Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Nebula spent the LAST FIVE YEARS of the MCU as an Avenger.

I'm shocked Tony didn't build her a suit of armor.

https://youtu.be/JS0LIe1CDgQ

BANNED

Nova #1 May 1999
    "Starting Over"
    Enter the further adventures of Rich Rider, an ordinary college student who just wants to keep a steady job,
    hang out with his friends, and score the occasional date. There's just one problem: he's a hard luck super hero.
    Join Nova as he blasts into high-flying adventure and attempts to save the world--while he also tries to keep his life from falling apart!
    Issue #1 brings you up-to-date with the Human Rocket, fills you in on his origin,

reveals his status with the New Warriors, introduces you to his new supporting cast, and sets the stage for the electrifying events to come!

Written by Erik Larsen. Art by Joe Bennett and Armando Durruthy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Is she being turned into a hero?
    Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I sure hope not. Nebula is many things, but hero is not one of them.
    Very true In the comics the character had no qualms whatsoever in wiping out the Xandarian race.

BANNED

Exclamation Marvel Fan Makes Scary Observation of Thanos in Present Day MCU

In a recent post to the r/MarvelStudios subreddit, a page “ dedicated to Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole,” one fan reminded everyone that Thanos’ ship, the Sanctuary II, is still intact.

Wow! Then the MCU Captain Marvel is to be send to investigate to make certain that the Sanctuary II is still abandoned.
    But what if said investigation leads to the MCU Captain Marvel crossing paths with the MCU Nebula? Just like in the comics!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Nebula

by Dead-Jilly

Avengers #257 Page 11 Nebula First Appearance

(John Buscema, Tom Palmer) (1985) Comic Art

Captain Marvel

by Dead-Jilly
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 09-25-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Why is Marvel making all the comics I want
    Baby Thanos

Good for her.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This at least doesn't feel as egregious as the Yondu series given her prominence in Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This at least doesn't feel as egregious as the Yondu series given her prominence in Endgame.
    It's a little weird that Marvel waited so long to start capitalizing on these characters. The Yondu series would have made a lot of sense at any time between the release of the first two Guardians movies – but two years after they killed him off? I'm not objecting, but it kinda feels like they missed the prime time to launch it. The gap for Nebula is better – but it's still nearly a year after Endgame that this series is launching.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully this miniseries will clean up Nebula's origins and backstory, given the multiple conflicting versions we've had over the years.

She claimed to be Thanos' granddaughter -- until he came back from the dead and dismissed her claim as a lie, saying it was offensive to suggest he would ever sire progeny. Of course, years later Marvel introduces his son Thane, and established that Thanos had actually fathered dozens of children all over the cosmos (although he later hunted down and killed all of them except Thane). So the idea of Nebula being related to Thanos in some way isn't as impossible as Thanos originally claimed (although as I recall Eros did run a DNA test on her that didn't support her claim).

Then there was the story of her father that abused her physically and sexually as a child until she murdered him herself.

Then there was when she claimed Zorr was her father, and sought revenge against Nova for killing him.

More recently references to the MCU notion of Nebula and Gamora being "sisters" (in a non-biological sense) due to their connection through Thanos has made its way into the comics continuity too--despite Nebula and Gamora having never had any on-panel interaction at all prior to that.

So yeah, Nebula's backstory is currently a murky and contradictory mess. Some of the pieces could be reconciled easily enough (ie, the two fathers thing - Zorr could be her biological father while the abusive father she killed could be her mother's 2nd husband), but some clean up and clarification is certainly called for.

NebsComicJames.jpg

Endgame has been out for a while, but Nebs' role in the MCU seems to be far from over, so I'm very excited for both this comic and her future movie appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Hopefully this miniseries will clean up Nebula's origins and backstory, given the multiple conflicting versions we've had over the years.

She claimed to be Thanos' granddaughter -- until he came back from the dead and dismissed her claim as a lie, saying it was offensive to suggest he would ever sire progeny. Of course, years later Marvel introduces his son Thane, and established that Thanos had actually fathered dozens of children all over the cosmos (although he later hunted down and killed all of them except Thane). So the idea of Nebula being related to Thanos in some way isn't as impossible as Thanos originally claimed (although as I recall Eros did run a DNA test on her that didn't support her claim).

Then there was the story of her father that abused her physically and sexually as a child until she murdered him herself.

Then there was when she claimed Zorr was her father, and sought revenge against Nova for killing him.

More recently references to the MCU notion of Nebula and Gamora being "sisters" (in a non-biological sense) due to their connection through Thanos has made its way into the comics continuity too--despite Nebula and Gamora having never had any on-panel interaction at all prior to that.

So yeah, Nebula's backstory is currently a murky and contradictory mess. Some of the pieces could be reconciled easily enough (ie, the two fathers thing - Zorr could be her biological father while the abusive father she killed could be her mother's 2nd husband), but some clean up and clarification is certainly called for.
    Yeah, I kinda hope this series clarifies all the continuity issues with Nebula even if I won't be surprised if they just default to the MCU backstory.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I actually wish this would have been an origin story thing but I am still very excited to read it anyway.
    Baby Thanos