Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It would the other way if Marvel needs Namor. Everything they touch turns to gold. They are not in a position where they need to put their own fish man on the big screen to rival that success. I see a Studio like Sony scraping to see if Spider-Man got an Aquaman like character to make Bank from than Marvel.
    I agree Marvel doesn't need Namor. They may not ever use him. The point though is that Aquaman's success DOES NOT make it less likely, as as one poster said, ends any chances of it. It rather gives Marvel a reason to use him if they are so inclined.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I agree Marvel doesn't need Namor. They may not ever use him. The point though is that Aquaman's success DOES NOT make it less likely, as as one poster said, ends any chances of it. It rather gives Marvel a reason to use him if they are so inclined.
    Honestly I think it is far less likely now. The brand is the thing here. Confused brands can be a problem. How many people get Marvel and DC confused even now! It was IMO a very naive step for DC to push out a Shazam movie for example. It will just make people less interested not more.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Again, no sense. Not how hollywood works. The success of Aquaman makes Namor more possible. They may or may not, they have a lot of property for movies. But the idea they would shy away from Namor because another underwater picture was a hit is preposterous. It works the other way.
    I agree. We had almost a generation of films that were pitched as "Die Hard on a..."

Fantastic Member

What I'm about to say is unpopular and may cause a lot of backlash but here goes. Disney should've just cancelled the third installment of GOTG if the actors weren't onboard with a new director and if they were unable to find another director. Yeah, I understand that the tweets to some were ancient history but it seems that the ancient history rule is applied unfairly and varies depending on who the person is.

All this demonstrates is the hypocrisy of Disney and their lack of a backbone to stick to their decision. Instead they folded like lawn chairs and only rehired Gunn because of his buzz that he was getting as the new director of Suicide Squad. Yeah I know he's creative and a top earner for the House of Mouse, but from an integrity standpoint it's an epic fail for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    All this demonstrates is the hypocrisy of Disney and their lack of a backbone to stick to their decision.
    I think it's good to remember that this was one guy's impulsive decision, and while that guy was ultimately responsible for setting Disney's movie agenda and policies, it was not a decision that many in the corporation ever appeared to be behind.

What I'm about to say is unpopular and may cause a lot of backlash but here goes. Disney should've just cancelled the third installment of GOTG if the actors weren't onboard with a new director and if they were unable to find another director. Yeah, I understand that the tweets to some were ancient history but it seems that the ancient history rule is applied unfairly and varies depending on who the person is.

All this demonstrates is the hypocrisy of Disney and their lack of a backbone to stick to their decision. Instead they folded like lawn chairs and only rehired Gunn because of his buzz that he was getting as the new director of Suicide Squad. Yeah I know he's creative and a top earner for the House of Mouse, but from an integrity standpoint it's an epic fail for them.
    There are some reports claiming that Disney never even actually tried to find another director. That Gunn was never even fired. It was all a PR stunt so the trump administration wouldn't interfere with the Fox merger.
    The ATT-Warner Bros. merger tried to be blocked by trump because he doesn't like CNN. Gunn was always going to do GG3 after the merger went through. Letting Gunn go to Warner Bros. and letting WB announce that Gunn
    was going to direct The Suicide Squad was just to lend credibility than Gunn was no longer working for Disney. Not sure that could be called hypocrisy. Sneaky perhaps. But then the right bringing up decade old tweets
    to get Gunn because he was bad mouthing trump was a little sleazy too. But now everybody win. Gunn no longer tweets about trump. The fans get a GG3 movie. And Gunn gets to direct two major movies from two
    major studios.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There are some reports claiming that Disney never even actually tried to find another director. That Gunn was never even fired. It was all a PR stunt so the trump administration wouldn't interfere with the Fox merger.
    The ATT-Warner Bros. merger tried to be blocked by trump because he doesn't like CNN. Gunn was always going to do GG3 after the merger went through. Letting Gunn go to Warner Bros. and letting WB announce that Gunn
    was going to direct The Suicide Squad was just to lend credibility than Gunn was no longer working for Disney. Not sure that could be called hypocrisy. Sneaky perhaps. But then the right bringing up decade old tweets
    to get Gunn because he was bad mouthing trump was a little sleazy too. But now everybody win. Gunn no longer tweets about trump. The fans get a GG3 movie. And Gunn gets to direct two major movies from two
    major studios.
    Because the Trump administration cares about movies based on obscure superheroes....?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because the Trump administration cares about movies based on obscure superheroes....?
    Trump cares about people who say mean things about him because he is a thin skinned narcissist.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Making tasteless jokes and actually being a predator (like Jackson was, at least there is plenty of evidence for it) are two different things entirely.
    True. Regardless of how one feel's about Gunn and his ill-advised attempts at edgy humour, that was an absurd comparison.

Everyone who hires is free to hire whoever they want. There is no fairness or unfairness in that. These decisions aren't made by a single hypocritical entity. Just because employer A won't employ former ******* B doesn't mean former ******* G can't be hired by employer D.

All this demonstrates is that billion dollar business and integrity don't mix. They never have and never will. Old news.
    Live true or lie well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Making tasteless jokes and actually being a predator (like Jackson was, at least there is plenty of evidence for it) are two different things entirely.
    Yeah there was so much evidence on Jackson the FBI investigated him and found nothing. He was prosecuted and aquitted because there was so much evidence. People should educate themselves before talking.

Extraordinary Member

So James Gunn was never even fired?LOL. Wow major score for toxic masculinity here and Disney is looking real shady. Amazing how the ppl who couldn't forgive Kevin Hart and think sexy superheroines are an abomination can cheer for the success of a pedojoker. Bizarro world this is it the selective outrage and hypocrisy is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah there was so much evidence on Jackson the FBI investigated him and found nothing. He was prosecuted and aquitted because there was so much evidence. People should educate themselves before talking.
    I'm conflicted on Leaving Neverland. There is stuff that casts doubt on the 2 men in question but at the same time if this did happen to them its unimaginable so I dont wanna **** on them. I'm still undecided that Documentry was one sided and a little misleading but at the same time compelling

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm conflicted on Leaving Neverland. There is stuff that casts doubt on the 2 men in question but at the same time if this did happen to them its unimaginable so I dont wanna **** on them. I'm still undecided that Documentry was one sided and a little misleading but at the same time compelling
    Didn't see it but from what I'm hearing it was a documentary without documents and one of the main accusers was a Jackson supporter up until recently.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So James Gunn was never even fired?LOL. Wow major score for toxic masculinity here and Disney is looking real shady. Amazing how the ppl who couldn't forgive Kevin Hart and think sexy superheroines are an abomination can cheer for the success of a pedojoker. Bizarro world this is it the selective outrage and hypocrisy is stunning.
    These are different people with different views on different situations though. People mad at Hart form making homophobic jokes is are not the same people as the same execs who fired Gunn and no nobody thinks that sexy superheroes are an abomination.