Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Picked up the first two issues of Rise of the Magi in an online sale and thought that it is a pretty fun book to read. Betsy Gonia's colors work better more on this book than Witchblade. Anyone currently reading this? I'm thinking about getting caught up.
    I've read Rise of the Magi since the FCBD launch. It's very underrated. With a bit of retooling, it's probably be a great Young Adult book they could market to teen girls. But that's just my unasked for opinion.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

What are all the books in the Top Cow Universe? I'm someone who loves comic universes, and try to read everything I can find of an entire universe..Is there a list with everything under the TCU since the beginning? Any help is appreciated..

Not sure where there would be a list, but off the top of my head;

Witchblade
    The Darkness Vol 1,2,3
    Artifacts
    Magdalena Vol 1,2,3
    Aphrodite IX Vol 1,2
    Cyber Force Vol, 1,2,3,4
    First Born
    Broken Trinity
    Broken Trinity 2: Pandoras Box
    Codename Strykeforce
    Hunter Killer
    Hunter Killer/Cyber Force
    Tales of the Witchblade
    Tales of the Darkness
    Angelus V1
    Necromancer V1
    Tom Judge V1
    Velocity V1
    Universe
    IXth Generation (upcoming)

Plus various one-shots.

Theres some that were part of the canon but no longer due to licensing, i.e Tomb Raider and Fathom.

And theres some stuff thats no longer canon due to the Rebirth, i.e Cyber Force Vol 1-3.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 11-03-2014 at 04:29 AM.

I'd throw in Ascension

Wasnt Ascension its own thing?

It had an arc featuring Kenneth Irons and references to the Witchblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Not sure where there would be a list, but off the top of my head;

Witchblade
    The Darkness Vol 1,2,3
    Artifacts
    Magdalena Vol 1,2,3
    Aphrodite IX Vol 1,2
    Cyber Force Vol, 1,2,3,4
    First Born
    Broken Trinity
    Broken Trinity 2: Pandoras Box
    Codename Strykeforce
    Hunter Killer
    Hunter Killer/Cyber Force
    Tales of the Witchblade
    Tales of the Darkness
    Angelus V1
    Necromancer V1
    Tom Judge V1
    Velocity V1
    Universe
    IXth Generation (upcoming)

Plus various one-shots.

Theres some that were part of the canon but no longer due to licensing, i.e Tomb Raider and Fathom.

And theres some stuff thats no longer canon due to the Rebirth, i.e Cyber Force Vol 1-3.
    Thanks for this...It's something to get me started, and I appreciate it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    It had an arc featuring Kenneth Irons and references to the Witchblade.
    Fair enough.

BANNED

Hey, just a question for you guys who seem to be hyper-knowledgable about the TCU; could you tell me which issues deal with the Witchblade's creation? I know it was the Darkness and Angelus boinking, but I can't find a reason why they made their truce. Just curious as to whether or not that story has been told.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Hey, just a question for you guys who seem to be hyper-knowledgable about the TCU; could you tell me which issues deal with the Witchblade's creation? I know it was the Darkness and Angelus boinking, but I can't find a reason why they made their truce. Just curious as to whether or not that story has been told.
    I haven't read all of The Darkness, but the whole history of the Witchblade thing didn't really come about until Ron Marz started his run on the book. Can't remember if Broken Trinity or First Born would be a better mini for you to start with. Probably Broken Trinity. But if the story of the truce was ever told comprehensively, it was in a book I haven't read.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The preview pages for IXth Generation have piqued my Top Cow interest for the first time in a while. It looks like it's going to be the major world building book from now on. Hopefully some of the long neglected Artifacts like the Wheel of Shadows, Pandora's Box and 13th will play a role. Though with our luck, it will be all Witchblade/Darkness/Angelus again, with the Rapture and the Spear making occasional guest appearances.

I really miss Tim Seeley on Witchblade. Rooney is kind of boring and a stand in for the much better characters of Dani and Big Woz.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The preview pages for IXth Generation have piqued my Top Cow interest for the first time in a while. It looks like it's going to be the major world building book from now on. Hopefully some of the long neglected Artifacts like the Wheel of Shadows, Pandora's Box and 13th will play a role. Though with our luck, it will be all Witchblade/Darkness/Angelus again, with the Rapture and the Spear making occasional guest appearances.

I really miss Tim Seeley on Witchblade. Rooney is kind of boring and a stand in for the much better characters of Dani and Big Woz.
    I too miss Tim Seeley's Witchblade. Laura Braga's art is phenomenal, but I'm just not feeling Ron Marz this run. And I don't mind Rooney, but she hasn't been given anything to do.

I loved Seely's run and was sad to see him go given he had more planned. The new run is decompressed and sadly a bit boring. Also, the page count has decreased but the price has increased. Not a very good trade-up.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Ron Marz entire damn run last time was decompressed, too. I loved reading it all in trades, but I can only imagine how maddening it must've been month-to-month. But I'm super excited that Darkness Falls is finally happening. It feels like Witchblade has been treading water since that mini fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Ron Marz entire damn run last time was decompressed, too. I loved reading it all in trades, but I can only imagine how maddening it must've been month-to-month. But I'm super excited that Darkness Falls is finally happening. It feels like Witchblade has been treading water since that mini fell apart.
    I skipped the last few issues of Witchblade cause I felt it wasnt worth it but Ill def pick up Darkness Falls. David Hine is great and his run on Darkness was fun. A shame it wont be released as an OGN like intended.

Does anyone know why they pulled Sejic off the project?

As for other books, loving Aphrodite/IXth Generation. Will be neat to see Aphrodite with the witchblade battling the darkness and led by Cuberforces Velocity all in Sejic art.That book has a bit of everything.

Really want Cyberforce to get back on schedule. Nearly 4 months late now. Is Silvestri so focused on Rise of the Magi or is it an art thing? And will the book continue beyond #12?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-