Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    I'd like to see Metal stay way far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay from Earth 3, unless it's an unfinished Earth that's a strange good take on Earth 3.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm extremely happy to see the Syndicate back, I hated what Johns' did especially to Superwoman. My only complaint is one I've had for several years now. Superwoman is supposed to be an Amazon, the reverse ideology of Wonder Woman. However everyone keeps making her more and more into a female version of Superman/Ultraman. Shes not supposed to have heat vision.
    I would have preferred the 'anti-Wonder Woman' approach as well, and an exploration of whether or not she's representative of Earth 3's Amazons (are they all man-haters, for instance) or more of an outcast or even the last survivor (having killed her more peace-loving sisters and left Themiscrya in rubble behind her).

    Making her a Superman-clone is kind of dull.

    If they want to mix things up, Ultraman could display some other ability, perhaps after being exposed to yet another color of Kryptonite, could serve to jazz him up a tad. Perhaps his current powerset (strength, speed, flight, invulnerability, heat vision) comes from being exposed to green, gold, blue, red, white, etc. Kryptonites in the past, and the discovery of a new 'black Kryptonite' or something could give him phasing powers, telekinesis, a 'super-flare' burst area light/heat attack or a sonic 'super-scream' or something. Or we could see him gaining some classic Superman power that he may not have been seen using yet (like 'super-cold breath' or one of the enhanced super-senses).

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I know the CSA by large part are supposed to closely resemble their JL counterparts, I had heard that Sea King was more Amphibian looking. Was that another version idpf Sea King, or did that online poster have it wrong?

    I love Sea King's look above! Regal and powerful the way I pictured him.
    I wonder if maybe they mixed him up with the Squadron Supreme version over at Marvel who even used the code name Amphibian. He had a very inhuman look.


  4. #34
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm a gigantic fan of the Crime Syndicate and Earth 3, so I'm glad they're back. Unfortunately it looks like Bendis might be linking Superwoman to the Superman mythos instead of the Wonder Woman mythos (but we'll see), which is total disservice of the character IMHO. And one of my only complaints about Morrison.

    Post-Doomsday Clock, I'd love to see a title that explores Earth 3 and swells the ranks of the Crime Syndicate. They're way too great a concept to leave in limbo.
    Whaaaaat? I had not heard that about Superwoman.

    I concur that more characters should be shown, but they need to get it right first with the core members. Superwoman is WW's evil counterpart, not Mary Marvel, not Superman, etc.

    Here, here, this evil group is too "good" to be in limbo!

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Whaaaaat? I had not heard that about Superwoman.

    I concur that more characters should be shown, but they need to get it right first with the core members. Superwoman is WW's evil counterpart, not Mary Marvel, not Superman, etc.

    Here, here, this evil group is too "good" to be in limbo!
    Well Phoenixx9, you know my Superwoman love is enduring.

    I didn't read Superman #9, but watched a video review of it and the last page plays up a connection with SuperWoman and John and I'll just leave it at that. (With two thumbs down from me.)

  6. #36
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Very good question.

    I would say another nightmare Earth.

    If fear keeps these Earths existing, then it would make sense that a lot of fear could keep a nightmare Earth reimagining.
    Ah, I didn't catch that when I read Metal. I'm gonna have to go back and re-read it, but this time all at once and not with the breaks between issues. That makes sense, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm a gigantic fan of the Crime Syndicate and Earth 3, so I'm glad they're back. Unfortunately it looks like Bendis might be linking Superwoman to the Superman mythos instead of the Wonder Woman mythos (but we'll see), which is total disservice of the character IMHO. And one of my only complaints about Morrison.

    Post-Doomsday Clock, I'd love to see a title that explores Earth 3 and swells the ranks of the Crime Syndicate. They're way too great a concept to leave in limbo.
    That would be great! Who do you think at DC right now would be the best to author such a venture?

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    I highly doubt Earth 2 as a whole has been wiped out, as Bendis has already said he has plans to use Val Zod. So unless he was planning on brining him to the main earth, Earth 2 should still be around.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Well Phoenixx9, you know my Superwoman love is enduring.
    Yes, mine as well!

  9. #39
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I highly doubt Earth 2 as a whole has been wiped out, as Bendis has already said he has plans to use Val Zod. So unless he was planning on brining him to the main earth, Earth 2 should still be around.
    Ah, I hadn't heard that! I wonder if it will tie into Power Girl being trapped in that in-between place with Tanya Power Girl

  10. #40
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I highly doubt Earth 2 as a whole has been wiped out, as Bendis has already said he has plans to use Val Zod. So unless he was planning on brining him to the main earth, Earth 2 should still be around.
    Michael Holt somehow got off of Earth 2. And Bendis has a poor reputation for keeping track of continuity in his stories. But Val Zod does deserve some page time.

  11. #41
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Well Phoenixx9, you know my Superwoman love is enduring.

    I didn't read Superman #9, but watched a video review of it and the last page plays up a connection with SuperWoman and John and I'll just leave it at that. (With two thumbs down from me.)
    Nevertheless, Super Woman did have a golden lasso.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  12. #42
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Michael Holt somehow got off of Earth 2. And Bendis has a poor reputation for keeping track of continuity in his stories. But Val Zod does deserve some page time.
    Is it certain that the Holt we are seeing isn't the main Earth version? Like, there are two of them?

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I wonder if maybe they mixed him up with the Squadron Supreme version over at Marvel who even used the code name Amphibian. He had a very inhuman look.

    Hmmn. Good question. I knew there was a Kingsley Rice aka Amphibian, but he was human looking with neat red hair. He looked nothing the the pic you supplied. But that was a long time ago. Perhaps Marvel updated him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Nevertheless, Super Woman did have a golden lasso.
    Yes! Her Golden Lasso of Submission!

  14. #44
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    So with Bendis planning on using Val Zod, that pretty much confirms the JSA's return will be on the main Earth and they won't be their own thing... right?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •