Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    I thought Superwoman was Earth 3's Captain Marvel/Shazam?
    That was only in the animated movie which was completely wrong.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

actually,if considering post-crisis an explanation in justice league of america which earth-3 is an unstable universe,always being retcon,then maybe could explain why syndicate still out there.but i personally think just bendis didn't care continuity
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that either Reborn or the end of Metal actually restored the Crime Syndicate's Earth. However, the events of Darkseid War did happen (as seen in both Wonder Woman and Justice League Odyssey).

I think that Bendis is changing the nature of DC's continuity, more than ignoring it : basically, historical Events in our world (Crisis on Infinite Earth, Final crisis, etc.) have become historical events in the DCU itself. Which means that for Bendis, reboots haven't been created new continuity but changing the one continuity, which is basically applying the Marvel Formula to DC Continuity.

Which may actually solve a lot of problem, if DC decides to us the Dark Multiverse to its full potential by putting well-developed but not well-loved worlds (like New 52's Earth 2) to be kept away but usable, if they so wishes, and if they really want to cling to "There is only 52 (53, kind off) stable worlds in the Multiverse.
    This is a great way to look at it! It folds in Hypertime, Multiversity, and Metal all into a workable matrix! I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm always curious whether we're seeing Earth-3 or Anti-Matter Earth when it comes to the Crime Syndicate. Of course these ones appear to be totally and tonally the same as from Geoff's Justice League run. So they could have been Rebirthed. After all, most of them were pretty dead after Forever Evil and Darkseid War. And some directly due to Doctor Manhattan. But then again there could always be the time travel thing, too. Like the black hole took Jon back to before the Anti-Monitor wracked up Earth-3, back to a time when the Syndicate were still running things. After all, if these phenomena are resulting in Jon being aged up, there's no reason to think that these phenomena are running in 1:1 time and that the Earth-3 he's visiting is during "now", when it's supposed to be an Anti-Monitor-wrecked wasteland. Especially as he's spending a significant amount of time there as a prisoner, then sneaking around.
    I love this way of thinking. That is a great way to look at it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Did Grid make and appearance or Atomica?
    Neither :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Superwoman is a favorite of mine!

But, even though she is supposed to be the equal of WW, they never portray her as such. I want to see her take on some big-time heroes and win!
    Do they still have that storyline of Amazons not wearing braces being insane? Or is that just pre-CoIE?
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    I think Bendis doesnÂ’t care about continuity. I donÂ’t think it has anything to do with reborn or doomsday clock.

IÂ’ve not been impressed with his tinkering. I like the version of the Jon Kent we had

Also donÂ’t forget that power ring showed up in green lanterns inside JessicaÂ’s ring. This confirming that darkseid war happened.
    Yeah, I do miss young Jon Kent. I wonder why Bendis decided to do this. What is it leading to? Was it just so Jon wouldn't compete with his plans for Connor Kent?

Good point about Power Ring. I wonder how Bendis will explain this. I liked the earlier comment about Jon having time traveled to Earth 3's past, before Darkseid War and Forever Evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Wow, of all of the Superwoman incarnations, why is THAT one the one I remembered? LOL random... thanks!
    Last edited by ShinySephiroth; 03-17-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    actually,if considering post-crisis an explanation in justice league of america which earth-3 is an unstable universe,always being retcon,then maybe could explain why syndicate still out there.but i personally think just bendis didn't care continuity
    I am interested in seeing if they will tie in Metal to Earth 3's resurgence.

Do they still have that storyline of Amazons not wearing braces being insane? Or is that just pre-CoIE?
    thanks!
    That was just Pre-COIE. Not wearing the Bracelets of Submission gave an Amazon (Superwoman) beserker strength. Her moods were also very volatile. She was probably at Superman's level of strength at that point.

Superwoman has worn bracelets in the incarnation just prior to Forever Evil. But the Forever Evil version did not wear them.

I think Bendis doesn’t care about continuity. I don’t think it has anything to do with reborn or doomsday clock.

I’ve not been impressed with his tinkering. I like the version of the Jon Kent we had

Also don’t forget that power ring showed up in green lanterns inside Jessica’s ring. This confirming that darkseid war happened.
    Out of curiosity, in which GL issue did Power Ring appear?

I think Bendis doesn’t care about continuity.
    The only continuity that Bendis cares about is his own head cannon.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hope those characters along with Deathstorm and Sea King are not just forgotten. Hell I would love to see the CS versions of Green Arrow (Deadeye), Hawkman (Blood Eagle), and Martian Manhunter (White Maritan) used again too. I want to see a full dirty dozen Crime Syndicate instead of just the classic 5. I would love to see Mazahs again too.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 03-17-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That was just Pre-COIE. Not wearing the Bracelets of Submission gave an Amazon (Superwoman) beserker strength. Her moods were also very volatile. She was probably at Superman's level of strength at that point.

Superwoman has worn bracelets in the incarnation just prior to Forever Evil. But the Forever Evil version did not wear them.
    Ah, got it. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I hope those characters along with Deathstorm and Sea King are not just forgotten. Hell I would love to see the CS versions of Green Arrow (Deadeye), Hawkman (Blood Eagle), and Martian Manhunter (White Maritan) used again too. I want to see a full dirty dozen Crime Syndicate instead of just the classic 5. I would love to see Mazahs again too.
    I agree. I'd even love there to be an Earth 3 on going. But maybe the appeal to these characters is that we rarely see them? I dunno...

Astonishing Member

I am interested in seeing if they will tie in Metal to Earth 3's resurgence.
    They should.

Earth 3 should be a nightmare Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Loved that movie. Mary Marvel as Super Woman was inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

[img]
    Some of these names. Ugh.

What really worked for me was that the original CSA's names could have been either heroic or villainous.

Sea King is alright.

Deathstorm should stay in Blackest Night. Blood Eagle is not event trying.

While I know the CSA by large part are supposed to closely resemble their JL counterparts, I had heard that Sea King was more Amphibian looking. Was that another version idpf Sea King, or did that online poster have it wrong?

I love Sea King's look above! Regal and powerful the way I pictured him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    They should.

Earth 3 should be a nightmare Earth.
    I wonder how that would have Earth X and Earth 10 tie into Metal.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how that would have Earth X and Earth 10 tie into Metal.
    Very good question.

I would say another nightmare Earth.

If fear keeps these Earths existing, then it would make sense that a lot of fear could keep a nightmare Earth reimagining.

I'm a gigantic fan of the Crime Syndicate and Earth 3, so I'm glad they're back. Unfortunately it looks like Bendis might be linking Superwoman to the Superman mythos instead of the Wonder Woman mythos (but we'll see), which is total disservice of the character IMHO. And one of my only complaints about Morrison.

Post-Doomsday Clock, I'd love to see a title that explores Earth 3 and swells the ranks of the Crime Syndicate. They're way too great a concept to leave in limbo.