Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    As long as it doesn't look like Steven Universe, Thundercats Roar, or High Guardian Spice.
    Huh?

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

My Hero Academia's current arc is basically the ultimate X-Men fanfic/AU, so I'll just get to that when it's animated.

But yeah, something like Castlevania, but with a better budget would be soooo cool. I still resent Netflix for having a bunch of badass vampire generals (japanese mist girl is best girl and you can't change my mind) only for them to do nothing until the last episodes. But I also understand the constraints involved.

I'll echo others with saying something like Young Justice YES PLEASE but something like the idea of the FX Deadpool where swearing and adult situation could be on the table? No not for the X-Men their message of tolerance benefits kids most and any animated X-Men should be welcoming to kids and if complex enough to hook adults would be a fantastic bonus.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, Young Justice is still very much a children's cartoon*. A good one if you don't mind Greg Weisman, but while it was airing on TV it still had to work with, and around Cartoon Network's S&P. They pushed things fairly far in terms of content, but as a show it absolutely didn't have the leeway that an "adult" cartoon has. Through the struggle they made a fairly decent show. If it didn't have to deal with S&P they'd probably have just added a swearing baby or alcoholic dog to the cast, and take it to the bank.

*In that it doesn't exclude them.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Something around TV-14 would probably be best. A show where adult relationships can be explored and a certain level of violence can be shown but nothing too extreme. Adult enough that Scott and Emma can have a mature and realistic relationship but not so adult that their lovemaking is luridly shown.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, I definitely agree here.
    I wouldn't mind a continuation of Wolverine and the X-Men with updated Young Justice style animation, just change the name of the show to Uncanny X-Men or Astonishing X-Men, or just something else. Bring Emma back in the first two episodes for sure. Spend half the time with Wanda and Lorna as they try to rebuild Genosha after the Sentinel attack. I think they could continue from where they left off quite easily and go right into the re-envisioned Age of Apocalypse story that they had planned for Season 2.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Just make a better version of the X-MEN anime. I liked that show
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I can agree with that. Or at least a version that lasts longer than 12 episodes and can really build up and delve into the world and characters.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    This, the anime had a nice tone.

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Something around TV-14 would probably be best. A show where adult relationships can be explored and a certain level of violence can be shown but nothing too extreme. Adult enough that Scott and Emma can have a mature and realistic relationship but not so adult that their lovemaking is luridly shown.
    As if maturity can't be conveyed on a PG13 equivalent. the problem is that Scott and Emma are nothing mature.

Maturity have nothing to do with a R rating. It was here or twitter someone said that pg13 movie and cartoons did had better maturity than the so-so adult cartoons

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This, the anime had a nice tone.
    Yes the animation was beautiful. I like watching it in Japanese language.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I can agree with that. Or at least a version that lasts longer than 12 episodes and can really build up and delve into the world and characters.

Unfortunately most anime only go 12 episodes..
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I would love for Marvel to produce a cartoon equivalent to Young Justice, and I think an X-Men cartoon in that vein would be perfect, but at the moment I don't think that's in the cards when you look at their current output or stuff like "The Offenders."

I don't think that's what the Disney+ "What If" cartoon will be either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, Young Justice is still very much a children's cartoon*. A good one if you don't mind Greg Weisman, but while it was airing on TV it still had to work with, and around Cartoon Network's S&P. They pushed things fairly far in terms of content, but as a show it absolutely didn't have the leeway that an "adult" cartoon has. Through the struggle they made a fairly decent show. If it didn't have to deal with S&P they'd probably have just added a swearing baby or alcoholic dog to the cast, and take it to the bank.

*In that it doesn't exclude them.
    If Outsiders is any indication, the only real difference without S&P would have been the violence (poor Halo), although that could just be case of the creators having the show "grow with the audience."

Amazing Member

Actually back in 2017 on Stephen Wacker Tumblr site her was asked this below:
    http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/159...-show-targeted

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This is what that FXX Deadpool thing was going to be. I was looking forward to it not so much for Deadpool himself but for the X-related characters that might pop up such as Domino, Cable, X-23 etc
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Huh?

10char
    basically they don't want it to end up looking like this

Steven Universe if you don't already know.