Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Who is to say Johns would even want his old job back? I am sure after dealing with the utter buffoonery that is the WB head honchos he might just be happy to be done with their nonsence.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I want Johns involved in the sequel to SHAZAM! After all, he is presently writing the comic on the aforementioned character...
    Same!

SHAZAM! looks great judging by the trailers, too!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I like Geoff Johns and thought he got the shaft after Justice League, but this is a super speculative thread. With the thread title, I thought there was at least some meat to the idea.
    I don't know how I could have made it clearer that this was speculation than by putting the MIGHT is all caps

I would agree with most here that the chances of Johns even wanting the job back are slim, but crazier things have happened...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rector-1195066

Never say never they say...

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would agree with most here that the chances of Johns even wanting the job back are slim, but crazier things have happened...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rector-1195066

Never say never they say...
    Honest question: do you want Johns who take his old job back? Wouldn't a fresher set of eyes be better than the guy who was thrown over the bus twice over these movies, and who will come back with some bad habits (acquired trough no fault of his own, but still...)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Honest question: do you want Johns who take his old job back? Wouldn't a fresher set of eyes be better than the guy who was thrown over the bus twice over these movies, and who will come back with some bad habits (acquired trough no fault of his own, but still...)
    Does he stay away from Green Lantern? We don't need round 2 of I love you Hal Jordan books from him again.

He's better staying away from the mess. Get some new blood here that can do guys NOT named certain individuals.

If Johns even wants the job back, I think the successes he's had with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and, if the early buzz is to be believed, Shazam, show that he was the Kevin Feige that DC was looking for. I'd rather have someone who genuinely cares and understands these characters in charge than yet another clueless WB exec who thinks Batman, or movie like Batmen, are the only things that sell.

If Johns even wants the job back, I think the successes he's had with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and, if the early buzz is to be believed, Shazam, show that he was the Kevin Feige that DC was looking for. I'd rather have someone who genuinely cares and understands these characters in charge than yet another clueless WB exec who thinks Batman, or movie like Batmen, are the only things that sell.
    That's why I'm glad Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies success have shown WB that other DC characters can sell too and be different to the Batman Nolan movies.

I liked this video by Mario Flores, though he's too timid to not name WB are the true guilty ones because they make all the big decisions.. In case you didn't know, the Zack Snyder cultists call (and harass) Geoff an snake for betraying their fave director.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Ok, let me put it another way: if they offer this job back to Jonhs, but also o Jeph Loeb, Grant Morrison and Mark Waid, do you feel Johns is the best choice?

Because I believe whoever it is, it's gonna be a comics person anyway...
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I don't see why any of this would mean Geoff Johns would get his old job back, and quite frankly, I don't know that he should.

Geoff was involved in the production of some DC Films, but "Producer" in Hollywood can mean 30 different things. Stan Lee was "Executive Producer" of all the Marvel films, but he played absolutely no part in actually getting the movies made. It was an honorarium.

Now, I'm sure Geoff did more than Stan did when Johns was CCO, but I don't know if Johns is really any more invaluable to the process than, say, Joe Quesada is in his CCO role. When Feige got rid of Quesada, Perlmutter, and the rest of the Marvel Brain Trust on the movie side and isolated them to TV, things went along just fine.

Also, I don't know that Johns was made the fall guy because the producers of Justice League were Zach & Deborah Snyder, Geoff Johns, and Jon Berg. ALL are gone from DC Films -- not just Johns.

Berg and Johns had creative direction over the DC properties according to deadline.com (https://deadline.com/2017/12/jon-ber...ch-1202222300/), and both B & J now have producing/development deals with Warners, so they've been taken care of. There's no reason to bring either of them back.
    I wouldn't toot kevin feige's horn so completely. I was all for team marvel. Marvel movies were doing fine when perlmutter and quesada were involved. In fact their tv side,especially daredevil and jessica jones were great.

Having one character now become the face of the universe in an inorganic way that comes off forced starts to lessen the quality. Much like CM.

Geoff is a talented writer but let's be honest. He was involved in the GL movie. He isn't bulletproof either. I think it's best to have a roundtable of people.

If you don't, you end up like the star wars franchise where one person in charge has a narrative that harms the final product.

Get directors who can have an open mind and actually know the character and universe to at least a small degree.

Ok, let me put it another way: if they offer this job back to Jonhs, but also o Jeph Loeb, Grant Morrison and Mark Waid, do you feel Johns is the best choice?

Because I believe whoever it is, it's gonna be a comics person anyway...
    I don't think there's any guarantee that WB will choose a comics guy at all. As for a choice between Loeb, Waid, and Johns? Johns is the only good choice there since Loeb's work heading up Marvel's TV division has been pretty underwhelming, and Waid has absolutely no experience working in Hollywood (in addition to a reputation for not playing well with others).

I don't think there's any guarantee that WB will choose a comics guy at all. As for a choice between Loeb, Waid, and Johns? Johns is the only good choice there since Loeb's work heading up Marvel's TV division has been pretty underwhelming, and Waid has absolutely no experience working in Hollywood (in addition to a reputation for not playing well with others).
    Daredevil and Jessica Jones is underwhelming??

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    Considering S2 of JJ and Daredevil? Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    While each of the Netflix Marvel series had some absolutely great moments, for my money, all of them were at least 3 episodes too long. Even Defenders, which had a shortened season, felt padded.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but I haven't been impressed by any of Marvel TV's output under Loeb's tenure, so I would be very wary of putting him in charge of DC Films.

If Warner Bros put the Snake In A Hat back in charge of the DCEU again, it would be the definitive proof that they refuse to learn from their mistakes. I mean, after the Justice League fiasco, the fact this guy is still involved with DC movies and TV shows is something beyond my understanding.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison