Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

BC are reporting that a new Medieval Spawn/Witchblade series was quietly announced at SDCC...

Amazing Member

IS Top cow still a studio publisher and have any regular books coming out? Im an off the rack shopper and My LCS doesn't carry anything by them. they told me to check kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    IS Top cow still a studio publisher and have any regular books coming out? Im an off the rack shopper and My LCS doesn't carry anything by them. they told me to check kickstarter
    They're currently publishing at least the Hawkins-verse titles (Think Tank, Postal, Samaritan). And I believe new Magdalena will be coming soon as well as a reboot of Cyber Force.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    I recommend checking out Ecilpse. It's ongoing. Romulus was pretty good, but may be on hiatus because the artist is doing a Marvel project.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Amazing Member

As far as I know, besides Sejic's series and Hawkin's stuff. Top Cow is basically dead. The sites pretty much done for as well. Silvestri pretty much dropped/abandoned it. You knew it was the end when Witchblade and the Darkness were both cancelled.

So "apart from all the books they publish" they are dead, lol.

Amazing Member

They might as well be, I mean, I do love Top-Cow they had some good ****. Besides Silvestri at the time, Micheal Turner basically was the top guy in the label. But for a guy to literally allow his company to fall to pieces and doesn't even as much as care for his own website that's pretty much vacant is a joke. And, why in the hell did Silvestri need a kickstarter for just to do Cyber-Force just to kill the series off and not stick to his commitments to the fans? Like Matt Hawkins and Sejic are basically the only people keeping that label alive and it's sad, cause there's so many things Silvestri had going like Magi, and that got canned. What I wanna know is this, who was the guy who allowed the complete collection of Aphrodite to be published, but never collected anything else from any other series that were just as great? Top-Cow will always remain a mystery in some aspects, like how they promised to release Omnibuses of Cyber-Force and that never happened. I love almost everything Silvestri has done, even Artifacts, that was incredible. Ron Marz basically changed Top-Cow for the better and he's still one of my all time favorite writers. But ****, after he left Witchblade it fell to pieces. Once he walked off of Artifacts it was done. Artifacts, had, if not, the potential to keep going. And they killed it off over bad writers and artists from talent-searches instead of giving it to the professionals who actually do know their ****. Ron Marz basically built everything Top-Cow is now, and it's like since his departure, the label has suffered pretty dramatically. Silvestri needs Marz back.

Just cause theres a lack of Artifacts books doesnt make the company dead.
    They still publish 5+ books a month, have steady sellers and acclaimed books with the Edenverse titles and Sunstone. Always have a couple of creator owned books out, currently have a Magdalena book, with both Cyber Force and Aphrodite announced...

Just cause all youre interested in is Witchblade doesnt mean the books they currently publish are of no interest to others.

Amazing Member

To be honest, that's not true. Though, Cyberforce, Witchblade and The Darkness were their flagship titles. Aphrodite IX was amazing, although the first volume made no damn sense. But, still, that's David Finch's beginnings. Volume 02 was amazing. Besides Sejic's shortcomings. And, trust me, I'm not knocking his artwork. It was just really lack-luster on the second volume of Volume 02. If you compare the first and second volumes it's like night and day. Maybe, it was because they tried to rush the book out, who knows? But I thoroughly enjoyed that series completely regardless, even if the art went downhill. However, the Complete Edition of IX isn't really complete at all. The book itself is somewhat of a mind-**** as well. They put Volume 02 before they put Volume 01. I get Volume 01 was just whatever was on Wohl and Finch's mind that was put to paper and literally sold. But it was still great. In the Complete Collection book, Volume 01, should have been before Volume 02. Then in Volume 02 it collects, Aphrodite IX Rebirth Volumes 01-02, Aphrodite IX: The Hidden Files as well as the Aphrodite IX/Cyberforce One-Shot along with every single variant cover imaginable. But it's still incomplete, because the One-Shot shoots right into IXth Generation, which contains 8 Issues (with the second arc finished, then it was ready for the 3rd arc. But it never came out, it was just forgotten about). Along with these other issues connected to it: IXth Generation: Hidden Files #01, along with the Poseidon IX, Apollo IX, Artemis IX, and Athena IX One-Shots. Who knows, maybe they'll have a second HC collecting the rest of the series. But, I'd say Aphrodite IX was one of the best series Top-Cow had. And one, I literally followed until it finished. If what you said is right and Aphrodite is coming back, then maybe he's wrapping up IXth Generation, or, Hawkins is doing an entirely new series. Hopefully it's not some damn mini-series and actually a full length on-going. Though, I hope Top-Cow starts collecting older material in Deluxe HC's, that would be amazing.

For those not willing to give Bleeding Cool the traffic, Witchblade relaunches in December.

“LIFE AFTER,” Part One Gunned down and left for dead on a New York rooftop, Alex Underwood’s life should have ended there—but instead, at the moment of death, she became host to the Witchblade, a mystical artifact that grants the woman wielding it extraordinary powers. But the power comes with a heavy cost, and Alex finds herself thrust into the center of an unseen battle raging on the snowy streets of NYC. Demons are real and walking among humans, and every one of them is intent on taking out the Witchblade’s newest host before she becomes too strong to kill. But the artifact chose Alex for a reason, and she’s not going down without a fight.

By Caitlin Kittredge, Roberta Ingranata and Bryan Valenza.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Last edited by juan678; 09-19-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Very excited to check this out, even though I have never read Witchblade before. But I love the writer and the Top Cow Universe.

Loving that cover for issue 2, that's very Sara Pichelli in terms of style!

I am so ecstatic for the return of Witchblade. Roberta Ingranata is an amazing artist. She did a huge chunk of the Robyn Hood ongoing for Zenescope.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.