Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I like this one.

BANNED

I wonder why they highlighted the reds in the B&W scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Rocket and War Machine is the team up I never knew I needed
    I dub this team-up Rocky Rhodes.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Does anyone know why Marvel decided to shoe horn Captain Marvel into the MCU? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Does anyone know why Marvel decided to shoe horn Captain Marvel into the MCU? It doesn't make any sense to me.
    What about it doesn’t make sense?

Because contracts are running out they're building new franchises hence Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Eternals, Shang-Chi, and Captain Marvel which I don't feel is shoe horned in anymore than the rest.

Astonishing Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Who is the woman talking at 0:30? I thought it was Peggy Carter, but that doesn't seem right.
    There were pictures of Hayley Atwell on set, so Peggy makes an appearance via flashback/time travel/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In a perfect world Cap would use the gauntlet to bring them all back knowing it will kill him. Ans his last words before he uses it is "Avengers Assemble" and then they all come back and we get a huge battle in honor of cap.
    Cap doesn't trade lives.

They never shoe horned her in. They properly introduced her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What about it doesn’t make sense?
    All of the previous characters went through a similar arc and were added in a bit more organically. spoilers:
    That never happens with Captain Marvel. In her movie she basically is just given all of her powers and never breaks through anything. She succeeds in the end by simply removing her inhibitor and being more strong. In addition, her back story is very closely tied to elements like Shield, the Tessaract, while other characters like Spider-man and Dr. Strange weren't.
    end of spoilers What doesn't make sense to me is that they would take such a different approach, and why they were add her right in the middle of the two Avengers movies with such a big role. I would think that they wouldn't want to take the focus off of Iron Man and Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Because contracts are running out they're building new franchises hence Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Eternals, Shang-Chi, and Captain Marvel which I don't feel is shoe horned in anymore than the rest.
    But they already have enough franchises to expand and could have added her a bit later. Why did they have to add her in between Avengers 3 and 4 and give her such a big role? That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Aren't they already going to make a lot of money from Avengers 4? Is whatever additional profit from adding her in really worth breaking the integrity of the continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They never shoe horned her in. They properly introduced her.
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you watch her movie she has clearly been retconned into the MCU.

What doesn't make sense to me is that they would take such a different approach, and why they were add her right in the middle of the two Avengers movies with such a big role. I would think that they wouldn't want to take the focus off of Iron Man and Captain America.
    I think they deliberately wanted to do something narratively. They can only make the same movie so many times.

But they already have enough franchises to expand and could have added her a bit later. Why did they have to add her in between Avengers 3 and 4 and give her such a big role? That doesn't make sense to me.
    And the Captain America and Iron Man franchises are winding down. Peoples' contracts are expiring. They need to drop something in now to whet people's appetites for something new to comes.

But ultimately... nobody is going to be able to answer the question of WHY until after we've all seen Endgame.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you watch her movie she has clearly been retconned into the MCU.
    Same as Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne.

Because that was always the plan... Ya know.... When they announced it way back in October 2014...