Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    When did Dinsey become Evil? I coulda swore this wasn't a thing a few years ago or if it was it wasnt as prevalent on here atleast and places I frequent
    The corporate side has been seen as slimy at times mostly since Eisner. But the Disney has no originality, Disney is ruining IPs, Disney films are to Political, and all the conspiracy theories are all fanboys who came with the buying of Star Wars and Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The corporate side has been seen as slimy at times mostly since Eisner. But the Disney has no originality, Disney is ruining IPs, Disney films are to Political, and all the conspiracy theories are all fanboys who came with the buying of Star Wars and Marvel.
    See I didnt hear any of this untill like The last Jedi, or beginning of Fox merger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    All of the previous characters went through a similar arc and were added in a bit more organically. spoilers:
    That never happens with Captain Marvel. In her movie she basically is just given all of her powers and never breaks through anything. She succeeds in the end by simply removing her inhibitor and being more strong. In addition, her back story is very closely tied to elements like Shield, the Tessaract, while other characters like Spider-man and Dr. Strange weren't.
    end of spoilers What doesn't make sense to me is that they would take such a different approach, and why they were add her right in the middle of the two Avengers movies with such a big role. I would think that they wouldn't want to take the focus off of Iron Man and Captain America.

But they already have enough franchises to expand and could have added her a bit later. Why did they have to add her in between Avengers 3 and 4 and give her such a big role? That doesn't make sense to me.

Aren't they already going to make a lot of money from Avengers 4? Is whatever additional profit from adding her in really worth breaking the integrity of the continuity?
    Ant-Man's origin is closely tied into SHIELD- Hank Pym developed his suit and technologies while working for them, and they have to travel to the Avengers HQ to complete modifications in his first film. Captain America's origin film is built around the Tesserect as well, while SHIELD factors heavily into Thor's first movie. Honestly, Thor 1 and Captain Marvel 1 have a lot of similarities in term of structure.

It's like saying Captain America was shoehorned into The Avengers- he was introduced in the movie prior with a backstory we had never seen prior set in an earlier time period than most of the other films. Or Ant-Man into Civil War, introduced in the movie prior with a backstory tied into SHIELD with information we didn't know about prior. Or Spider-Man and Black Panther into Captain America: Civil War without prior introduction of the characters into a big, continuity heavy film that relied on the universe's history.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you watch her movie she has clearly been retconned into the MCU.
    This movie was announced back in 2014, and they've been talking about introducing her fully formed into the universe since Age of Ultron, so they've clearly had a solid idea for a while that her origin would be set earlier on in an unexplored space in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    The timing of the release of this trailer is suspiciously convenient coming as it does as growing evidence is reaching the 'Net that Captain Marvel's BO numbers are...shall we say "padded"...
    Where has there been any evidence of padding the numbers? The film has outperformed early estimates and done really well, and most likely, Disney/Marvel Studios released the trailer now to give Captain Marvel a second week boost while they're still taking in a large percentage of the theater's gross profit.
    Last edited by Zorkel567; 03-14-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

The timing of the release of this trailer is suspiciously convenient coming as it does as growing evidence is reaching the 'Net that Captain Marvel's BO numbers are...shall we say "padded"...
    You typed "evidence" but I think you meant "total BS from whining butt hurt haters who are desperately trying to make it seem like Captain Marvel is less successful after all their initial complaining had no effect on the box office"

Darn auto correct

Amazing Member

You're tin foil hat is crooked. What is this "evidence" that you speak of? Can you trolls ever just take the L and just accept that your whiny internet boycott failed utterly.

Ultimate Member

MCU Thor loves himself some badass women. He was fanboying all over Valkyrie in Ragnarok as well.

very good stuff in the trailer. Enticing enough without blatantly giving away a whole lot of stuff. Tony and Scott survive being stranded, no big deal. No Thanos at all, really, nice to concentrated on the heroes.
    we might even see some new villains created for this movie who end up sticking around. We've never seen the Masters of Evil yet.

Are we thinking Adam Warlock might turn up in this? Or more likely being held back for when GotG 3 is eventually sorted out?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This looks amazing, of course, but has there ever been a film that needs a trailer less than Endgame? I mean, I'm glad we have it but can you really imagine anyone being on the fence about this after the first part?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    This looks amazing, of course, but has there ever been a film that needs a trailer less than Endgame? I mean, I'm glad we have it but can you really imagine anyone being on the fence about this after the first part?
    I had to CALM down a man who was stressing over how they would all come back especially Black Panther in a store two days ago.

That movie didn't need a trailer. All you need was a date to be in the theater and that is all.

See I didnt hear any of this untill like The last Jedi, or beginning of Fox merger.
    That is because most of the trolls either tolerated, ignored or accepted what Disney was doing. The moment certain factions started yapping is when you see all this nonsense.

So any Chnace this movie passes Avatar and Titanic. I think the ship sailed on Avatar just because convincing CGI is the norm now. Even if you show us something completely new like Aquaman did visualy your still not coming close to Avatar.

nebula an avenger? outrageous!
    only with druid as her pet i can accept this!
    who is in the coffin steve carries?
    who is the blond woman with thor in the end?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So any Chnace this movie passes Avatar and Titanic. I think the ship sailed on Avatar just because convincing CGI is the norm now. Even if you show us something completely new like Aquaman did visualy your still not coming close to Avatar.
    Avatar got rereleased in theaters a few times which helps too

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    nebula an avenger? outrageous!
    only with druid as her pet i can accept this!
    who is in the coffin steve carries?
    who is the blond woman with thor in the end?
    The coffin was from Civil War and the Blonde woman is Captain Marvel.

I like that Ant Man is catapulted by a pencil. Is there a better cheap way to flick someone that size a long distance? I think not!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.