Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Man, the next thing you know Kevin Hart is going to host the Oscars next year.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...33508657651712

Gunn shared some thoughts on Twitter.

Well that's cool but sucks how much of a delay this caused.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is with comic fans and making everything DC vs Marvel lol

It seems more likely they couldn't find a single soul to direct the movie and the board of directors saw the massive loss of money that was about to happen lol
    For what it's worth the article states they never met with or considered other directors. Granted that may or may not be true, but if it is perhaps the idea all along was to rehire Gunn down the line after the news cycle moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth the article states they never met with or considered other directors. Granted that may or may not be true, but if it is perhaps the idea all along was to rehire Gunn down the line after the news cycle moved on.
    Yea but you had directors publicly say they wouldnt do the movie when asked by the press. Also let's remember top to bottom Marvel did not seem happy about this, this was one of those rare moments Dinsey interfered with Marvel Studios.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

This is awesome news. I said before that while I didn't condone what James Gunn said, all that was needed was a simple apology and everyone could move on with their lives. There was no need to fire him.

I hope that this doesn't interfere with Suicide Squad. A great Suicide Squad film and a great Guardians of the Galaxy film would be the best case scenario for fans.

I would not be shocked at all if this is a reaction to how Captain Marvel did in the midst of an alt-right smear campaign. Maybe they finally realized that the people who tried to bring Gunn down didn't actually care about the tweets and they just are going to attack anything done by people that disagree with them, but they don't make up the majority. Maybe I'm optimistic, but the complete 180 is actually a genuine surprise.

I think Alan Horn was the only one who wanted Gunn fired. Keven Feige seemed shocked he wasn't consulted. Plus with the Disney Fox merger complete Disney doesn't have to worry about White House interference anymore.
    One of the thing that the right had it in for Gunn was his anti-trump comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think Alan Horn was the only one who wanted Gunn fired. Keven Feige seemed shocked he wasn't consulted. Plus with the Disney Fox merger complete Disney doesn't have to worry about White House interference anymore.
    One of the thing that the right had it in for Gunn was his anti-trump comments.
    Yea this is how I feel about it. The fact a couple director publicly said they wouldnt touch Guardians because that was Gunns baby probaly didnt help. But the stuff you mentioned is the main reason imo. I mean Gunn is the Cosmic guy I bet they also want his input on Eternals and he gets producer credit . But yea no one at Marvel seemed happy about what went down and Gunn doesnt probaly deal with Dinsey directly so I think everything goes back to normal. Just sucks SS gonna take so long cause now we looking at Guardians 3 around the time we due another crossover Avengers type movie. Maybe use Adam Warlock to set up another Event for a team up movie

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I would not be shocked at all if this is a reaction to how Captain Marvel did in the midst of an alt-right smear campaign. Maybe they finally realized that the people who tried to bring Gunn down didn't actually care about the tweets and they just are going to attack anything done by people that disagree with them, but they don't make up the majority. Maybe I'm optimistic, but the complete 180 is actually a genuine surprise.
    No, these things take months to set up before things can be announced. In this case I imagine there were lengthy contract negotiations between Disney and Gunn, including money matters (like how the severance package that Gunn got after being fired would be handled compared to his pay for GG3) and scheduling with The Suicide Squad. These things take time, and the article mentions the deal was already written some time ago.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

He should have never been fired in the first place, glad the powers that be came to their senses.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Hopefully this happened long ago that Bautista was mollified and will stick around and Drax won't be permanently killed off in A4.

This is a good thing. Not every episode of bad judgment needs to get the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Hopefully this happened long ago that Bautista was mollified and will stick around and Drax won't be permanently killed off in A4.

This is a good thing. Not every episode of bad judgment needs to get the death penalty.
    I guarantee Drax wasnt dying in A4. They would have had to do reshoots jsut to kill him off. I'd anything if he quit or got fired it woulda been off screen between the two movies. But again this was all Horn everyone at marvel wasnt happy and that's who Bautista works with. So I'm sure Bautista wasnt gonna quite and it woulda been more bas press and upset Marvel studios if Disney overstepped and fired him.

Ultimate Member

Good. His comments were definitely in poor taste. But they were made years and years ago, and he's been extremely apologetic since then. So I say, lets give him a second chance.

Also it's interesting that he's apparently still directing Suicide Squad 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Good. His comments were definitely in poor taste. But they were made years and years ago, and he's been extremely apologetic since then. So I say, lets give him a second chance.

Also it's interesting that he's apparently still directing Suicide Squad 2 as well.
    According to the Deadline article James Gunn will begin working on GG3 after he is finished with The Suicide Squad. TSS is scheduled to be released in August 2021, so Gunn will probably start working
    on GG3 sometime in 2021.