Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your Relationship opinions for mcu characters.

Do you think there are any missed love interests or certain relationships between characters that should happen or be improved upon?

Do you ever wish that two characters had a different relationship dynamic?

Is there two characters you wish got romantically involved or wish they never got romantically involved in the first place?

And who is your favorite POST SNAP COUPLE/TEAMUP

BANNED

Marvel characters romantically involved in the MCU:

Wendell Vaughn with Monica Rambeau

Anna Marie with Simon Williams

Hank McCoy the beastie boy with Bobbi Morse

Carol Danvers with Richard Rider

Shiro Yoshida Sunfire with Angelica Jones Firestar

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Lee View Post
    Do you think there are any missed love interests or certain relationships between characters that should happen or be improved upon?
    Eh, kinda wish that Mary Jane Watson was in the Spider-Man movies (although they have been doing fine as is). Also, most of the romantic relationships in the MCU movies seem really underdone, esp. in comparison to the non-romantic ones ones (e.g. Captain America and Black Widow, Scott Lang and Cassie Lang, the Guardians, Phil Coulson with Melinda May and Quake, Captan Marvel and Maria Rambeau). (Only ones that stick out in my mind as working pretty dang well as is are Ant-Man (Scott Lang)/Wasp (Hope van Dyne), Fitz/Simmons, and Peter Quill/Gamorra.

Do you ever wish that two characters had a different relationship dynamic?
    I don't know.

Is there two characters you wish got romantically involved or wish they never got romantically involved in the first place?
    I don't hate it, but I don't think Hulk/Black Widow does much.

And who is your favorite POST SNAP COUPLE/TEAMUP
    Probably Captain America and Black Widow, although Thor and Rocket had a good double act; all the other ones were broken in the snap or are MIA as of right now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wish the movies would've done better by Betty Ross/Sharon Carter/Sif as love interests then they ended up doing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

HulkWidow was definitely a misfire, especially given that Hulk lacked any significant appearances outside of the Avengers movies until Thor Ragnarock.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I like Hulk/Widow, and honestly was surprised no one picked up on it in the first Avengers movie, where yes they were already hinting at it, though it was prolly so miniscule that a minimum of a ship tease. The progress of their relationship in Avengers 2 was too fast considering both of them don't have solo movies where they could actually develop it. Better IMO to have dialed it back in 2, and have Banner or Widow realize they have more feelings for each other in their respective individual appearances in either Winter Soldier and Ragnarok, and finally post-IW/Endgame, they can have their moment of defining their relationship in a reduced roster that allows the movie to have time to actually focus on them organically.

But you know, now it's too late for that so whatever.

Wanda/Vision hinges too much on their long established canon relationship to be honest? Like it's automatically accepted in the MCU because it's just the legacy status quo and no one questions it. I liked how it's portrayed further in Civil War, I think that was a good way to showcase the development of their relationship + boundaries and what not. But timejumping 3 years into IW, and they have progressed further, but because IW was packed there was no one actually commenting on the ethics of their relationship, or anything? I was still wondering if Vision counted as an actual person or property of Tony in CW, and I'm still wondering about that by IW. It's been given significant screentime to be developed properly, but I have always wondered why absolute zero other people even comment on it. Like it's not even that they find it awkward, they just flat-out don't acknowledge it's the least bit weird, and that's weird in itself (he's AI, also technically 6 years old, both of them derive powers from the Mind Gem which may or may not have affected their attraction to each, nobody comments on any of this?)

Also I wish having Wanda around didn't make Vision the absolute worse MCU Avenger because he refuses to do useful **** or is utterly useless cos emotions or something.
    Last edited by Byakko; 03-14-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I like Hulk/Widow, and honestly was surprised no one picked up on it in the first Avengers movie, where yes they were already hinting at it, though it was prolly so miniscule that a minimum of a ship tease. The progress of their relationship in Avengers 2 was too fast considering both of them don't have solo movies where they could actually develop it. Better IMO to have dialed it back in 2, and have Banner or Widow realize they have more feelings for each other in their respective individual appearances in either Winter Soldier and Ragnarok, and finally post-IW/Endgame, they can have their moment of defining their relationship in a reduced roster that allows the movie to have time to actually focus on them organically.

But you know, now it's too late for that so whatever.

