Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Damn, UXM 12 outsold 11? Wolverine cover power?
    No, UXM #12 only had more units shipped. UXM #11 sold better because it was twice as expensive.

You know it. Bub. Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Good for Cyclops, finally the true heart of the X-men is back. No matter how hard marvel pushes lesser characters or crap on Cyclops, the truly great characters persevere.
    I can't wait to see how bad the age of X-man crap is doing.
    Lol, probably as good as Uncanny anual. No reason to hate AOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    No, UXM #12 only had more units shipped. UXM #11 sold better because it was twice as expensive.
    Yeah, forgot about price. Fine sales. I hope Uncanny sales will stay strong and big. X books need stability.

Astonishing Member

Got to inject that wolverine in to people. Take a picture of him, cut it up and inject it to you. Need that wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Good for Cyclops, finally the true heart of the X-men is back. No matter how hard marvel pushes lesser characters or crap on Cyclops, the truly great characters persevere.
    I can't wait to see how bad the age of X-man crap is doing.
    Yhea, I'm sure this has nothing to do with the other characters being relegated to an alternate reality no one was asking for..... I'm not crazy over cyclops or wolverine (although I love Mirage& Magic) but I'd rather read a thousand issues about them than the umpteenth what if / latest iteration of age of apocalypse/house of M mash-up.
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-15-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

so where are the sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so where are the sales?
    Next week, keepo.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    If only Uncanny had better art and writing...

I hate that sales never reflect quality.
    I don’t really know what you mean. Sales are objectively the best indicator that we have of what people want to read. Of course store orders and actual sales aren’t an exact proxy but until we have something better, it’s the best we have. I’m trusting retailers aren’t trying to buy more than they can sell. Of course Marvel overshipping is a fact, but that’s pretty much a non-issue because I understand they tend to do this on lots of titles.

Of course if your saying that a comics quality isn’t reflected in what people actually want to read, that’s a whole different discussion. That requires us to consider the question of how high a quality any particular work is sales are low and vice-versa?

Personally I’m happy to see Uncanny in the top 10. This title still has all the same IP that allowed it to dominate comic sales for over a decade. That’s probably not possible on the wages Marvel is willing to pay these days, but I’m hopeful this can be turned around with more inspired leadership in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    PS: What's up with those Flash numbers? Variant issue? I know the book is probably one of the more consistent selling books especially being on like its 60th issue but top 10 feels especially high
    Batman crossover and a Heroes in Crisis tie-in.

Given how well Uncanny X-Men #11 did, imagine how much better it would have done had it been #1 rather than coming after 10 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Batman crossover and a Heroes in Crisis tie-in.
    Ahhh that makes sense thank you! I'm way behind on Batman

Marvel promoted a and gave incentives for Uncanny so i'm not surprised that it is top 10.

also 2 of the most important x-characters are back.

Fantastic Member

Ummh

Although Marvel wants to sell diversity and women to power ... in the end those who sell are the alpha heterosexual white males heterosexual of the x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's what I gather as well. Wolverine IS the most popular X-character, and Cyclops is probably either 2nd or 3rd (with Storm likely taking the other slot). Putting them back on the same team again probably drew readers in. Now if they can try to get the band back together completely while keeping some good storytelling and art and Uncanny could possibly stay in or near the top 10.
    Storm is the only x-men woman that she could have sold well as a leader without Wolverine or Cyclops but ... Lemire completely ruined her.

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    Ummh

Although Marvel wants to sell diversity and women to power ... in the end those who sell are the alpha heterosexual white males heterosexual of the x-men.
    They are the two with most promotion and consistency on x-men. Nothing to do with being alpha males