Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Her codename should be Spareparts

Extraordinary Member

I thought Nebula stole the movie. Definitely one of the best performances in the MCU so far from Karen Gillan.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yep, Nebula was awesome on Endgame. I'm really glad they gave Karen more to do after she was so neglected during Infinity War. I'm just confused about a certain plot point that I'm afraid isn't even going to be properly explained:

spoilers:
    She shot her past self and left her to die, right? Wouldn't that mean her present self would essentially fade away? And I'm not sure if ''different timeline'' can be an argument here, because look what happened to Captain America at the end. We saw him changing events of the past and that immediately had an impact in the present. That was kind of a big plot hole, IMO. I'm glad Nebula is still alive, but an explanation that her past self didn't actually die and they managed to send her back to the past would've been nice just to tie things up.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I had this discussion elsewhere:

spoilers:
    They made it clear that you can't alter your past. This seems to have been the case throughout. Steve returning to the past didn't alter anything that happened afterward - if he had, that would have created a branching timeline, but I guess he was just super careful. To be precise, Nebula shooting herself, by itself, didn't alter the timeline. What altered the timeline was earlier Nebula's failure to return to the past. But her death didn't alter current Nebula's timeline.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I think the idea may be that everything that happened in the past has already happened and you can't change it. So Nebula being alive now means she has always been alive, whatever might have happened to her past self. Just like everything we've seen Steve do happened the way it happened, there was just another Steve living a separate life and aging normally.

No, it doesn't make sense, but theoretically it explains why Steve didn't try to use his knowledge of the future to change what happened, because nothing he could do would change anything.
    end of spoilers

Edit: Didn't see Mike_Murdock's post yet when I posted the above, but what he said.

I didn't love Nebula when she was first introduced in the MCU, but I've come to love her and feel she's one of my favourites in the films. As for the comics, I was never really exposed to her outside of a few events or crossovers. How do fans feel she is represented?
    Last edited by Doombot; 04-27-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I had this discussion elsewhere:

spoilers:
    They made it clear that you can't alter your past. This seems to have been the case throughout. Steve returning to the past didn't alter anything that happened afterward - if he had, that would have created a branching timeline, but I guess he was just super careful. To be precise, Nebula shooting herself, by itself, didn't alter the timeline. What altered the timeline was earlier Nebula's failure to return to the past. But her death didn't alter current Nebula's timeline.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't buy that Steve didn't alter anything. How could've Peggy Carter's story NOT been altered by what he did, specially considering we know she was still mourning him and finding new love in the Agent Carter TV show? Even if he was careful to not expose himself to the rest of the world, that is one piece of history that was inevitably changed.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's possible the writers simply ignored the Peggy Carter TV series. It's true that they created the show so it would be weird if they did, but Feige is pretty adamant about not acknowledging anything that happened in Marvel TV shows.

I'm sure the writers have some kind of explanation for how Steve didn't really change history, but if they do it'll probably be in interviews and stuff, not in the movie.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    It's possible the writers simply ignored the Peggy Carter TV series. It's true that they created the show so it would be weird if they did, but Feige is pretty adamant about not acknowledging anything that happened in Marvel TV shows.

I'm sure the writers have some kind of explanation for how Steve didn't really change history, but if they do it'll probably be in interviews and stuff, not in the movie.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought about this argument too, but the ironic thing is that this was the first Marvel movie to acknowledge Marvel Television. More ironically, they acknowledged Agent Carter. James D'Arcy reprised his role as Jarvis, and that is something he had never done in the movies before. He had only appeared on the TV side up until now. LOL
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see what the directors/writers will have to say about this. They had so much explaining to do about Infinity War, I can't even imagine how much they'll have to discuss about this film.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-27-2019 at 07:07 PM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's also possible that Steve returned to Peggy after her show was done. I don't believe they were specific on the timing outside showing a few cars and music. Since I don't think they'll delve deeper into this in the future they can leave it up to interpretation.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't buy that Steve didn't alter anything. How could've Peggy Carter's story NOT been altered by what he did, specially considering we know she was still mourning him and finding new love in the Agent Carter TV show? Even if he was careful to not expose himself to the rest of the world, that is one piece of history that was inevitably changed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If he goes back in time to after the events of Agent Carter, then there's nothing inconsistent there. After all, she's no longer in an apartment in New York, but had a house in the suburbs there. My assumption is Steve always went to the past. When Peggy did her recording about how she met her husband, she's really talking about Steve. When Cap met her when she was old, she had Alzheimer's disease and didn't remember her past to tell him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Except that's demonstrably untrue.

spoilers:
    They didn't ignore Agent Carter since they included an actor introduced in that show. The only way that happened is if they are not ignoring it.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    It's also possible that Steve returned to Peggy after her show was done. I don't believe they were specific on the timing outside showing a few cars and music. Since I don't think they'll delve deeper into this in the future they can leave it up to interpretation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If he goes back in time to after the events of Agent Carter, then there's nothing inconsistent there. After all, she's no longer in an apartment in New York, but had a house in the suburbs there. My assumption is Steve always went to the past. When Peggy did her recording about how she met her husband, she's really talking about Steve. When Cap met her when she was old, she had Alzheimer's disease and didn't remember her past to tell him.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I just thought of that and I guess I can live with that explanation for that part of the story. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the whole Nebula/Thanos thing we had in this movie, though.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Except that's demonstrably untrue.

spoilers:
    They didn't ignore Agent Carter since they included an actor introduced in that show. The only way that happened is if they are not ignoring it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh, you're right, I forgot about Jarvis. Yes, the explanation that Steve went back to after the events of the series makes more sense.
    end of spoilers

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Deserves at least a mini-series solo after the role she played in end-game.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Nebula has such weird continuity that I wouldn't be surprised if my first exposure to the character was the version of Nebula that turned out to be Ravonna.
    Ravonna? Like the person the comicbook character Nebula will eventually become later in life? Just like the comicbook character Kang eventually becomes the comicbook character Immortus?