Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this base-Level Mongul, or Mongul during his “Space-Liberace”, “I want all the Lantern rings” phase?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    i know,so i think zod is a worthy enemy for superman,but i forgot mentioned it,my bad,but don't forgot in war of supermen,zod and his aides(ursa and non,especially non,he was beast even back on krypton(though this is not his fault.....) can stalemate superman,and later,need a bunch of kryptonians soldiers to subdue superman,
    Whom Supes beat off, then Superboy dropped in to help on Superman's side until it was just Zod v Kal 1 on 1,which was a stalemate

so this is why i always think zod is less impressive than superman due to he always battling superman with allies,
    That's somewhat true but Superman himself also came with allies in War of Supermen and the end of last son for instance

I'm not saying Zod is better, it's just that he hardly "always needs aides", usually not anymore than Supes himself and is otherwise portrayed as (at least) on par, with his losses being plot driven more than anything else

and russian zod is nearly as powerful as superman,but he didn't managed killed superman even in red sun condition,
    He would have, had Luthor not rescued Supes. Again, plot driven or Plot Induced Stupidity. The actual 1v1 fight he lost due to his powers weakening and Supes' returning

but still,his power is impressive,he was destroying two probes in OWAW,which is rarely characters can achieved(iirc,only superman,and doomsday,zod those level could achieve,and one probe is extremely powerful which could defeating one million daxamites by himself).and pocket universe zod,this version zod is essentially pre-crisis kryptonian,so he is far beyond superman make me didn't considering he and superman battle could called battle..........and phantom zone zod(for tomorrow),also is as powerful as superman,but eventually been beaten by superman.
    He wasn't really beaten though

and rebirth zod story,superman is been depowered this period iirc(his senses malfunctioning)
    Eh. Wasn't the revenge squad thing well after merging with new 52 supes and being back to full power. In any case the story also had Zod being established as the most powerful of the lot including Henshaw

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is this base-Level Mongul, or Mongul during his “Space-Liberace”, “I want all the Lantern rings” phase?
    That's technically the son of Mongul. Who was nearly killed by Krypto the super dog before he started the ring collection and started being written as a bigger threat than basically Superman's "big alien goon punch bag"

He is different from the Coast City killer, best birthday gifts guy

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Whom Supes beat off, then Superboy dropped in to help on Superman's side until it was just Zod v Kal 1 on 1,which was a stalemate

That's somewhat true but Superman himself also came with allies in War of Supermen and the end of last son for instance

I'm not saying Zod is better, it's just that he hardly "always needs aides", usually not anymore than Supes himself and is otherwise portrayed as (at least) on par, with his losses being plot driven more than anything else

He would have, had Luthor not rescued Supes. Again, plot driven or Plot Induced Stupidity. The actual 1v1 fight he lost due to his powers weakening and Supes' returning

He wasn't really beaten though

Eh. Wasn't the revenge squad thing well after merging with new 52 supes and being back to full power. In any case the story also had Zod being established as the most powerful of the lot including Henshaw
    is those scans i references,before new krypton exploding,zod and his aides battling superman,and superman seemingly could handle
    https://i.imgur.com/ZsaCMq8.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/wS550yb.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/DDsFuf7.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/AsHveQX.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/hS7oCNC.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/a3RmM2m.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/nhVJakm.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/4fc0pwR.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/hxXfwH0.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/BhKjxMM.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/fTHmWcY.jpg
    and russian zod he didn't killed superman i was reference his later battling with superman(with got a little sunlight energy to sustain),superman is delaying zod long enough made luthor and metallo have time to reverse sun iirc
    phantom zone zod in the end of battle was no remain power to battle in my perspective,so i personally think this fight superman is the winner
    yeah,but in this story,his blind,even cyborg superman thinking superman was to easily to be handle in them first encounter.and yes,zod is revenge squad most powerful)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 03-14-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

two different characters(though i personally didn't think them have any distinctively different,they all were space despots)father and son.but pre-crisis mongul is most impressive,post-crisis beginning to portrayed less than superman(like in exile story arc,mongul 1 defeated by a drained superman)mongul 2 in OWAW steal attacking superman still can't defeating superman,contrary,he defeated by supes,and later he even nearly killed by krypto............dc really need give this character some loves.now he just a superman-private sandbag
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 03-14-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

That's technically the son of Mongul. Who was nearly killed by Krypto the super dog before he started the ring collection and started being written as a bigger threat than basically Superman's "big alien goon punch bag"

He is different from the Coast City killer, best birthday gifts guy
    Ah, I thought both father and son were called Mongul.

