Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Most of Marz's first run was collected in trade when I first got into this series, so it read fine then. But on a monthly basis, Seeley gave much more satisfying installments. Artifacts was just as decompressed. I think it was that, the lack of focus on any Artifact bearers aside from the Trinity, Tom and the Magdalena, and then the Talent Hunt fillers that killed the title. Ideally, I wish Seeley was still on Witchblade and Marz on Artifacts (provided he picks up the pace). Those plus Ninth Generation would make a kickass Top Cow universe.

I hope his upcoming Magdalena mini picks up on the threads left hanging from the "Truth and Destinies" arc, and at least includes Finn and the Glacier Stone. Glori would be welcome too.

I'm actually wondering if MAL Analytic is going to play some role in Ninth Generation. It was mentioned that they are connected to CyberData, responsible for acquiring mythical artifacts for them. I've only read the first Aphrodite IX trade, but I know CyberData is involved in the post-Apocalyptic world and the Aphrodite series. It would be cool to see a future version of MAL show up in IXth Generation.

Aphrodite IX is a great book. Do yourself a favor and get the rest of the series as well as the Aphrodite/Cyborforce one shot. IXth Generation looks even better!

I would love for MAL to show up again but sadly it seems like Seely's is being completely ignored. He tried new ideas rather than rehash the same old thing like Marz keeps doing.

Artifacts had potential but it was wasted with supposed build ups to Death of Jackie that never went anywhere. Would much rather have more focus on the actual artifacts. Though I will say I love me anything Tom Judge and Tilly. A shame the original plot for Artifacts #29 never saw the light of day.

Would be great to see Hawkins take on Witchblade or Judge but he says hes not much into supernatural.

Do you know whos the artist on Magdalena? I think ROM would be a good fit. The story in Artifacts #40 was cool.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Aphrodite IX is a great book. Do yourself a favor and get the rest of the series as well as the Aphrodite/Cyborforce one shot. IXth Generation looks even better!

I would love for MAL to show up again but sadly it seems like Seely's is being completely ignored. He tried new ideas rather than rehash the same old thing like Marz keeps doing.

Artifacts had potential but it was wasted with supposed build ups to Death of Jackie that never went anywhere. Would much rather have more focus on the actual artifacts. Though I will say I love me anything Tom Judge and Tilly. A shame the original plot for Artifacts #29 never saw the light of day.

Would be great to see Hawkins take on Witchblade or Judge but he says hes not much into supernatural.

Do you know whos the artist on Magdalena? I think ROM would be a good fit. The story in Artifacts #40 was cool.
    Interesting, I had no idea there was a change in plot. Can you provide a link? I'd like to read it.

What exactly happened in Artifacts #40, anyway? Did it have anything to do with the previous canceled Magdalena ongoing or the Truth and Destinies arc? Or is it something completely new?

It's odd that Hawkins isn't interested in the supernatural stuff but is including the artifacts in IXth Generation. I'm also awaiting the second Aphrodite trade in the mail, can't wait to read it.
    Agreed about Seeley. I was really looking forward to him having a long run, as long as Marz's even. But with Revival, Sundowners, Grayson, Eternal, the upcoming Effigy and the Chaos universe, he has a lot on his plate. Maybe that's why he left? A shame, with him on Witchblade and Marz focusing on the rest, we had everything covered, but now it feels like we lost two great books for one so-so book.

This was the original cover and solit of Artifacts #29:

Who is Tilly Grimes? A goth? A punk? A numeromancer? Partner to FBI Profiler and Rapture bearer Tom Judge? She's all those and more, gifted or perhaps cursed with the ability to glean the future from mathematical equations. Learn the truth about Tilly in a stand-alone issue unlike any other you've ever seen.

f937ba1a95dddf9c86d94571146aa832.jpg

For whatever reason #29 was changed and replaced with a Tom Judge one shot instead.

In Artifacts #40 there is a 6 page prelude of Magdalena by Marz and ROM. She fights a vampire who wounds her and tastes her blood.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Interesting, I had no idea there was a change in plot. Can you provide a link? I'd like to read it.

What exactly happened in Artifacts #40, anyway? Did it have anything to do with the previous canceled Magdalena ongoing or the Truth and Destinies arc? Or is it something completely new?

It's odd that Hawkins isn't interested in the supernatural stuff but is including the artifacts in IXth Generation. I'm also awaiting the second Aphrodite trade in the mail, can't wait to read it.
    Agreed about Seeley. I was really looking forward to him having a long run, as long as Marz's even. But with Revival, Sundowners, Grayson, Eternal, the upcoming Effigy and the Chaos universe, he has a lot on his plate. Maybe that's why he left? A shame, with him on Witchblade and Marz focusing on the rest, we had everything covered, but now it feels like we lost two great books for one so-so book.
    Exactly. I'm going to see how the first arc is in Witchblade after the Darkness issues before I decide on just trade waiting or dropping it.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Exactly. I'm going to see how the first arc is in Witchblade after the Darkness issues before I decide on just trade waiting or dropping it.
    I think the arc after Darkness Falls will focus on those two guys who drove into down at the end of issue #177 (or #178, can't remember). I hope they have something to do with past storylines, like Tau'ma, those rogue government agents from the "Fugitive" arc, the last guy from Irons' crew to drink from the Holy Grail, and/or that dude who summoned the demon in "Truth and Destinies."

Marc Silvestri is rumored to work on a Batman comic next year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/...r-convergence/
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Marc Silvestri is rumored to work on a Batman comic next year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/...r-convergence/
    I love Silvestri. LOVE. But not enough to put up with Batman.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I wish hed work on Cyberforce and get it back on track before starting yet another new project.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I wish hed work on Cyberforce and get it back on track before starting yet another new project.
    Isn't he just writing Cyberforce though? I thought he had a different artist.

Actually, is Cyberforce ending and being folded into IXth Generation along with Aphrodite XI?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Isn't he just writing Cyberforce though? I thought he had a different artist.

Actually, is Cyberforce ending and being folded into IXth Generation along with Aphrodite XI?
    Yeah, he's just writing, but writing takes time as well. Especially since he's also writing Rise of the Magi, running a company, drawing kickstarter sketches and making con appearences. Hes a busy guy which is why I assume Cyberforce is 4 months late. #11-12 have yet to come out and nothingbhas been said as to the books future.

Cyberforce has never really done well. Didn't the big reboot under Ron Marz fall apart, too? I wonder what it is about that property that makes it so hard to keep afloat.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Cyberforce has never really done well. Didn't the big reboot under Ron Marz fall apart, too? I wonder what it is about that property that makes it so hard to keep afloat.
    It's a superhero team. Superheroes is not what Top Cow fans are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    mild IXth Generation spoilers (but not really cos its available in a publicly posted preview)

spoilers:
    Aphrodite. Has. Da Witchblade!!!
    end of spoilers

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...-aphrodite-ix/
    More