Wanda/Vision hinges too much on their long established canon relationship to be honest? Like it's automatically accepted in the MCU because it's just the legacy status quo and no one questions it. I liked how it's portrayed further in Civil War, I think that was a good way to showcase the development of their relationship + boundaries and what not. But timejumping 3 years into IW, and they have progressed further, but because IW was packed there was no one actually commenting on the ethics of their relationship, or anything? I was still wondering if Vision counted as an actual person or property of Tony in CW, and I'm still wondering about that by IW. It's been given significant screentime to be developed properly, but I have always wondered why absolute zero other people even comment on it. Like it's not even that they find it awkward, they just flat-out don't acknowledge it's the least bit weird, and that's weird in itself (he's AI, also technically 6 years old, both of them derive powers from the Mind Gem which may or may not have affected their attraction to each, nobody comments on any of this?)

Also I wish having Wanda around didn't make Vision the absolute worse MCU Avenger because he refuses to do useful **** or is utterly useless cos emotions or something.
    One thing about the MCU movies is how quickly they develop relationships off-screen and the audiences are supposed to believe in it, like The Avengers finally being this tight-knit team come AoU, Steve and Tony actually being friends by the time of Civil War, Wanda and Vision's romance going from him just saving her to them being flirting amid existential quandaries to being a full-on couple in Infinity War.

But I still find it weird Bruce has never brought up Betty once since he got Ruffalo-ed.

I imagine that Banner asking Thunderbolt Ross "How's Betty" back in CW would make people more confused than anything, so it is easier to assume Norton-Hulk as non-canon at this point, just like I think most MCU fans assume it is.

Heck I'm still not entirely sure how 'canon' it is beyond the same Thunderbolt Ross being in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I imagine that Banner asking Thunderbolt Ross "How's Betty" back in CW would make people more confused than anything, so it is easier to assume Norton-Hulk as non-canon at this point, just like I think most MCU fans assume it is.

Heck I'm still not entirely sure how 'canon' it is beyond the same Thunderbolt Ross being in both.
    I thought most people assumed it was still canon, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought most people assumed it was still canon, to be honest.
    If they watched it, then yes. The problem is that I don't think Norton's Hulk movie really wasn't seen very much by most MCU fans. I'm aware it existed, but never watched it myself because I thought it was a one-off Hulk film that maybe continued from Ang Lee's Hulk film, and there was no MCU tie-in to consider at the time. Mentioning Betty would be mentioning a character that most don't even know exists in the MCU at this point.
    Last edited by Byakko; 03-14-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Tony Stark was at the end of Hulk to tie it into the MCU though

I try to stay out of the whole shipping thing, because, in fandom anyway, that seems to lead to online gang warfare, but like everyone else I feel that Marvel did Betty Ross dirty. And, as a Cap fan, I feel Sharon should have been given more development and/or, failing that, I would have given anything to see either Bernie or Rachel on the big screen. I've enjoyed all of Cap's major relationships in the comics and think it's sad that most of the MCU people latched so hard onto Peggy (whom I've never forgiven for divorcing Steve because he gave up the mantle and wanted to be an astronaut during the House of M tie-in and that wasn't ambitious enough for her) and they'll never know how great these other characters were/are.

That said, I recognize that MCU!Peggy is a far better developed and more likable character than her comics counterpart. MCU!Peggy is pretty much comics!Sharon.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'd prefer if none of them had romantic relationships, tbh. It's not what I'm spending money on.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Eh, kinda wish that Mary Jane Watson was in the Spider-Man movies (although they have been doing fine as is). Also, most of the romantic relationships in the MCU movies seem really underdone, esp. in comparison to the non-romantic ones ones (e.g. Captain America and Black Widow, Scott Lang and Cassie Lang, the Guardians, Phil Coulson with Melinda May and Quake, Captan Marvel and Maria Rambeau). (Only ones that stick out in my mind as working pretty dang well as is are Ant-Man (Scott Lang)/Wasp (Hope van Dyne), Fitz/Simmons, and Peter Quill/Gamorra.

I don't know.

I don't hate it, but I don't think Hulk/Black Widow does much.

Probably Captain America and Black Widow, although Thor and Rocket had a good double act; all the other ones were broken in the snap or are MIA as of right now.
    For the last time, Michelle is obviously meant to be MJ. And before anyone says anything, none of the characters in Homecoming were like their originals. None of them!

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    For the last time, Michelle is obviously meant to be MJ. And before anyone says anything, none of the characters in Homecoming were like their originals. None of them!
    that's kind of a shame. i don't mind Michelle as MJ. but these latest spider-man movies are definitely for a different audience. and i love the updated Aunt May. but there was no nostalgia factor in it, for me. his sidekick definitely didn't need to be named "Ned." and Flash is just not very satisfying as a bully. it does not feel like the spider-verse.

p.s. they should ask Stephen Colbert to be J Jonah Jameson. i think he might have something special to add.