Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    So, now that Far From Home has been out for a while AND some recent developments, do those who feel MCU's Spider-Man was simply Tony Stark's whipping boy feel the same way after Tony wasn't physically in FFH?
    i dont but i can easily see some say they do. I think all they really want is no involvement with mcu in reality and now it seem to be the case
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So, now that Far From Home has been out for a while AND some recent developments, do those who feel MCU's Spider-Man was simply Tony Stark's whipping boy feel the same way after Tony wasn't physically in FFH?
    Honestly... it did feel that way. I still think that everything leading UP to Far from Home was exactly that. However, Far from Home really upped his game. He's solving problems himself. He's even one step ahead of 'nick fury'. I'm still not a fan of tech suits... but seeing him actually at the computer designing his suit was a MAJOR step in the right direction. It was a whole lot better than having Tony hand him a suit and then take it back whenever he felt like it.

He wasn't filing reports.. he wasn't checking in... He wasn't asking permission to do what he felt he needed to do... It was a LOT more 'Spider-man' in my eyes. Tony's ghost is still around... but more as a plot point than a driving force for the character.

But yeah... this development doesn't change the fact that it took FIVE MCU movies to get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i dont but i can easily see some say they do. I think all they really want is no involvement with mcu in reality and now it seem to be the case
    I wouldn't say NO involvement, Just involvement that feels in character with the traditional Spider-man. he's ALWAYS been about team ups and being part of the MU since he tried to join the Fantastic Four with his second appearance back in ASM #1. But he was also an independent character who may admire other heroes... but doesn't beg or grovel for their approval... and he makes his own tech. That was always a sticking point for me.

BANNED

Yep. Still do.

1) Spider-Man continues to devolve into being an Iron Man sub-franchise, what with Happy Hogan shaping him to be a Mr. Aunt May and a stand-in Tony-daddy for Peter.

2) Mysterio rather than the interesting character of the comics, i.e. a VFX genius, is basically a villainous Ditko who got stiffed by Stark-Marvel/Disney and the movie is propaganda for why Disney-Marvel is right to stiff creative people, because they become and terrorists.

3) Tony Stark and his legacy being the main driving motivation for Peter...egads.

Stark is just Uncle Ben 2.0 in the Spider-Man movies. He doesn't show up all that long, and what he says is fairly similar to the sorts of things Uncle Ben might say in a dream sequence.

One could argue he's a side-kick in Avengers movies, but Avengers movies are, at their core, about The Big Three: Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. Of course Spider-Man is a side-kick in those movies, because he is literally a guest-star.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yep. Still do.

1) Spider-Man continues to devolve into being an Iron Man sub-franchise, what with Happy Hogan shaping him to be a Mr. Aunt May and a stand-in Tony-daddy for Peter.
    I think there is a big difference there though. In Homecoming, Happy was constantly shutting Peter up and hanging up on him and treating him like a stupid kid...

In Far from Home, he's asking Peter what the plan is and following orders. For all intents and purposes Happy answers to Peter now... Peter calling for a ride was pretty much the only 'daddy' moment in FFH and when he got there Happy took the backseat while Peter worked out the plan and the costume all on his own.