Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It did sound like Gunn had all sorts of cosmic stuff in the works coming down the pike for the MCU.

That said, given marvel is getting all the FOX properties back I wonder if there's even going to be room to do a whole lot. Once they're pumping out Wolverine, Deadpool, and X-Men movies in addition to the stuff they already have (Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Eternals), I imagine their schedule is going to get crowded.
    You are way into speculation territory here. For all we know they will keep the production studios separate and not integrate X-Men except to occasionally do a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    You are way into speculation territory here. For all we know they will keep the production studios separate and not integrate X-Men except to occasionally do a crossover.
    Iger has plan out said Feige and Marvel Studios are getting the Marvel properties as having them under one house makes the most sense his words not mine even LSD said Feige will be in control once the deal is done.

Xmen and the F4 are coming to the MCU . Fiegie has talked about being excited to get all the toys back. Deadpool was suppose to stay where he was though because Disney wants to be careful with the branding of his character. But Feigie has supposedly already met with Noah Howley about the script he wrote for a Doom movie. Or so the rumor says.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Iger has plan out said Feige and Marvel Studios are getting the Marvel properties as having them under one house makes the most sense his words not mine even LSD said Feige will be in control once the deal is done.
    Ugh. Here is the thing. The X-Men rely on the fear and hatred of mutants to power their story. In a world where you already have the Avengers how frightening are mutants? If someone could fly, control the weather or walk through walls in a post Avengers world they would become celebrities. People would be tripping over themselves to hire them for their companies or endorse their products or join their armies. It makes sense to let the X-Men rest for awhile and then reboot them in their own world.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Interesting. I missed that one. Have you got a reference? I didn’t expect anyone to say anything quite yet and I also didn’t necessarily expect Feige to be given it either. I guess we need to wait a few days yet before we can get any direct confirmation, but Iger seems to be a very straightforward guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ugh. Here is the thing. The X-Men rely on the fear and hatred of mutants to power their story. In a world where you already have the Avengers how frightening are mutants? If someone could fly, control the weather or walk through walls in a post Avengers world they would become celebrities. People would be tripping over themselves to hire them for their companies or endorse their products or join their armies. It makes sense to let the X-Men rest for awhile and then reboot them in their own world.
    FF, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange all appeared before the X-Men in the comics and it's worked out pretty well.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Interesting. I missed that one. Have you got a reference? I didn’t expect anyone to say anything quite yet and I also didn’t necessarily expect Feige to be given it either. I guess we need to wait a few days yet before we can get any direct confirmation, but Iger seems to be a very straightforward guy.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...owdown-1145493

How is Marvel going to absorb Fox’s X-Men franchise? Is Kevin Feige going to oversee everything?

I think it only makes sense. I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Over on various subjects from last September including X-Men and Feige https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...owdown-1145493

How is Marvel going to absorb Fox’s X-Men franchise? Is Kevin Feige going to oversee everything?

I think it only makes sense. I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.
    LSD on handing the franchise over to Feige https://deadline.com/2019/02/new-mut...er-1202549615/

BANNED

This is very interesting news. First Mel Gibson now this. I am not sure if this a a white male thing (given that Michael Jackson is still being crucified), germane to the entertainment industry or just an American thing. Most companies I know here in Canada wouldn't touch Gunn with a ten foot pole after not only joking about pedophilia but tweeting about them---at at 40 years old. It's not as if he was some kid.Whatever the case is. I think I'm going to polish up my CV and apply for a job at Disney, since they don't care about professionalism or character. I can be a sleezball and keep my job!

People seem to fear and hate Inhumans, so fearing and hating mutants isn't much of a stretch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    This is very interesting news. First Mel Gibson now this. I am not sure if this a a white male thing (given that Michael Jackson is still being crucified), germane to the entertainment industry or just an American thing. Most companies I know here in Canada wouldn't touch Gunn with a ten foot pole after not only joking about pedophilia but tweeting about them---at at 40 years old. It's not as if he was some kid.Whatever the case is. I think I'm going to polish up my CV and apply for a job at Disney, since they don't care about professionalism or character. I can be a sleezball and keep my job!
    Making jokes even bad ones now makes you a sleazeball? Also those comments were made when he was working for Troma not Disney and trust me making comments to make polite society uneasy or flat out angry is probably part of their mission statement and thus professional.

FF, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange all appeared before the X-Men in the comics and it's worked out pretty well.
    Spider-Man, Dr Strange and the Fantastic Four isn't really asking much of the audience. Something is going to have to be done to up the stakes because the general movie going audience are going to struggle to figure out why Storm is feared and hated and Ant-Man is good.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Gunn did several films for Troma before he hooked up with Disney. Shock and gross humor is par the course with Troma. Canada doesn't sound like a place that likes to give people second chances.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    People seem to fear and hate Inhumans, so fearing and hating mutants isn't much of a stretch too.
    LMAO There are no Inhumans in Paul Feige's dojo
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-16-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Spider-Man, Dr Strange and the Fantastic Four isn't really asking much of the audience. Something is going to have to be done to up the stakes because the general movie going audience are going to struggle to figure out why Storm is feared and hated and Ant-Man is good.
    I think Civil War established a certain degree of fear for meta humans in general. Following thr snap, that fear potentially is gonna grow even more.