Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    It's a superhero team. Superheroes is not what Top Cow fans are interested in.
    Which is what I love about the new book. Cyberforce is no longer a superhero team. New continuity, new post apocalyptic rebel direction.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

All-New Member

I just picked up the first ten issues of Cyberforce. They are awesome. The new direction is great. It doesn't feel at all like a super hero team in the traditional sense. I hope it doesn't get dropped, because I feel like there are a lot of great concepts the title could explore.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wasn't Cyberforce ending and being folded into IXth Generation? Or is it just Aphrodite IX that's ending?

Also, what the hell happened to Hunter-Killer? They kept popping up in the Marz Witchblade stuff and played a pointless role in Artifacts, then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wasn't Cyberforce ending and being folded into IXth Generation? Or is it just Aphrodite IX that's ending?

Also, what the hell happened to Hunter-Killer? They kept popping up in the Marz Witchblade stuff and played a pointless role in Artifacts, then nothing.
    Neither series has ended. Cyberforce has just been delayed by 4 months for whatever reason and Aphrodite is being relaunched as IXth Generation after the Cyberforce/Aphrodite crossover one shot.

As for Hunter-Killer we havent yet seen what changes to them were made when Jackie reconstructed thebnew universe.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

IXth Generation More Preview

All-New Member

Are they still calling it IX th Generation? I heard they were changing it to Pantheon.

Still calling it IXth Generation according to Previews.

Any know if Postal is a mini series or ongoing? I can't seem to find any info other than the solicitation.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

BANNED

Bushido, does it have romantic or realistic view on feudal Japan? Do they portray the power relations and the repressivness of feudal Japan accuretly or it's more like Last Samurai with Cruise? does the thing feel Hideo Gosha? Is it good?

Incredible Member

During the last couple of days I've read the original Aphrodite IX mini by Finch and Wohl; the new 11-issue Aphrodite IX series, the new Cyber Force run (10 issues out so far) and, lastly, the Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force Crossover. SPOILERS follow so continue at your own risk.

First off, Aphrodite IX. I think Hawkins has problems with creating relatable characters. It's all pretty cold. Perhaps this is the point because we are thrust into the far future in which humanity as we know it now has ceased to exist. Nevertheless, I think the book doesn't do a great job making the readers care about the characters belonging to the two warring factions. So when the members of the IXth generation decide to nuke the Gens from orbit in the final issue there is little emotion.
    More than anything, this book is about big ideas and grand schemes spanning centuries. If this is your bag then I would recommend it. Think East of West meets Battlestar Galactica. As the story is slowly unveiled then I think reading all the issues in one or two sittings would be recommended. I would say that only now when we're entering the new ongoing (IXth Generation) have we moved past the set-up stage. At least in my experience you really don't get a clear picture of the storyworld until after finishing the series and the crossover issue.
    Speaking of which, the crossover issue does a good job connecting the original Aphrodite IX run with the new one and, therefore, I think it does make sense to read the original run as well if you're planning on getting into Aphrodite IX. Perhaps the only problem with the crossover issues is that it's not really a crossover as the two teams really don't meet in the traditional sense.
    The art by Stjepan Sejic is as great as ever and probably one of the reasons to keep following the book on a monthly schedule. There is an art style shift staring with #6 but I personally prefer it to the more photo-real look.
    I look forward to IXth Generation and I hope that now that the world has been set up we can start moving towards a goal of some sort.

Now, Cyber Force takes place in the same universe (only around 700 years earlier) and while it is tied to the story in Aphrodite IX, helping to flesh it out even further, the book itself is more focused on action and banter which I enjoy and wish there was more of in Aphrodite IX. The book got especially good once they introduced the villainess Killjoy. She's brutal,, funny, crazy and a complete badass. Hope she sticks around. The issue i have with this book is that we kind of sort of know what will eventually happen and the actions of the team might come off as, ultimately, insignificant. In any case, I will also be looking out for future issues and I'm hoping to go back to earlier runs even though they are no longer canon. Will post my thoughts on those later.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 12-15-2014 at 01:32 PM.

All-New Member

I've had the same feelings about Hawkins. I love a lot of the concepts of the future gen, but the characters are so dry. The Cyber Force characters have personality, it would be nice to see some of that in the IXth stuff.

Nebezial Ravine Tomo 3 Webcomic

ravine is turning into a webcomic first format
    same quality, same style, just, starting in 2015, book 3 will be posted page by page online first and as each book is finished it will be subsequently published in printed format

so there it is.

this is going to be my third deviantart account now XD it will take some time till i upload the first 2 books as i am reformatting them for an easier read
    Last edited by juan678; 12-21-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nebezial Ravine Tomo 3 Webcomic

ravine is turning into a webcomic first format
    same quality, same style, just, starting in 2015, book 3 will be posted page by page online first and as each book is finished it will be subsequently published in printed format

so there it is.

this is going to be my third deviantart account now XD it will take some time till i upload the first 2 books as i am reformatting them for an easier read
    I had a feeling Ravine would go that route. I bought the first two volumes, but nobody talked about them ANYWHERE.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I know Book 2 had issues surrounding its creation so I took my sweet time reading it when I finally got it. I'd still prefer it in physical form, even if it takes more than a year to release as with Book 2.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Incredible Member

Finished the 2006 Cyberforce mini by Ron Marz & Pat Lee. Firstly, I enjoyed the art quite a bit, but it seemed a bit rushed towards the end there. Some cheesecake and boobage but I'm okay with that. So this is obviously a very different version of the team compared to the current one in the rebooted series. The dialogue and action were fun but I didn't get a very clear sense of who these characters are. It felt like a reunion episode for long-time fans and actually read like the first arc of a new ongoing. Was this the case and the sales weren't just there to justify a continuation? Would have loved to read more about these characters and I'm really thinking about reading the old 90s series now. Next up, Hunter-Killer & Cybeforce/Hunter-Killer.

Is Cyber Force #11 ever going to come out? Looks like it says February 18th now on the Image site. It's been forever.