Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Civil War established a certain degree of fear for meta humans in general. Following thr snap, that fear potentially is gonna grow even more.
    Well that depends on how “the snap’s” resolution plays out (ie. Will the public at large even know it happened?).

One of the key points of this fear for mutants has always been the genetic element. In many ways it probably helps that the public have already seen what superpowers can do. Suddenly the possibility of your own family, your neighbours, friends or colleagues and most importantly yourself, could potentially become powered in unpredictable ways is the part that cements the mutant metaphor. Just think, even the most homophobic father could produce a gay son!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    One of the key points of this fear for mutants has always been the genetic element. In many ways it probably helps that the public have already seen what superpowers can do. Suddenly the possibility of your own family, your neighbours, friends or colleagues and most importantly yourself, could potentially become powered in unpredictable ways is the part that cements the mutant metaphor. Just think, even the most homophobic father could produce a gay son!
    Yup it's the fear of knowing anyone and everyone can be a mutant. And that they are the next step in evolution here to replace you. Cap is a lab experiment, Hulk an accident, Thor a God, Tony just a genius with tech. People dont feel like they are coming to replace humans, there I isolated events. I mean even with Thor as an Alien it's fine but who knows if Asgard finds a home in Iceland or wherever Odin died you could see Some xenophobia with Humans turning on Thor.

But yea even Inhumans are different but they could share a similar hate. Thought Buck ruined the Inhumans for atleats the next 5 years so I'm not gonna hold my breathe for Black Bolt and Namor being big parts of the next phase.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yup it's the fear of knowing anyone and everyone can be a mutant. And that they are the next step in evolution here to replace you. Cap is a lab experiment, Hulk an accident, Thor a God, Tony just a genius with tech. People dont feel like they are coming to replace humans, there I isolated events. I mean even with Thor as an Alien it's fine but who knows if Asgard finds a home in Iceland or wherever Odin died you could see Some xenophobia with Humans turning on Thor.

But yea even Inhumans are different but they could share a similar hate. Thought Buck ruined the Inhumans for atleats the next 5 years so I'm not gonna hold my breathe for Black Bolt and Namor being big parts of the next phase.
    The Inhumans are on Marvel TV hands so I don't see them ever making it to film.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Inhumans are on Marvel TV hands so I don't see them ever making it to film.
    Well its tainted for now but if Feigie says he wants to make an Inhumans movie I'm pretty sure Disney will side over him then the hit or miss Marvel TV side. Plus Feigie and the MCU are gonna be doing the Marvel stuff for Disney+ so honestly I don't know what Marvel TV is gonna be doing. Maybe just animated stuff and shows that are still running from before Disney +.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ugh. Here is the thing. The X-Men rely on the fear and hatred of mutants to power their story. In a world where you already have the Avengers how frightening are mutants? If someone could fly, control the weather or walk through walls in a post Avengers world they would become celebrities. People would be tripping over themselves to hire them for their companies or endorse their products or join their armies. It makes sense to let the X-Men rest for awhile and then reboot them in their own world.
    Honestly it would not be that hard. All it would take is for a few uber powerful mutants to go crazy and cause major incidents to panic the general public. If they all of a sudden had major events happen with say a Proteus or some others and the news started spinning and painting mutants as the "scary invisible threat that could be living right next door" it would not be hard to create that hated and feared atmosphere. Plus most of the Marvel heroes now in the movies were created through science or technology which I think the general public has more of an understanding of while mutations are just so random and can happen to anyone so that would definitely scare people because there is no way to predict it.

I am with you honestly where in theory they would work better on their own Earth, but there is now way Disney is going to let that happen.

BANNED

Well its tainted for now but if Feigie says he wants to make an Inhumans movie I'm pretty sure Disney will side over him then the hit or miss Marvel TV side. Plus Feigie and the MCU are gonna be doing the Marvel stuff for Disney+ so honestly I don't know what Marvel TV is gonna be doing. Maybe just animated stuff and shows that are still running from before Disney +.
    I think Namor can still be a part of the future, but I think the Inhumans are dead as any major part of the future of MCU. Maybe a small part, an animated role, a role in the Loki series at some point, etc. But it's best if they are nowhere near the same stories as the X-men. And we know which brand is going to get the A-level push once the opportunity exists.

There are some shows they pitched to ABC which we still haven't heard any upgrades from. Disney+ could pick up the New Warriors show since Freeform dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think Namor can still be a part of the future, but I think the Inhumans are dead as any major part of the future of MCU. Maybe a small part, an animated role, a role in the Loki series at some point, etc. But it's best if they are nowhere near the same stories as the X-men. And we know which brand is going to get the A-level push once the opportunity exists.
    I think the success of Aquaman has killed any chance of a Namor movie for a generation. I don't even see the character getting a made for Disney+ animated movie.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think the success of Aquaman has killed any chance of a Namor movie for a generation. I don't even see the character getting a made for Disney+ animated movie.
    That makes no sense.Movie studios love to copy success.
    if DC's underwater guy was a hit, Marvel's underwater guy should work.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Marvel is a market leader. Following the leader is the worst thing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    This is very interesting news. First Mel Gibson now this. I am not sure if this a a white male thing (given that Michael Jackson is still being crucified), germane to the entertainment industry or just an American thing. Most companies I know here in Canada wouldn't touch Gunn with a ten foot pole after not only joking about pedophilia but tweeting about them---at at 40 years old. It's not as if he was some kid.Whatever the case is. I think I'm going to polish up my CV and apply for a job at Disney, since they don't care about professionalism or character. I can be a sleezball and keep my job!
    Making tasteless jokes and actually being a predator (like Jackson was, at least there is plenty of evidence for it) are two different things entirely.

BANNED

There is nothing in common with these two guys except "under water."

Marvel, long with Warners and every other studio, has copied the action adventure formula first popularized by Schwarzzeneggar, but in most respects have elevated their films to the thing that other people are trying to copy. I haven't seen Aquaman, but based on what I'm hearing it seems Warner's has finally figured it out, at least partly. I suspect SHAZAM! will find it's own footing, slightly deviating from Marvel. Seems like sort of a cross between one of the good Thor movies and Guardians of the Galaxy. And I mean that in the very best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Marvel is a market leader. Following the leader is the worst thing they can do.
    Again, no sense. Not how hollywood works. The success of Aquaman makes Namor more possible. They may or may not, they have a lot of property for movies. But the idea they would shy away from Namor because another underwater picture was a hit is preposterous. It works the other way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Again, no sense. Not how hollywood works. The success of Aquaman makes Namor more possible. They may or may not, they have a lot of property for movies. But the idea they would shy away from Namor because another underwater picture was a hit is preposterous. It works the other way.
    It would the other way if Marvel needs Namor. Everything they touch turns to gold. They are not in a position where they need to put their own fish man on the big screen to rival that success. I see a Studio like Sony scraping to see if Spider-Man got an Aquaman like character to make Bank from than Marvel.