BANNED

It's not an arc, it's a one shot
    oh then I haven't read it. must be some other arc.

Ah, I thought both father and son were called Mongul.
    They are. Father's still different from son though and it's the son you're thinking of with the rings, he was actually a lot more prominent and involved post crisis. Dad was killed way back in the '90s

is those scans i references,before new krypton exploding,zod and his aides battling superman,and superman seemingly could handle
    Ehh they managed to hold him down. He couldn't escape. I was referring to the end of the same story when he does go one on one with Zod and only stops him via Phantom Zone projector
    and russian zod he didn't killed superman i was reference his later battling with superman(with got a little sunlight energy to sustain),superman is delaying zod long enough made luthor and metallo have time to reverse sun iirc
    So again, it doesn't really prove your claim
    and russian zod is nearly as powerful as superman,
    since Superman didn't prove himself to be superior till after the sun reversal. Basically the fight doesn't show one way or the other Superman being more powerful. If he survived under the red sun fight, it doesn't translate to "he would win under a normal sun fight" given all the factors involved like Superman actually not being at zero power. Maybe Zod would have won had the fight lasted longer, maybe he would win even under a regular sun, the evidence is simply not enough to say anything either way but certainly it doesn't show Zod being weaker

Especially when they already stalemated at beginning of OWAW under regular conditions
    phantom zone zod in the end of battle was no remain power to battle in my perspective,so i personally think this fight superman is the winner
    Except Zod specifically didn't want to leave the Zone, even when it appeared he would die for doing so. Hardly translates to a clean win he's also conscious and has been trading blows with supes for a fair while without outright losing
    yeah,but in this story,his blind,even cyborg superman thinking superman was to easily to be handle in them first encounter.and yes,zod is revenge squad most powerful
    Fair enough

Ehh they managed to hold him down. He couldn't escape. I was referring to the end of the same story when he does go one on one with Zod and only stops him via Phantom Zone projector

So again, it doesn't really prove your claim

since Superman didn't prove himself to be superior till after the sun reversal. Basically the fight doesn't show one way or the other Superman being more powerful. If he survived under the red sun fight, it doesn't translate to "he would win under a normal sun fight" given all the factors involved like Superman actually not being at zero power. Maybe Zod would have won had the fight lasted longer, maybe he would win even under a regular sun, the evidence is simply not enough to say anything either way but certainly it doesn't show Zod being weaker

Especially when they already stalemated at beginning of OWAW under regular conditions

Except Zod specifically didn't want to leave the Zone, even when it appeared he would die for doing so. Hardly translates to a clean win he's also conscious and has been trading blows with supes for a fair while without outright losing

Fair enough
    but in the end of story,zod is with a bunch of kryptonians soldiers to subdued superman like i said before,not zod himself one-to-one with superman,and ursa/non is first get superman by surprises,later superman is appear to break free from them grasping,
    superman battling a bunch of kryptonian soldiers alongside zod,later when soldiers been transfered to phantom zone,superman even managed stunning zod a while,have time to use phantom zone projector
    https://i.imgur.com/zCcofcf.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/RqMz9mi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ka7wMTy.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/vnhf5Ou.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/XHSX3CP.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/SUc3Ntq.jpg
    russian zod my claim is
    and russian zod is nearly as powerful as superman,but he didn't managed killed superman even in red sun condition,but still,his power is impressive
    .russian zod stalemate superman,but he didn't destroyed many imperiex probes like superman did when he is berserk alongside doomsday,even made imperiex prime himself have to appearing to dealing with them two.of course,this doesn't saying russian zod couldn't achieve same feat like superman and doomsday did.i used nearly because i actually not sure who is superior(even one of them stronger another,this gap will be very slightly imo),i personally think superman is superior than russian zod because zod hadn't do anything as impressive as superman in OWAW,and later couldn't killed superman in red sun conditon made me have more feeling about this way(though this maybe just because he haven't got many appearances......)
    and phantom zod was really mad about superman give phantom zone a counterpart earth,make he mad enough want to killing superman,and in the end of story,he didn't continue fighting,so i thinking he is been beaten
    as i said before,i think zod is supes worthy enemy,he is nearly as powerful as superman(at least,when one-to-one condition,when he had aides,superman always could stalemate or withstanding a while,even pocket universe/precrisis zod team,superman been punches all the story,but still managed finding kryptonite,and killed zod and his aides,later even not have any seriously injuries.......),just forgot mentioned it
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 03-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.

