Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Many don't know that the Marvel books were not Conan's 1st appearance in comics, there was a Mexican Conan comic in the 1960s called Queen of the Black Coast...

from 1965...

a blonde Conan just seems so odd to me...

-M
    It's been some time since I saw these!

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    John Buscema and Ernie Chan for the win!

"Ernie Chua" at that time! LOL! Loved that early pairing even more than their later collaborations (from issue #72 on, I think).
    Last edited by pugbuddy; 03-18-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    John Buscema and Ernie Chan for the win!

Barry Windsor-Smith May have come up with the first Marvel version of Conan (and a fine looking version it was too) but John Buscema for me remains the definitive Conan artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Barry Windsor-Smith May have come up with the first Marvel version of Conan (and a fine looking version it was too) but John Buscema for me remains the definitive Conan artist.
    No slight to Buscema, but Frazetta will always be the definitive Conan artist to me. In comics, for me Cary Nord best captured how I pictured Conan from Howard's writings. Buscema's Conan was a bit too clean and super-heroish to really jibe with how I pictured Conan based on Howard's prose. Don't get me wrong, I adore big John's Conan work,and it was the first Conan in comics I encountered in the late 70s, but to me he is always the "comic" Conan and not the Howard Conan, but that could just be the Howard purist in me. I discovered Conan through comics (Conan #76 in a polybagged 3-pack with 2 other Marvels my folks brought home from the grocery store for me), but when I first discovered Conan in prose by Howard a few years later, it was a whole new ballgame for me, and Buscema's Conan just didn't quite jibe with what I found in the prose.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Avengers: No Road Home #6 was basically a Conan story, so make sure you pick it up. Despite the triple writer credit I'm pretty sure the issue was mostly Jim Zub's work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

June 2019 Conan the Barbarian Solicitations

SAVAGE AVENGERS #2

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE DEODATO JR. (A)
    Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY TOMM COKER

• The Hand has teamed up with the evil wizards of the Hyborian Age to summon a death god from a celestial hell.
    • The only thing standing between Earth and destruction is the Savage Avengers: Conan, Wolverine, Punisher and Voodoo.
    • Plus: Logan donates blood, changing one Avenger forever. And Conan discovers a dark secret squirming in a genie bottle.
    • Your new favorite ongoing series is knives out in its second chapter.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #7

JASON AARON (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY JOHN BUSCEMA
    Marvels 25th Anniversary Variant Cover by CARLOS PACHECO

THE MANY LOVES OF CONAN!

• There have been many loves of Conan’s life beyond ale and battle.
    • But nothing is sacred as the CRIMSON WITCH twists what is truly best in life!
    • PLUS: The next chapter in the all-new CONAN novella “BLACK STARLIGHT”!

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #6

MEREDITH FINCH (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by DAVID FINCH
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by MAX FIUMARA

THORFEL’S REVENGE FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!

• Brought to you by the creative team of Meredith Finch and Luke Ross, this all-new self-contained story springs from classic Conan mythology as Conan is led to death by the son of man he had wronged in the past. But stripped of his weapons, his strength, and even his wits, Conan will have to dig deep if he wants to live to see the dawn!
    • Plus: Continuing the all-new Conan novella “THE SHADOW OF VENGEANCE”!

BANNED

Avengers: No Road Home #7 - Preview

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Conan The Barbarian #5 - Preview

BANNED

Astonishing Member

The preview of Conan#5 looks amazing.Canīt wait to get my copy.

Amazing Member

Throughly enjoying all the Conan titles so far. The Barbarian storyline is particularly good.

Having been a fan who enjoyed the dark horse run marvel have kept the good times coming with these superb tales.

I know they have said the first 12 issues take us to Conan’s death but I struggle to believe that it will be his actual death. That would be adding something quite special to the Conan story. Either way I’m sure it will be great.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

I wish Marvel would follow up on Conan of the Isles. Chronologically, this graphic novel, along with Conan the Savage #10, where Conan's last appearances in the MU. He gave up his crown to his son and went on to find new continents to conqueror at the age of 60. Wouldn't mind seeing how MU Conan dies either.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wish Marvel would follow up on Conan of the Isles. Chronologically, this graphic novel, along with Conan the Savage #10, where Conan's last appearances in the MU. He gave up his crown to his son and went on to find new continents to conqueror at the age of 60. Wouldn't mind seeing how MU Conan dies either.
    I wouldn't mind seeing his elder son and heir to Aquilonia, Conn/Conan II get some mention and spotlight too. I wonder if he'll show up in the current Jason Arron series since a recent issue confirms it takes place in the later part of Conan's kingship where Zenobia already passed away, but before "Conan of the Isles" (Assuming Aaron's series doesn't bump that book off the chronology.)