Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

So I picked up Witchblade 180-182 last week and Just read them. I have to say I'm a fan of David Hines writing, He's done some work with the Crossed comics, He was the last writer on The Darkness , So it was only fitting that he concluded the Death of Jackie Estacado. It would be kinda dim of me to pretend Jackie will never be back. Because honestly I'll be reading Witchblade more or less hoping for Jackie to be back. I don't know why no one talked much about WHOA Witchblade beat THE DARKNESSS. It was more or less another day in comic world. I guess right now with the Big 2 parading their mega events , this death sort of got missed.

Moving on to 182. I look forward to see what Ron Marz brings to the plate with Sara returning to New York City, where She originally is from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

September Solicitacions
    not Witchblade 185; In 2015 Witchblade 180-184

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    September Solicitacions
    not Witchblade 185; In 2015 Witchblade 180-184
    You got a link for that Solicitation?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    You got a link for that Solicitation?
    August 2015
    Witchblade: Borne Again, Vol. 3 TP
    story: Ron Marz
    art: Francesco Manna, Maan House, & Gabriel Rearte
    cover: Stjepan Sejic
    August 26 / 136 pages / Full Color/ T+ / $14.99
    After reliving the death of Darkness host Jackie Estacado, Witchblade bearer Sara Pezzini is tempted by an opportunity that lures her away from her duties as an upstate sheriff and back to New York City. But is the offer to work as supernatural enforcer for a powerful sorceress too good to be true? Even if Sara survives, her life will never be the same!
    Collects WITCHBLADE #180-184.

September solicitacions
    http://http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/remender-murphy-lemire-more-debut-new-series-in-image-comics-september-2015-solicitations

Top cow January- September 2015 publish Witchblade 180-184
    Last edited by juan678; 06-16-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Amazing Member

The "Tales of Honor" prequel came out. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    The "Tales of Honor" prequel came out. Looks good.
    "Tales of Honor" in general has been good. I know Top Cow doesn't do a lot of licensed stuff after the Tomb Raider thing collapsed, but I'm so happy they made an exception for this property because Honor is such an interesting character. And if they do a series of minis instead of an ongoing, I'd be happy.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I just finished reading the Aphrodite IX HC and I loved everything about it. The story, the art, the actual production quality of the book itself. Well done Top Cow & Image. This story reminded me of how much I love the Top Cow Universe and Hawkins did a great job of integrating the artifacts and Cyberforce in the Aphrodite story. I have not started reading IXth generation but I can't wait to see what role the artifacts will play in the book.

Witchblade 183 Preview

Hi all, I have been a Witchblade fan since issue #26. I am a huge WB fan, and just recently was able to buy issue 9 to 25 to complete my collection.
    But suddenly I find that comixology has no solicitations for any new witchblade comics past #182. and there is a comment about a september TP??? 180-184
    and today I see those #183 preview pages. Can someone tell me what's going on? when is #183 going to be released? or has the withcblade series been cancelled?????

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I just finished reading the Aphrodite IX HC and I loved everything about it. The story, the art, the actual production quality of the book itself. Well done Top Cow & Image. This story reminded me of how much I love the Top Cow Universe and Hawkins did a great job of integrating the artifacts and Cyberforce in the Aphrodite story. I have not started reading IXth generation but I can't wait to see what role the artifacts will play in the book.
    I thought it was great myself. Bigger than I was expecting too. Hawkins and Sejic were on fire! Didn't really enjoy the Wohl and Finch stuff though, that was new to me and paled in comparison to its successor though I guess it was cool to see where it all started. Hope they follow up with an IXth Generation deluxe, that's off to a good start too.

Just finished Sejic's Sunstone too. Damn, that guy is talented

WITCHBLADE #183 On Sale June 24, 2015;
    Witchblade 184
    Cover 184

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    WITCHBLADE #183 On Sale June 24, 2015;
    Witchblade 184
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I thought it was great myself. Bigger than I was expecting too. Hawkins and Sejic were on fire! Didn't really enjoy the Wohl and Finch stuff though, that was new to me and paled in comparison to its successor though I guess it was cool to see where it all started. Hope they follow up with an IXth Generation deluxe, that's off to a good start too.

Just finished Sejic's Sunstone too. Damn, that guy is talented
    Sejic is a beast! And a IXth Generation hardcover would be a must buy for me to go along with my Aphrodite IX HC. Actually I hope Top Cow releases more deluxe/omnibus type hardcovers. They have a whole bunch of titles that i would love to see get this treatment. I'm not sure how well they would sell but I would love to have a Top Cow HC library on my shelf.

BTW... Isn't it Witchblade's 20th anniversary? Has anything been announced for this grand occasion?