Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Same as Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne.
    I realize that are some retcons, but they aren't so important to the overall plot of End Game. Captain Marvel is clearly being built up to be pretty important in taking on Thanos.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think they deliberately wanted to do something narratively. They can only make the same movie so many times.

And the Captain America and Iron Man franchises are winding down. Peoples' contracts are expiring. They need to drop something in now to whet people's appetites for something new to comes.

But ultimately... nobody is going to be able to answer the question of WHY until after we've all seen Endgame.
    I wasn't suggesting that they literally make the same movie as the others, I meant that they actually gave those characters some development, but didn't with her. She's basically just really powerful and sarcastic. Even the Guardians of the Galaxy were developed without following the same structure as Iron Man and Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    What doesn't make sense to me is that they would take such a different approach, and why they were add her right in the middle of the two Avengers movies with such a big role. I would think that they wouldn't want to take the focus off of Iron Man and Captain America.

But they already have enough franchises to expand and could have added her a bit later. Why did they have to add her in between Avengers 3 and 4 and give her such a big role? That doesn't make sense to me.

Aren't they already going to make a lot of money from Avengers 4? Is whatever additional profit from adding her in really worth breaking the integrity of the continuity?
    RDJ & the two Chris's are making tens of millions of dollars per movie. Disney will "rest" them to introduce the next phase with CM as the top-banana. You can see it coming after next Spiderman. Lots of talk of Guardians 3, Widow solo, Panther 2, Dr. Strange 2, Shang-Chi & the eventual CM sequel. However, did you notice nothing as far as the "Big 3" are concerned?

Because the MCU is pushing other/future franchises. They can always bring back the Big-3 whenever they want/need too. The MCU is in top form right now.

Cap doesn't trade lives.
    Not others but he's been willing to sacrifice himself since day one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What are the chances that Hawkeye's daughter ends up being Kate Bishop?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Both trailers have me convinced this movie is opening up to the scenes of Tony and Nebula trapped in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What are the chances that Hawkeye's daughter ends up being Kate Bishop?
    Foreshadowing? Is that what they call it?

Incredible Member

The timing of the release of this trailer is suspiciously convenient coming as it does as growing evidence is reaching the 'Net that Captain Marvel's BO numbers are...shall we say "padded"...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    The timing of the release of this trailer is suspiciously convenient coming as it does as growing evidence is reaching the 'Net that Captain Marvel's BO numbers are...shall we say "padded"...
    Will the conspiracy theories ever end?

Ultimate Member

Does anyone know why Marvel decided to shoe horn Captain Marvel into the MCU? It doesn't make any sense to me.
    First $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Second $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ form VARIOUS folks

Third-you don't want to be DC where you pretty much allowed your company to be held hostage by two guys. With everybody else as an afterthought.

You build up variety over time and go from there. To where you can rest guys like Iron man & Cap America for as long as you want while Panther, Carol & others carry on.

And you jump start more careers without the pressure of them taking icon roles of folks like Iron man and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    Which is one of the dumbest conspiracies ever created in the history of conspiracies.

Cap doesn't trade lives.
    Other peoples lives but he made it clear hes willing to be the first one to lay on the wire and let others climb over. His entire arc has been heading here if Cap doesnt sacrafice himself it's to subvert expectations.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Will the conspiracy theories ever end?
    They'll end once the sequel's about to be released to make room for the next round of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They'll end once the sequel's about to be released to make room for the next round of nonsense.
    When did Dinsey become Evil? I coulda swore this wasn't a thing a few years ago or if it was it wasnt as prevalent on here atleast and places I frequent

spoilers:
    Given what the toys show they are editing Hulk out of the Quantem realmsuit scene.
    end of spoilers