Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how close the combination of the 4 minis...

... come to the total of Uncanny's 2 issues together. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Uncanny is definitely the winner...
    NOPE, it's...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Uncanny X-Men 12 68,636
    Uncanny X-Men 11 66,962

Age of X-Man Marvelous X-Men 1 42,021
    Age of X-Man Amazing Nightcrawler 1 32,180
    Age of X-Man Nextgen 1 32,059
    Age of X-Man X-Tremists 1 30,737
    Uncanny = 135,598
    AoXM = 136,997

... by a nose!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Whats that supossed to mean?
    I assume you meant counterprogramming:

• marketing strategy to distribute something that appeals to audience demographics not targeted by another
    • making something available at the same time as something else that contrasts with it

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This data feels pretty skewed. Sure it’s presenting the top sellers but not only is it only showing one week in March but only for Marvel only giving a fraction of the larger picture. Do you have the overall top sellers for February so we can compare the digital and physical rankings?
    Not readily, and not sure it's even available. They're probably pretty close, if not eXactly identical.

I only posted/screenshot that anyway, to evidence AoXM might be gaining steam, as both Marvel & ComiXology showed a slight uptick for those books over the days since their release.

BANNED

Deadpool 31,332
    Black Panther vs Deadpool 19,699
    Spider-Man/Deadpool 17,828
    DP total =68,859

Wolverine Infinity Watch 61,123
    Return of Wolverine 59,313
    Hulkverines 38,477
    Dead Man Logan 30,497
    Marvel Comics Presents 19,457
    Wolverine Long Night Adaptation 19,251
    Wolverine total = 228,118

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    31 /34 / Age of X-Man Marvelous X-Men 1 $3.99 02/06/19 Marvel 42,021

For a marvel event it is very weak in sales...
    Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Honestly? For a bunch of AU mini-series, these aren't terrible numbers. And, Marvelous X-Men aside, they're not very far below where I'd expect books with similar rosters and creative teams to appear if they were part of the 616/prime/wtf-ever we're calling it these days continuity. Heck, Amazing Nightcrawler debuted only 3K below where Claremont's solo series did.
    ... a main series that boasts Jean, Magneto, Storm, X-23, & Colossus as its biggest names, 2 other team titles with Psylocke/Iceman/Jubilee as the same + a New/Young book, and a Nightcrawler solo. All of which are immersed in the apparently polarizing, aforementioned AU event, centered around one Nate Grey/X-Man. ...
    ... Anduinel is RIGHT! And the fact that they actually are AU, makes their performance even that much more impressive.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post

Wolverine Infinity Watch 61,123
    Hulkverines 38,477
    Dead Man Logan 30,497
    Beautiful, it always makes me laught how so many people here love to hate Wolverine and act like he is worst thing ever yet he sells more than almost everybody else combined.

thank god marvel doesn't pay attention to the haters.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-18-2019 at 05:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    ... Wolverine Infinity Watch 61,123
    Hulkverines 38,477
    Dead Man Logan 30,497
    CURSE you, Logan-san, and your unassailable sales clout!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Come on, there's nothing IMPRESSIVE about AoXM's performance, lol. It's doing okay. Ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You act like the numbers would be much higher if the older Cable was on this. He's my second favorite character but I doubt it
    Except I didn't say anything about Cable's selling power. Merely mocking the x-office's hilariously misguided attempt to make another time-displaced teenage version of a classic character happen without the stars being properly aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Boom-Boom is cucked in all of the book's marketing, which is basically committing financial seppuku, tbh.
    Awww. Not a Stryfe believer?

BANNED

Wolverine is the best and most beloved, it'll always be like that, no matter what virtue signalling X-Men twitter or those stupid podcasts think

acf1488e4350ca1e328718e07e9a7da5.jpg

Venom sold more than Spider-Man this month, now i had seen everything.

As for the rest, yeah, nothing very impresive, but is in an acceptable level.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    The original age of Apocalypse sold because speculation and because the whole line was replaced with it, now we've got cyclops and Wolvie kicking ass and taking names so why bother with an AU?
    For people who aren't interested or invested in Cyclops and Wolverine, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Beautiful, it always makes me laught how so many people here love to hate Wolverine and act like he is worst thing ever yet he sells more than almost everybody else combined.

thank god marvel doesn't pay attention to the haters.
    Maybe if Marvel cared more to promote the others characters instead of the same for decades, we wouldn't see 394840958 wolverine books per month

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Maybe if Marvel cared more to promote the others characters instead of the same for decades, we wouldn't see 394840958 wolverine books per month
    Agreed. Wolverine isn't any better than numerous other characters. What he has that others don't is tons of fanboy writers. lol Let some other characters really develop & flourish and they could be sellers as well.

Any character is like that. It's not the character that's bad, it's writers who fail at making them interesting. So then they conclude it's the characters who aren't good, and that they need to go back to focusing on the same old one for quick cash grabs.

... Anduinel is RIGHT! And the fact that they actually are AU, makes their performance even that much more impressive.
    I wouldn't say "impressive". They're good for what they are, but not exactly blowing the roof off. A 30K debut still indicates a book that would probably get chopped after the first arc, but since none of these books was ever intended to last more than one arc by design, not so bad. I'm sure Marvel would have liked to see higher numbers, but I don't expect that anyone at the X-Office was weeping into their morning coffee at these pre-orders either.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-18-2019 at 06:23 PM.

They have, Jean, Storm, Cyclops and Iceman were promoted and given solid creative teams, many fans fans of those characters actually enjoyed it and as far i remember they were promoted and giving the as much publicity as any other title and they still didn't sell unless that that Marvel is doing a publicity magic trick with Logan and Wade that i'm not aware of. Comics are a niche, most fans go for what they know as safe, Wolverine and Deadpool are a brand that gurantee at least certain number of people buyin. Those 4?. not so much, at least outside team settings.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If those other characters were as good marvel would push them. Marvel is not a charity is a business, they try to sell what works and wolverine works.

Some characters like Jean (my fave), cyclops, storm, etc are pushed for decades because they are interesting and draw some sales, if others were as good they would up there with them. I doubt pushing other characters super hard would have better results this late in the game.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-18-2019 at 06:29 PM.