Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman June 2019 Solicitations on deck, y'all

EVENT LEVIATHAN #1
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    The groundbreaking and always-inventive team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev (Jinxworld’s SCARLET, Marvel’s Daredevil) reunite on a mystery thriller that stretches across the DC Universe and touches every character from Batman to Superman to the Question to Talia al Ghul. With startling ease, a newly dangerous and aggressive Leviathan wipes out all its competition and now turns its sights to molding the world into its vision of order. Can the new threat’s growth be stopped...and who’s guiding its new agents of chaos?
    ON SALE 06.12.19

SUPERMAN YEAR ONE #1
    written by FRANK MILLER
    art by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI
    cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI
    cover by FRANK MILLER
    From the burning world of Krypton to the bucolic fields of Kansas, the first chapter of SUPERMAN YEAR ONE tracks Clark Kent’s youth in Kansas, as he comes to terms with his strange powers and struggles to find his place in our world. DC BLACK LABEL is proud to present the definitive origin of Superman as rendered by the legendary comics creators Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.!
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 06.19.19

ACTION COMICS #1012
    art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Artist Szymon Kudranski joins superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis as the attacks of Leviathan threaten targets across the globe, and the agents of the invisible mafia continue to infect Metropolis in this tie-in to EVENT LEVIATHAN!
    ON SALE 06.26.19
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #11
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by CARLO BARBERI and MATT SANTORELLI
    cover by DAN MORA
    Superboy and Robin have been chased through the galaxy by Rex Luthor and his band of murdering minors…and at last the final battle has begun! Using the Dimensional Cube and a brand-new, shiny army of prison planet escapees, Rex has opened the portal to Earth to start his invasion! But Jon and Damian have an army of their own, and when you’re backed by a cybernetic cowboy, an intergalactic ride-share program and several hundred “planeteers,” how could you not put up an epic fight?!
    ON SALE 06.05.19

DCEASED #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and STEFANO GAUDIANO
    cover by LEINIL YU
    variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Millions are dying every minute. Heroes and villains alike are falling. Can the Justice League unite to find a way to stop the spread of death? Can they save humanity from extinction? Can they even save themselves? The key to survival may hinge on the last moments of one of the World’s Finest Heroes…
    ON SALE 06.05.19

DIAL H FOR HERO #4
    written by SAM HUMPHRIES
    art and cover by JOE QUINONES
    With the Dial finally secured, and on the run from those who want to control the powerful device that can give anyone the powers of a random superhero, Miguel and Summer head to the old Justice League Detroit headquarters with the hope of finding some help in contacting Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #25
    written by SCOTT SNYDER and JORGE JIMENEZ
    art by JORGE JIMENEZ
    backup story written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    backup story art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    variant cover byJIM CHEUNG
    The “Sixth Dimension” storyline wraps up in this oversize issue as Superman faces down the World Forger to save the Justice League! Can Superman withstand the might of a being that can create worlds from nothing?! Plus, with the Justice League away, Mr. Mxyzptlk’s been wreaking havoc! Can anyone on Earth stand up to the fifth-dimensional menace?
    ON SALE 06.05.19

JUSTICE LEAGUE #26
    written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    After being off-planet for so long, the Justice League must try to pick up the pieces of their lives—but Lex Luthor has other plans. If he has his way, he’ll show all of humanity that the Justice League will never be there in the world’s time of need!
    ON SALE 06.19.19

SUPERGIRL #31
    written by MARC ANDREYKO
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and SEAN PARSONS
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    The House of El is united in this SUPERMAN/SUPERGIRL crossover! The Superman Family must unite to banish Rogol Zaar once and for all! But little do Supergirl, Superman, Superboy and Jor-El know, Rogol Zaar has brought some friends of his own…from the Phantom Zone! Supergirl not only has to make sure that Rogol Zaar doesn’t unite with his ax at all costs, but also has to deal with how the 10-year-old Superboy is now her age! This is the start of an intergalactic war you don’t want to miss!
    ON SALE 06.12.19

SUPERMAN #12
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    The House of El is united in this SUPERMAN/SUPERGIRL crossover! It’s the House of El against everyone as Superman, Jor-El, Supergirl and Superboy face intergalactic attacks from Rogol Zaar, General Zod and an armada of alien warriors and assassins. With the truth behind Krypton’s destruction set to be revealed, a galactic conspiracy threatens to silence Supergirl and Jor-El if Superman can’t live up to his name.
    ON SALE 06.12.19

