Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

I'm glad to see a return to the Top Cow Universe. I was afraid that it was dead and they'd instead moved on to the Hawkins-verse. Also, Stjepan Seijic quitting monthlies to do OGNs is also good news. He's Croatian so the monthly grind probably irked his European sensibilities.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Spectacular Member

hah! XD actually i'm turning to graphic novels because i have been having significant health issues, so graphic novels are easier to plan around and schedule

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    hah! XD actually i'm turning to graphic novels because i have been having significant health issues, so graphic novels are easier to plan around and schedule
    Let's hope that a reduced workload helps out. It sucks that you've been dealing with this for so long.

BANNED

oh... so sorry to hear this... i really like your work at Top Cow. Get well soon...

Just saw on Twitter that an Aphrodite V series is coming. Ongoing or mini, I dunno, but Bryan Edward Hill is gonna be writing it. I'm curious if it's tied to the current Cyberforce run on LINE Webtoon. Wasn't that the Rebirth model's number?

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Yeah, a V appeared in Cyberforce Rebirth. Wasn't she wielding the Coin of Solomon? Could be something related to that.

BANNED

I'm not fimiliar with the Aphrodite cyborgs ? (not sure if they are cyborgs) but i couldn't find the complete Aphrodite IX HC anywhere... so i couldn't read it, this is why i'm not fimiliar with Aphrodite concept... but so far i grabed First Born Deluxe and Artifacts Deluxe HCs Yay ! i have been away from Top Cow for a long time but i'm returning now. Once the deluxes and bunch of Witchblade TPBs which i bought arrive, a very heavly nostalgia filled reading awaits me. (i can't wait) i think i will get Darkness and Witchblade compendium 2nd volumes next. I couldn't find the first volumes anywhere with a reasonable price unfortunatly. :/ (please republish them Top Cow). I must add that Darkness and Witchblade are characters who have special place in my heart... they are the characters who have been created at my childhood and teen years, kind of my generations characters. I really liked them when i first read them at my teen years and early 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I'm not fimiliar with the Aphrodite cyborgs ? (not sure if they are cyborgs) but i couldn't find the complete Aphrodite IX HC anywhere... so i couldn't read it, this is why i'm not fimiliar with Aphrodite concept... but so far i grabed First Born Deluxe and Artifacts Deluxe HCs Yay ! i have been away from Top Cow for a long time but i'm returning now. Once the deluxes and bunch of Witchblade TPBs which i bought arrive, a very heavly nostalgia filled reading awaits me. (i can't wait) i think i will get Darkness and Witchblade compendium 2nd volumes next. I couldn't find the first volumes anywhere with a reasonable price unfortunatly. :/ (please republish them Top Cow). I must add that Darkness and Witchblade are characters who have special place in my heart... they are the characters who have been created at my childhood and teen years, kind of my generations characters. I really liked them when i first read them at my teen years and early 20s.
    Yeah, they're cyborgs. Aphrodite IV is the model involved with the Witchblade stuff pre-Rebirth, V is with Cyberforce post-Rebirth, and IX is super far in the future (it's a bit hazy whether the first volume with Davids Finch and Wohl is the exact same unit as the Hawkins/Sejic one or if the continuity changed slightly with Rebirth). They're generally tied to the Coin of Solomon, but just what that link is beyond bearing it is as-of-yet unknown.

Glad you're getting back into Top Cow! I fell out of it for a few months, but am currently playing catchup for the Eden's Fall crossover.

The Hawkins Aphrodite IX series is available in trade btw. And the story is directly continued in IXth Generation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Glad you're getting back into Top Cow! I fell out of it for a few months, but am currently playing catchup for the Eden's Fall crossover.
    what can i say, a fox always ends up at fur store... lol (i hope it makes sense. lol) what i mean is as a 90s kid comics book guy, i will always end up at Top Cow, Image lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    The Hawkins Aphrodite IX series is available in trade btw. And the story is directly continued in IXth Generation.
    There is no way that i'm gonna buy another Top Cow Tpb after Witchblade... the first trade of Witchblade just fell apart after i had turned 3 pages... :/ i'm still angry. The built of Top Cow tpbs are terrible. They are Image too but for some reason they don't get the same built as other Image tpbs.
    Last edited by Batarang; 09-09-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Spectacular Member

ah yes the year of wtf trades, i remember it well. we changed the printer since but , holy crap, that year was a nightmare,

here is a trade

and here

and there

and some behind the couch... shudder.

On the plus side Ive gotten into creating custom HC binds of comics these last few years and Top Cow sure do make it easy to dismantle trades with minimal effort ;P

BANNED

ah yes the year of wtf trades, i remember it well. we changed the printer since but , holy crap, that year was a nightmare,

here is a trade

and here

and there

and some behind the couch... shudder.
    So i was unlucky enough to get the old print but i'm scared to get another trade now... The witchblade trade just arrived today and fell appart in my hands so my pain is fresh lol That's also why i bring the subject up... i don't know, i guess from here on i'm a Compendium HC and Deluxe HC guy lol i heard great things about their built.
    Last edited by Batarang; 09-09-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Christian DiBari Teaser cover n 1 Magdalena February or March 2017

BANNED

Yay ! Magdalena !

We need hard cover editions of Magdalena. May be a Complete Magdalena like they did with Aphrodite IX.