Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Tommy Oliver vs Kamen Rider Black RX

Tommy has his Master Morpher while RX has access to all three of his forms.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Not familiar enough on the Tommy side, but base-form RX survived planetfall from space, and his Roborider form is far above his base form for durability, as a guy who was absolutely wrecking base-form's **** couldn't damage Roborider. And then Biorider can just decide to be liquid.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Not familiar enough on the Tommy side, but base-form RX survived planetfall from space, and his Roborider form is far above his base form for durability, as a guy who was absolutely wrecking base-form's **** couldn't damage Roborider. And then Biorider can just decide to be liquid.
    You know, for being considered the "greatest ranger of all time" he REALLY doesn't have many feats. Dragon Shield can tank shots from a zord but I really don't have anything else.

He does have some superspeed in Turbo, shown in the show that one time by Tommy, once by TJ and once in the Soul of the Dragon comic.

Said comic also had him using the elements in rapid succession in Black Brachio form.

And that was when his morpher was breaking down. It was pretty cool.

Anyway! Video feats!

Green Ranger

White Ranger

Dino Thunder

For the fight, I think Tommy's best option would be to keep switching between Brachio and Turbo. Use Turbo for hit and run tactics with super speed and then switch to Black Brachio to start dishing out the big elemental attacks. The key here is to play keep away, because Kamen Riders hit like trucks and RX is no exception.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

How big for the elemental attacks? 'Cause like, Roborider again just absolutely no-sells attacks that wreck planetfall-surviving-RX's ****

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    He does have some superspeed in Turbo, shown in the show that one time by Tommy, once by TJ and once in the Soul of the Dragon comic.

Said comic also had him using the elements in rapid succession in Black Brachio form.

And that was when his morpher was breaking down. It was pretty cool.

Anyway! Video feats!

Green Ranger

White Ranger

Dino Thunder

For the fight, I think Tommy's best option would be to keep switching between Brachio and Turbo. Use Turbo for hit and run tactics with super speed and then switch to Black Brachio to start dishing out the big elemental attacks. The key here is to play keep away, because Kamen Riders hit like trucks and RX is no exception.
    Holy ****, Soul of the dragon is out. I completely forgot about that.....

I gotta wonder if RX could tank some of that though. Given the "survive from space" feat. I'm not entirely convinced that Tommy could overcome Roborider's durability.

Also, wasn't there a time limit on RX's forms? Or am I thinking of another rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Holy ****, Soul of the dragon is out. I completely forgot about that.....

I gotta wonder if RX could tank some of that though. Given the "survive from space" feat. I'm not entirely convinced that Tommy could overcome Roborider's durability.

Also, wasn't there a time limit on RX's forms? Or am I thinking of another rider?
    Could be a different Rider, RX never had any time limit on his forms, he used and changed them at will.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

How big for the elemental attacks? 'Cause like, Roborider again just absolutely no-sells attacks that wreck planetfall-surviving-RX's ****
    I'll have to sort through the feats. The best one I remember is when he killed Goldenrod. Tommy made a giant crevice in the Earth and then summoned a gigantic tower of flame out of it that obliterated a giant monster. I think he also summoned a tidal wave one time but I'll have to check.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Even unmorphed, Kotaro is pretty much a terminator. He got hit by a car that was, moments previous, tunneling underground and causing an earthquake, then smashed through a bunch of stuff by it and was only staggered by the whole affair.

Even unmorphed, Kotaro is pretty much a terminator. He got hit by a car that was, moments previous, tunneling underground and causing an earthquake, then smashed through a bunch of stuff by it and was only staggered by the whole affair.
    Oh yeah, Kotaro is a freaking tank. I remember him fighting this monkey monster and it carrying him upwards through the ceiling, that was underground and then throwing him onto the ground and he was just fine.

It was actually kinda funny at times.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Tommy has his Master Morpher while RX has access to all three of his forms.
    You said Tommy so it Green or White Ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    You said Tommy so it Green or White Ranger?
    Master Morpher means that he can switch between his previous Ranger forms. So I take it that means we're really talking about a pseudo-composite Tommy here.

Though, he never changes to his Red Turbo form, so as far as feats go, we don't know if that's accessible.

(also, goddamn Current Tommy talks like a lower-tier pro wrestler.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Master Morpher means that he can switch between his previous Ranger forms. So I take it that means we're really talking about a pseudo-composite Tommy here.

Though, he never changes to his Red Turbo form, so as far as feats go, we don't know if that's accessible.

Well he is a UFC wrestler. Or at least he was; I don't know if he's still competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

In fairness, battle dialogue wasn't much of a strength for Zordon-Era originals rangers.

The only Rangers I recall having good battle dialogue where Eric from Time Force, the Dino Thunder Rangers and the Ninja Storm Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In fairness, battle dialogue wasn't much of a strength for Zordon-Era originals rangers.

The only Rangers I recall having good battle dialogue where Eric from Time Force, the Dino Thunder Rangers and the Ninja Storm Rangers.

Have a nice TRIP!

See you next FALL!

Oh, Kimberly was the best.