YOUNG JUSTICE #6
    art by JOHN TIMMS and ELENA CASAGRANDE
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by RAMON VILLALOBOS
    The secrets of Gemworld begin to unlock themselves for the newly reformed members of Young Justice—Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Jinny Hex, Wonder Girl, Impulse and the new Teen Lantern—but is it too late for the teen heroes to help Amethyst bring some order to her chaotic realm? Fan-favorite artist Elena Casagrande also joins the team as she delivers a look at Jinny Hex’s origins and how she came to be in Metropolis on the day the new Young Justice formed.
    ON SALE 06.05.19

Lois & Jimmy are missing. I bet they are saving those for a con announcement this month. And Leviathan is an actual event tieing into Action Comics, which should be interesting.

Also interesting that nothing in the Supergirl or Superman solicits indicate that those issues are the conclusions to the Unity Saga. Wonder if it’s spilling into July.

Adam Hughes continues to kill it with those covers. Iconic.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-15-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Heh, whoever was so sure that Supergirl was a young adult now just got debunked lol. That Superman solicit confirms she's 17 still, that theory never made sense to me.

Glad Levithan is already starting, surprised DC didn't do a big PR about it and announce it earlier this week

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Heh, whoever was so sure that Supergirl was a young adult now just got debunked lol. That Superman solicit confirms she's 17 still, that theory never made sense to me.

Glad Levithan is already starting, surprised DC didn't do a big PR about it and announce it earlier this week
    I was one of them, I still think she is being written and drawn older, even if they aren't necessarily retconning her into being in her twenties.

ECCC is this weekend, then C2C2 next weekend, and Wonder Con after that. I would bet they are saving some stuff for at least C2E2 and Wonder Con.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

When I first read that about Supergirl, I thought WTF?! Also, didn't she have a full-time job Cat Co. or something like that in the comics?

Remember when Bendis going to DC was announced and a bunch of people said, “I hope he writes Green Arrow”? Congrats, y’all got your wish.

We can argue about the story content all we want (I’m loving it personally), but I’d rather this kind of cohesion as opposed to the constant crossovers like when Berganza was in charge.

* I'm so genuinely glad that Clark's working with Jor-El. I wanna see that dynamic.

* Really love that we're getting the Els together out in space.

* Justice League 25 sounds amazing.

* Love that Leviathan is getting this much room and scale while linking back to Action Comics.

_________

Am I the only one who think Miller's Year One is sounding more and more like it's maybe in continuity? It just straight up says "the definitive origin of Superman." I don't know what to think.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    When I first read that about Supergirl, I thought WTF?! Also, didn't she have a full-time job Cat Co. or something like that in the comics?
    Supergirl was working in Cat Co., but it wasn't a full-time job. She is in high school at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    * I'm so genuinely glad that Clark's working with Jor-El. And I'm very interested in what he and Supergirl know about Krypton that requires them being silenced.

* Really love that we're getting the Els together out in space. And I'm happy we're gonna get Kara's reaction to Jon.

* Justice League 25 sounds amazing.

* Love that Leviathan is getting this much room and scale while linking back directly to Action Comics.
    I really do like that Jor El is not being played as the straight up crazy villain Jon kinda made him sound like. Seems like he's an antagonist that isn't really an enemy, which is much more interesting to me. Have you been reading Supergirl? If you haven't it's had like a lot more revelations as to the whole Rogal Zaar subplot than Superman has so far. Both "Event Leviathan" and Unity Saga seem to be getting a little more room to breath which is really good. I was really concerned we were going to rush through to the conclusion of at least Unity.

Am I the only one who think Miller's Year One is sounding more and more like it's maybe in continuity? It just straight up says "the definitive origin of Superman." I don't know what to think.
    Man, I really hope not. Frank Miller and John Romita JR. are not the people who should get to define Superman's modern origin. I'd expect if that was going to happen it would be Bendis to do it. I don't see him handing that big of a project over to anyone, even Miller. Particularly with the joining the military plot point and what not.

I’m not inherently against the idea of Clark spending time in the military. It’s an interesting idea, I can see Clark early on knowing he wants to use his gifts to be a hero....yet maybe flying around a city in tights not be the first idea that crosses his mind. That being said I’d be more interested if this idea wasn’t being brought in through the guy who famously writes Superman as a lapdog for the government. Also you’d wonder how his secret id fits into this when the US government surely examines their recruits and would notice when one of them isn’t human.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Supergirl was working in Cat Co., but it wasn't a full-time job. She is in high school at the same time.
    Thanks for the info.