It seems kinda ... "under-thought-through" ... that so many of Kal's rogues have no counter for his superspeed.

Like, shouldn't Luthor's lexosuit have, I dunno, auto-shields that instantly absorb and drain any kinetic energy it comes into contact with?

Mongul should be, at the very least, "Diet Thanos". Give him back his incredible pre-COIE strength and durability (so that Supes can blitz him to no avail) while greatly ramping up his old TP/TK abilities so space-toss is out (the TK could also slow Kal down).

The magical abilities of cosmics like Mxy, Blaze, and Cythonna should be good enough to counter superspeed.

Everyone else either should have their own comparable superspeed, or have something that immediately neutralizes Kal's advantage there, like magic, psionics, or speed-draining.

Otherwise, they get banned from ever physically confronting Kal.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 03-15-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    It seems kinda ... "under-thought-through" ... that so many of Kal's rogues have no counter for his superspeed.

Like, shouldn't Luthor's lexosuit have, I dunno, auto-shields that instantly absorb and drain any kinetic energy it comes into contact with?

Mongul should be, at the very least, "Diet Thanos". Give him back his incredible pre-COIE strength and durability (so that Supes can blitz him to no avail) while greatly ramping up his old TP/TK abilities so space-toss is out (the TK could also slow Kal down).

The magical abilities of cosmics like Mxy, Blaze, and Cythonna should be good enough to counter superspeed.

Everyone else either should have their own comparable superspeed, or have something that immediately neutralizes Kal's advantage there, like magic, psionics, or speed-draining.

Otherwise, they get banned from ever physically confronting Kal.
    actually many times proves superman could blitz many his opponents,like in justice league,superman blitzed parasite,he even haven't time react to absorbing superman,so essentially this just PIS,but many writers trying to make it logic.like parasite could absoring inertia make superman slowed,but like i said before,a really seriously superman still could blitzed parasite
    yeah,mostly could toe-to-toe(mean fighting superman,though not mean he/she have majority or equal to superman)rogues at least have some way to counter his superspeed,but this just under a normal superman(which mean constantly holding back)and if supes really taking this fight seriously,mostly rogues haven't stand a chance because superman overwhelming power,like luthor in superman=batman issues,even poisoned by kryptonite,superman managed broke luthor's suit.
    mongul pre-crisis was really badass,but after COIE,he became a superman's sandbag
    mxy is far beyond superman,but he didn't a malevolence being,just mischief,in adventures of superman pointed that mxy always holding back make the games more funny,blaze and satanus indeed a challenge for superman,but superman also had managed smashing neron's hell in superman man of tomorrow issues,and in action comics,superman been states could destroying hell,but he will suffering retaliation from hell''s lords,eventually they made a deal,in other words,hell lords' actually thinking superman could destroying hell.and in one of superman's annuals story involving DR occult,superman managed beating an extradimensional demon lord in this world,and this lord a minion have a planet strength(which been shattering pieces by superman,before superman even withstanding it's grasp,and this just a year one superman),my personally thought superman's magic weakness indeed constantly,but it's effect/potential or superman durability to magic is inconstancy
    if we highball superman,uses his best feat,then many his opponents shouldn't been instantly subdued.but this is comics..........plus many stories villains was the one whom take initiative,so logically they have a lot of time to counter superman's abilities
    i think a releasing his power superman,we could reference doomsday,since he is been pointed he and superman is physically equal(his strength and invulnerability rival that of superman),which....very terrified,
    1.jpg