Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I really want to like this book, but I just can't. Nothing really is happening in this series, theres like no depth to it, its just bland. Though I'm quite intrigue on the Rich Ryder stuff I really wanna see him back.

Ultimate Member

I'm a huge Bendis fan but I must admit that he can't write a cosmic book to save his life.

I think it's time for a writer with more sci-fi/action inclinations to take over the book.

BANNED

Terrible , can't believe i keep telling myself it'll get better.

The 2nd artist was awful and not advertised, that's disgraceful.

Take Bendis off this please and let's actually have some direction and story!! every arc feels pointless and nothing moves along.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm a huge Bendis fan but I must admit that he can't write a cosmic book to save his life.

I think it's time for a writer with more sci-fi/action inclinations to take over the book.
    I think that James Roberts would be perfect for this book, it's almost blasphemous that one of the best space books out these days is about the transformers of all things, MTMTE is everything guardians should be.

Honestly this issue was not that bad, it could have been better but it wasn't horrible. I felt some things throughout this story was good, such as Peter starting a revolt against his father, Drax fighting Gladiator, Captain Marvel joining, and Angela and Gamora killing the Badoon. What I didn't like that Groot and Rocket didn't do much besides being experimented on and left to die on a desert planet, which I had hoped they would have gotten to do more. However my biggest pet peeve of this issue was Venom being left behind, seeing as he had only just joined the group. He's a character I really like and I honestly hope they go back to get him soon, because I don't want to see him left in space forever.

Can't wait for the next issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is the point of this book in general?

I mean, you can easily sum this book up in one sentence and you will miss nothing. There is no deeper meaning, no subtle things.

Team got back together except Venom.

Then end.

3.99 baby
    It's based a little on the Avengers, but using Aliens instead of native Earthmen. But you are right. They are hardly Guardians of a Galaxy. Those are big shoes to fill. Maybe it's tongue in cheek, that name, in that StarLord likes to big note himself, to make himself a target, because, you know, who is going to have to use that as a title? You use that name and people are going to say, "Oh yeah? Prove it ****wad". The best the GOTG could do is AIM to guard the galaxy in a general sort of manner. Be there and attack the threats they can handle. That's about as much as they can do, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawakaze View Post
    I really want to like this book, but I just can't. Nothing really is happening in this series, theres like no depth to it, its just bland. Though I'm quite intrigue on the Rich Ryder stuff I really wanna see him back.
    It's interesting Bendis used this book for Angela to appear in the MU. That was a really big deal. Now how does Angela get back to Heven in Thor and Loki when she couldn't before? In this issue, Angela is still in space with the GOTG, so somehow Angela has to transition from the space ship to Heven, in one easy lesson. This is going to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Terrible , can't believe i keep telling myself it'll get better.

The 2nd artist was awful and not advertised, that's disgraceful.

Take Bendis off this please and let's actually have some direction and story!! every arc feels pointless and nothing moves along.
    2nd artist was Oeming, and it was mentioned in the credits page.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly this issue was not that bad, it could have been better but it wasn't horrible. I felt some things throughout this story was good, such as Peter starting a revolt against his father, Drax fighting Gladiator, Captain Marvel joining, and Angela and Gamora killing the Badoon. What I didn't like that Groot and Rocket didn't do much besides being experimented on and left to die on a desert planet, which I had hoped they would have gotten to do more. However my biggest pet peeve of this issue was Venom being left behind, seeing as he had only just joined the group. He's a character I really like and I honestly hope they go back to get him soon, because I don't want to see him left in space forever.

Can't wait for the next issue.
    It was the Badoon who mentioned to Angela that the Baddon had an agreement with Heven, so killing the only ones who can give Angela a way back home might be a mistake.

As for Venom, I didn't get that issue with him, but did Flash get completely erased and now only Venom exists, because that thing in this issue on Knowhere, wasn't interested in meeting the GOTG, just absorbing them?
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-02-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It was the Badoon who mentioned to Angela that the Baddon had an agreement with Heven, so killing the only ones who can give Angela a way back home might be a mistake.

As for Venom, I didn't get that issue with him, but did Flash get completely erased and now only Venom exists, because that thing in this issue on Knowhere, wasn't interested in meeting the GOTG, just absorbing them?
    I have no idea what was going on with Venom, wish I could help.

As for Angela, I'm pretty sure Bendis just decided to drop that story idea because Aaron and Ewing are already taking care of her backstory and connection to Asgard in the Tenth Realm mini-series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

OMG! Is it a dream!? Or a Fanta See!? Is it a sign of the upcoming Apocalypse, that will destroy us all!? Oh gosh! I can't believe it! Bendis finally learned that Knowhere is a severed head of an Celestial!?

Thank you all, I know now that I can avoid picking this issue up and just wait until next month when the arc where they explain what went down between the end of Thanos Imperative and this current heartless incarnation of the team began.

I feel especially pissed they seemed to use Venom in such a lazy and weak manner, but then again, it is easy to tell when Bendis cares about a book he is writing. Over reliance on guest stars and big name characters with their own fanbases, Bendis doesn't care (his current GotG run, his previous Moon Knight run, arguably the last quarter of his Avengers run, The Pulse and anything he did in the Ultimate universe not related to Ultimate Spider-Man) . Taking the time to craft, unique settings and scenarios for the characters that he tries to develop beyond one note, (see Bendis on the X-books, Dark Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Alias and Daredevil).

I can only hope the success of the GotG movie and Bendis becoming tired of phoning it in, forces Marvel to get a new writer for the book once he wraps up his Original Sin arc and tells the story he claims to have wanted to tell since they brought the team back.