Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Great bundle for a beginner.
    I took the plunge an purchased the $15 dollar bundle.

Since most of the material is new to me, I'm curious if there is an ideal reading order for some of it. Aren't Witchblade, the Darkness, and the Magdalena part of the same universe (more or less). If so, can I just read the individual collections independent of each other? Or is there a better approach. I'm open to suggestions from those who are familiar with the Top Cow work.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

March 2017
    Magdalena #1
    Story: Ryan Cady Tini Howard
    Art / Cover:Christian Dibari

March 22 / 32 pages / Full Color / T+ / $3.99
    The Magdalena has always defended the world from demonic evil, empowered by the blood of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene in her veins. But when a brush with death leaves her gravely wounded, Patience decides to seek out the next in the bloodline and train her replacement. The replacement, meanwhile, is having enough trouble with finding her purpose even without the whole holy- warrior gig
    Last edited by juan678; 12-20-2016 at 03:28 PM.

So, how about that Eclipse comic? I've been enjoying it so far. The first few issues appear to plant seeds that can explored later in the title's run. Hopefully this can join Postal and Think Tank as nuTop Cow hits (i.e. pass 10 issues).
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    March 2017
    Magdalena #1

The Magdalena has always defended the world from demonic evil, empowered by the blood of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene in her veins. But when a brush with death leaves her gravely wounded, Patience decides to seek out the next in the bloodline and train her replacement. The replacement, meanwhile, is having enough trouble with finding her purpose even without the whole holy- warrior gig
    Gonna get this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    So, how about that Eclipse comic? I've been enjoying it so far. The first few issues appear to plant seeds that can explored later in the title's run. Hopefully this can join Postal and Think Tank as nuTop Cow hits (i.e. pass 10 issues).
    I loved Eclipse so far. An unexpected gem.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I took the plunge an purchased the $15 dollar bundle.

Since most of the material is new to me, I'm curious if there is an ideal reading order for some of it. Aren't Witchblade, the Darkness, and the Magdalena part of the same universe (more or less). If so, can I just read the individual collections independent of each other? Or is there a better approach. I'm open to suggestions from those who are familiar with the Top Cow work.
    I'm not sure which comics they included, but probably it's the best idea to start from Witchblade and then move onto additional artifact bearers once they appear - i.e. The Darkness appears first in Witchblade #10, then Magdalena appears in The Darkness #15 and so on.

Anyway... So Magdalena is going to have a new protagonist... Interesting...
    Last edited by Paulie Blade; 12-20-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    March 2017
    Magdalena #1

Man, this solicit makes me super nervous. I hope Patience stays the Magdalena. She is one of the best characters in the Top Cow Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I loved Eclipse so far. An unexpected gem.
    Agreed. It's a fantastic book. I even double dipped and pre-ordered the trade to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    I'm not sure which comics they included, but probably it's the best idea to start from Witchblade and then move onto additional artifact bearers once they appear - i.e. The Darkness appears first in Witchblade #10, then Magdalena appears in The Darkness #15 and so on.
    Thanks! That's exactly the type of advice I was looking for.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    If this is canon, then I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong, I think the entire Talent Hunt concept is great, but it's confusing when the resulting books contradict the continuity and have this almost fan-fiction feeling about them. That being said, I still enjoyed the Hope one-shot.

Anyway... There's something that is itching me a little bit -- the fact that in Aphrodite IX v2 and IXth Generation (set in 2800s) we've already seen the distant future of the Top Cow Universe and we've also seen the not-that-distant (2100s? Can't recall exactly) future in Cyberforce Rebirth. It produces the feeling of futility, that whatever we see now in the new incarnations of Witchblade, The Darkness and Magdalena is irrelevant as we already know what happens next. Unless the Top Cow folks already saw it through and are planning another reshaping of the Universe which will discard the Aphrodite-future as well
    Well, I'm a bit of a continuity geek, so my story Weaponeer is fully set in present day continuity.

There is a preview up at Newsarama now so I can talk about the story a little bit; http://www.newsarama.com/32372-cyber...acts-0.html#s8

If you check out the preview, my story is the third one, you can see the first two pages of it.

I actually pick up a plot thread left dangling by Ron Marz in Witchblade #136.

Camilla Zhang's Velocity story is definitely set within continuity as well.

The first story by Kelly Bender, featuring Aphrodite IX, is a bit more difficult to place, but probably fits.

As far as I know, Top Cow is keeping continuity with the IXth Generation era. If you've been reading the CyberForce Artifacts series released exclusive on Line Webtoon, then you'll know that continues to set up later events in the IXth Generation.

If you haven't been reading CyberForce on Line Webtoon, it's available free to read here; http://www.webtoons.com/en/super-her...t?title_no=531
    Last edited by Pauul; 12-21-2016 at 09:37 PM.

New Think Tank coming in March:

EXCLUSIVE PAGES REVEALED FROM THINK TANK’S UPCOMING FIFTH ARC
    ANIMAL’s first issue arrives March 1st

Image Comics and Top Cow Productions are pleased to present an exclusive sneak peek from the upcoming fifth story arc of THINK TANK, the ongoing tech-minded sci-fi series from Top Cow COO Matt Hawkins and artist Rahsan Ekedal.

THINK TANK VOL 5 #1 Cover A (Diamond code: JAN170669) and Cover B (Diamond code: JAN170670), both featuring cover art by series artist Rahsan Ekedal, will hit comic book stores on Wednesday, March 1st. Final order cutoff deadline for retailers is Monday, February 6th.

Select praise for THINK TANK:

"THINK TANK grabs you from the very beginning and has you begging for more by the end. A must-have for anyone who wants something cool...and who doesn't want that?" —Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA)

"A potent metaphor for our country's entanglement with the military-industrial complex." —NPR.org
    ThinkTankv5-01_covA.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

BC reporting on a new Witchblade TV series at NBC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...rns-tv-series/

Pretty light on info though, so i imagine its early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    BC reporting on a new Witchblade TV series at NBC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...rns-tv-series/

Pretty light on info though, so i imagine its early days.
    If it does get made, I hope it's aired on Friday night to keep the show somewhat close to the material.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

All-New Member

Im a fan of the Darkness series. Too bad that it ended. I didnt like that ending. Im also reading Artifacts, but they need to explaij more about the other artifacts.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Semper View Post
    Im a fan of the Darkness series. Too bad that it ended. I didnt like that ending. Im also reading Artifacts, but they need to explaij more about the other artifacts.
    The Darkness is getting a reboot, according to Matt Hawkins. Unfortunately - not sooner than Witchblade and Witchblade is not coming out until next year, which altogether makes it a bit of a wait.