Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

mild IXth Generation spoilers (but not really cos its available in a publicly posted preview)

spoilers:
    Aphrodite. Has. Da Witchblade!!!
    end of spoilers

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...-aphrodite-ix/
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 10-02-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Angelus....... Jenny before darkness Fall Cronology

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhilokhus View Post
    I don't think it was ever said explicitly, but I suspect not. The closest would be Jackie's twin Capris, but she has only a small portion of the Darkness (although she seems better at using what she has). When she was introduced, it was noted that this was the first time the bearer had had a twin. So she's pretty unique. All the other Darkness bearers that have been mentioned were male. And I think they'd have to be to keep the line going - I mean, if there was a female host, and she died as soon as she conceived a child, that would also be the end of that child, right?

Going back to the current mess of the continuity, I'm pretty curious what happened to Finch. I was sad about what they did to Dani, as she was my favorite character, especially after inheriting the Angelus. No use crying over spilt milk, though, I suppose. It seems like they're setting up a sitch for Jackie to return (I presume he'll either be resurrected or the Darkness will find a new host) and find his eternal enemy to be Jenny.

I don't mind the one-shots in Artifacts, but it is a little disconcerting to read a story narrated by Jackie in one book, then go to Witchblade where he's dead.
    I also wonder what they are going to do with the Darkness host issue. Considering how Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force ended, I would think a new host would have to be introduced for the current continuity.

BANNED

I am so utterly lost with Witchblade. I have absolutely no idea what is going on.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So, are there any other Top Cow fans on here?
    I'm another. I haven't kept up with Cyberforce or Aphrodite, but I do like Witchblade. I just got Cutter #1 last night and I really liked it. The lack of color didn't bother me and the story starts off with a cool scene, don't want to spoil anything. Can't wait for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I am so utterly lost with Witchblade. I have absolutely no idea what is going on.
    Since Marz took back over it's been the Witchblade, Angelus, and a hint of Darkness. In other words, the usual. Magdalena made an appearance, also. I like Sara's new partner and hopefully she'll develop into a strong supporting character.

I like Rooney. But it does kinda make Dani feel redundant. What happened to her?

I think Dani is a detective for the NYPD.

Yeah i know, but shes vanished from the book. And with Artifacts ending...

...leaves a lot of characters in limbo with no books to put them in for the present day timeline.

All-New Member

Given that there's no reference to Dani in Witchblade, which is, if I'm understanding the timeline right, post Darkness Falls while Artifacts is pre-Darkness Falls, and given that Sara expressed no real surprise that the Angelus had a new host, things don't look good for Finch and possibly Dani as well. Am I right in thinking that the only reason the Angelus leaves a host is because said host is dead?

At least we'll finally get some answers in the next two issues of Witchblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhilokhus View Post
    Given that there's no reference to Dani in Witchblade, which is, if I'm understanding the timeline right, post Darkness Falls while Artifacts is pre-Darkness Falls, and given that Sara expressed no real surprise that the Angelus had a new host, things don't look good for Finch and possibly Dani as well. Am I right in thinking that the only reason the Angelus leaves a host is because said host is dead?

At least we'll finally get some answers in the next two issues of Witchblade.
    Actually, the Angelus possessed Finch in the old universe before Dani. So it's possible that Finch survive. Not likely, but possible.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Actually, the Angelus possessed Finch in the old universe before Dani. So it's possible that Finch survive. Not likely, but possible.
    Ah, that's right. I forgot about that.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I've just finished up reading Aphrodite IX and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to IXth Generation and have been thinking I should check out Cyberforce beforehand. Anybody think it might be important going forward?

wood4trees

Shinglepants, chances are their focus will be on The Darkness in IXth Generation and how he got there in the pages of Witchblade. Cyber Force got a conclusion of sorts in the Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force one-shot. I reckon Silvestri still has an arc or two up his sleeve though.

Generally Top Cow are too small a company with a limited run of books to centre their attention on Artifacts at the moment. Plus they've got their Discover Imprint and Talent Hunt coming up so I reckon their current direction is Darkness/Witchblade/Aphrodite and creator owned work. We will get the odd mini like Magdalena and Tales of Honor though.

OP/SiegePerilous02 the Aphrodite IX TPBs and the Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force one-shot gives you the relevant backstory of IX's creation but not IV's. I picked them up to prepare for Talent Hunt 2015 and got drawn into the world and art. By the end of it the cliffhanger had me hooked. The first five issues of Cyber Force should still be available for free on Top Cow's site if you're curious about numeral V.
    Last edited by wood4trees; 10-05-2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: paragraph spacing