Bruce will never have met them--let alone move them into his house.

Barbara Gordon would be more likely to appear than the Robins due to her gender, age, and lack of filial association with Bruce: She would hopefully become the "gateway character" for the young female readership desired by the company.

All the villains would be gradually reintroduced as well: The talented creative staff can come up with ALL-NEW Joker, ALL-NEW Riddler, ALL-NEW Catwoman, etc etc etc.
    That sounds like Batman Earth 1.

I don't think a complete reboot from start would work, in the main continuity, the would basically be stuck, with reintroducing all the different characters and villains for years (which would be kind of boring), and the new version would be constantly compared to the old ones...

On top of that, they would not be able to capitalize on the other Bat-characters, who are among the few characters apart from the big six, that are popular enough to sell ongoing comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Doubt it, they are valuable intellectual properties with big enough followings.
    Then like the movies it’s time for a major reboot and a way to go back to the basics of Batman regardless of how the fans feel. I mean look at how the rest of the DCU turned out because of a reduced Batman family ?

BANNED

Okay how about this for a change/adjustment: Just remove Tim Drake from all of this and have Damien into Bruce’s life with Bruce learning about him at a younger age and trying to raise him a bit while being Batman. Sort of like Roy Harper when he learns and saves Lian.

Have Robin temporary die with Jason Todd’s death.

Only for it to return with the introduction of Duke Thomas since Damien is a bit young to have the mantle. With Duke’s origin have it be a bit similar with how he was placed into the Batman family in the first place with his parents dying due to a battle between Batman and the Joker and them being victims of the Joker’s attack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can't I just choose to get rid of Tom King before he inflicts any further damage on the franchise?

Please?
    This is my answer.

My other: Bruce, Dick, Tim, Damian and Babs as Oracle.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 03-14-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Every character is someone's favourite character. So killing/retiring/getting rid of members of the Bat-family is a terrible idea. Taking some of them out of Gotham and giving them their own space would be the only way I would like the Bat-family to be "retooled"
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    Why would you have Steph be Nightwings Robin? I'm just curious
    Marketing is one reason. If DC is so dead set on nightwing being "batman lite" with his own "Gotham lite" city he might as well have a "Robin lite" to go with him. A new character wouldn't work because they don't stick and the batfamily is already overcrowded as is.

As for steph shes there just sitting in limbo doing nothing. She could become a lot popular in and out of comics and has way more potential as nightwing's partner instead of just red Robin's some times girlfriend.

Nightwing needs a supporting character with staying power and Spoiler needs a home and a purpose beyond Tim's love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Every character is someone's favourite character. So killing/retiring/getting rid of members of the Bat-family is a terrible idea. Taking some of them out of Gotham and giving them their own space would be the only way I would like the Bat-family to be "retooled"
    This!
    I could never get behind a character getting killed off simply because I'm sure there are those that still care even if i don't.

I vote retool but honestly can't be bothered /can't come up with how?

King revamping the Bat-verse worries me. Just let him finish his 100 issue epic masterpiece and move on plz.

I don't really see much re-tooling needed, besides Nightwing being Nightwing and not Ric, and doing something with Tim I guess. He seems to be in constant limbo.

So, Batman, Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl as your core group. Jason continue to do his own thing as Red Hood. And I'm pretty sure they're starting a new Outsiders book? Use that to spotlight your Cass, Batwoman, Duke, Tim, and that whole little crowd.

DC could have the Bat family members spot/mark Bruces rogues, some of them through just stealth tactics, others through creating allied bonds with them as a way to control and mitigate their threat to Gotham.

as just off the top of my head examples;

Tim chooses to mark and hinder the tech rogues; Firefly, Mad Hatter.....
    Dick takes the deep 'underground' rogues, mobsters, crooked politicians
    another keeps guard over Arkham, Blackgate
    another actively tries to reform and utilize Ivy, Victor Fries.......

Give each member a clear rogue gallery and mission objective

Astonishing Member

The Bat family isn't to big, the problem is that there are too many of them in Gotham. I'd move most of them to different cities or place them on various teams. The hard part is deciding who gets to stay in Gotham with Bruce and Alfred.