Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No, these things take months to set up before things can be announced. In this case I imagine there were lengthy contract negotiations between Disney and Gunn, including money matters (like how the severance package that Gunn got after being fired would be handled compared to his pay for GG3) and scheduling with The Suicide Squad. These things take time, and the article mentions the deal was already written some time ago.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I don't fully believe that the whole thing happened as long ago as they said it did, but it's not like this whole thing too place this week. I will say, I do think Captain Marvel may give Disney some peace of mind in showing that the general audience couldn't give a **** what the internet trolls think.

BANNED

Glad he gets to close out the trilogy he built. He earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Glad he gets to close out the trilogy he built. He earned it.
    Me too!

There's been talk they wanted Gunn to helm the next big crossover movie staring Star-Lord, Captain Marvel, and Nova before GotGv3 went **** up for a bit.

The did say Nova was "peculating" and coy answers about Richard being in GotGv3 but also another rumor that Carol will be teaming with Richard in her sequel to take down Ronan.

Gunn has expressed interest in Nova but so has Taika Waititi.

We're living a great time, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Me too!

There's been talk they wanted Gunn to helm the next big crossover movie staring Star-Lord, Captain Marvel, and Nova before GotGv3 went **** up for a bit.

The did say Nova was "peculating" and coy answers about Richard being in GotGv3 but also another rumor that Carol will be teaming with Richard in her sequel to take down Ronan.

Gunn has expressed interest in Nova but so has Taika Waititi.

We're living a great time, IMHO.
    I'm all for Gunn closing out the trilogy, he deserves that much. I do not want him or Waititi anywhere near Nova (Richard or Sam) I saw the first Guardians and just decided to catch the sequel when it came to the streaming channels. I saw the trailer for the Waititi's Thor Ragnarok and just decided to skip going to the theater and wait until it hit streaming, and I still can't manage to get through it.

Gunn and Waititi both represent the pinnacle of the Marvel House Style that I'm hoping ends with Avengers:Endgame
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Hope this's true; I don't think Gunn should've been fired in the first place. Looking forward to the third movie happening after all.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hope all the Alt Right Trolls who got him fired die of a heart attack over this news

Invincible Member

Good. Disney realized they made a mistake and fixed it. The public didn't care. The cast was pissed off. And someone probably showed the execs Mike Cernovich's wiki page...a guy who's whole schtick is trafficking fake news, smearing people he disagrees with politically as pedophiles, and was literally charged with rape ( he got it reduced to battery). Someone was probably like, "Why were we listening to this guy of all people?"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Batista must have gone to Disney's offices and did this

Can't say I'm very happy about this I really think GG needed new blood.....

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There are other franchises for people to put they're spin on. Guardians is James Gunns baby top to bottom. The Cosmic side of MCU is heavily influenced by Gunn and dont be surprised if just like infinity war hes a Producer on Eternals. They said they wanted him to be the Russos of the cosmic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    There are other franchises for people to put they're spin on. Guardians is James Gunns baby top to bottom. The Cosmic side of MCU is heavily influenced by Gunn and dont be surprised if just like infinity war hes a Producer on Eternals. They said they wanted him to be the Russos of the cosmic side.
    I loved vol 1 I just think he over did it in vol 2 the comedy was just to much in my opinion.

I loved vol 1 I just think he over did it in vol 2 the comedy was just to much in my opinion.
    That's fair enough, I liked vol 2 more but I get what your saying. Honestly i think it's just Yondus arc that I liked. More so then as awhole vol 2 is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's fair enough, I liked vol 2 more but I get what your saying. Honestly i think it's just Yondus arc that I liked. More so then as awhole vol 2 is better.
    Don't get me wrong I do like vol 2 It just had problems.
    Last edited by choptop; 03-15-2019 at 09:32 PM.

This is almost a whole other thread...

Don't get me wrong I do like vol 2 It just had problems.
    Vol 2 wasn't perfect (but the first one wasn't perfect either), but the movie still resonated with me. In fact, I think I end up putting it in my top 5 Marvel movies. Some of the humor didn't always land (mainly involving Drax), but it didn't bother me as it clearly bothered a lot of people. But, IMO, the movie may be one of the more mature Marvel movies tonally dealing with the complexities of family that you just typically don't see in a modern blockbuster.

It wasn't just the Yondu stuff. Every character (Well not Groot for obvious reasons and not Drax... because punch lines...) had some type of character flaw that they had to deal with in order to reach the climax of the film. I love both movies but Vol. 1 made me feel something raw and human, which is something I don't expect coming into blockbusters.

This video explains how I felt watching it for the first time in ways much more eloquent than I can muster.