Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

other teaser today

In top cow page is Free in pdf

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    other teaser today
    Magdalena coming March 2017! Tini Howard, Ryan Cady and Christian DiBari are the dream team!
    Last edited by juan678; 12-03-2016 at 05:43 PM.

So excited for the new Magdalena series to come out. I have my fingers crossed for a nice, long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    So excited for the new Magdalena series to come out. I have my fingers crossed for a nice, long run.
    I thought it was a miniseries? Either way, the return of the Top Cow Universe makes me super happy because it's definitely been missed.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Default Top Cow comics available on Groupees

Check out all these Top Cow comics available on Groupees: https://groupees.com/topcow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Yeah, a V appeared in Cyberforce Rebirth. Wasn't she wielding the Coin of Solomon? Could be something related to that.
    Aphrodite IV wields the Coin of Solomon pre-Rebirth, however Francesca Taylor is seen wearing the Coin during Witchblade #185.

Aphrodite V appeared in CyberForce and is getting her own series.

Aphrodite IV was last seen in Artifacts #13 after the universe reset, unless you count the version that appeared in the alternate future depicted in The Darkness: Hope one shot. This was set in a reality where Jackie Estacado never died.

However, Aphrodite IV will be reappearing, if only briefly, later this month in the CyberForce: Artifacts #0 one shot.

I hope you'll excuse the shameless self promotion, because the strip in question was written by me. It is a Talent Hunt Runners-Up book, however I did my continuity research and the strip has been drawn by Jim Towe who is the new artist for Youngblood.

So, it should be worth a look, even if it's simply because you'll get a chance to see Jim Towe draw Aphrodite.

I hope at least a few of you decide to pick it up on December 28th.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pauul; 12-06-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastboyonearth View Post
    Check out all these Top Cow comics available on Groupees: https://groupees.com/topcow
    Great bundle for a beginner.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pauul View Post
    I hope you'll excuse the shameless self promotion, because the strip in question was written by me. It is a Talent Hunt Runners-Up book, however I did my continuity research and the strip has been drawn by Jim Towe who is the new artist for Youngblood.
    If this is canon, then I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong, I think the entire Talent Hunt concept is great, but it's confusing when the resulting books contradict the continuity and have this almost fan-fiction feeling about them. That being said, I still enjoyed the Hope one-shot.

Anyway... There's something that is itching me a little bit -- the fact that in Aphrodite IX v2 and IXth Generation (set in 2800s) we've already seen the distant future of the Top Cow Universe and we've also seen the not-that-distant (2100s? Can't recall exactly) future in Cyberforce Rebirth. It produces the feeling of futility, that whatever we see now in the new incarnations of Witchblade, The Darkness and Magdalena is irrelevant as we already know what happens next. Unless the Top Cow folks already saw it through and are planning another reshaping of the Universe which will discard the Aphrodite-future as well

Its been a while since i read it but wasnt Cyber Force Rebirth set in present times - they just used those blinder things to hide their existence?

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

This is an excerpt from IXth Generation #1:

The Aphrodite Protocol was initiated in the late 20th Century in an attempt to save humanity from a predicted extinction level event that became reality in the year 2102 AD.
    I suppose Cyberforce Rebirth was when the Protocol was initiated, which means it was taking place in the late 20th century. So yeah, you are right. So if the revamped Top Cow Universe books take place in the present times, they should already take those events under consideration.

Aphrodite IX AND The Aphrodite Protocol TIMELINE
    http://www.cbr.com/aphrodite-ix-the-hidden-files-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Great bundle for a beginner.
    I agree. Soo many comics!

http://www.cbr.com/excl-hawkins-robe...gedy-of-dante/

Check out this interview with Matt Hawkins and Darick Robertson to promote the new Top Cow one-shot: Dante!